OSHO Zen Study Group: III Creativity

Indigo Rose

From the alchemy of fire and water below to the divine light entering from above, the figure in this card is literally 'possessed by' the creative force. Really, the experience of creativity is an entry into the mysterious. Techinque, expertise and knowledge are just tools; the key is to abandon oneself to the energy that fuels the birth of all things.This enegy has no from or structure, yet all the forms and structures come out of it.Osho Zen Tarot by Osho

This card is not as different from traditional Empress card, in that she has the twelve stars on her crown, the crescent moon, and abundance all around her. However, I find a freedom of expression here; and the radiant rainbow colors communicate the essence of the card's name: Creativity.

Judith D

There is lots of movement in this card - she is very alive, very energetic ... she is the energy of the creative act. All the colours of the rainbow / all the chakra colours are present, bringing all energies together, everything is flowing, nothing is static.
She glows with yellow light - the colour of the third chakra, with self empowerment, creative energy.
The spirals give a traditional link to goddess energy.
I also see strong links to the traditional empress - earthy, grounded (lots of green) fertile, imaginative.
And yet I do not feel as drawn to this card as I have to the others in the deck - not sure why.

cSpaceDiva

I too see the movement in this card, she is a dancer. She is harmony....with open arms she embraces the forces and energy around her, synthesizing them into new forms. Growth is happening within her, beginning at her fingertips. There is no distinction between herself and that which she creates.

squeakmo9

With her whole song and dance makes me think it is the type of creativity that is tangible, obvious. No wonder the Empress never impressed me regardless of deck:D

brenmck

This card has not impressed me that much either, as some others have also indicated. The rest of the deck is so much more original and powerful, it seems that it's out of place.

If the card had been called "The Muse," or something similar, it might have more meaning for me. But the figure just doesn't look like she really possesses the "rank" of this position in the Major Arcana. It appears more as a "safe" space rather than a "creative" space.

~B~

Master_Margarita

This card has a more deliberate and "programmed" feel to me than many others in this deck.

I agee with the comments that suggest that this card is fairly well in line with the traditional RWS Empress. I do like the idea of organic growth suggested by the green right hand, and I also like the use of the lotuses as a flower for all the associations they might convey.

I also like the way her back seems to blend seamlessly into her surroundings.

And yet. And yet. This card gives me an empty feeling. I don't know why. Especially when I contrast "Creativity" with "The Creator" (King of Fire/Wands). Maybe it's a deliberate artistic choice to show Creativity as more of an empty vessel, and less of a dynamic force. I find the LWB less than helpful on this card.

I'd hate to think that it's a superficial reaction on my part because I like the artwork less than on some of the other cards, but this is possible.