What have I taken home with me ??!!

samantha

I was at the bookshop last night , again on a quest to find another fairy
deck ( no luck ) , when I saw a small face peering out at me . Picking the
box up I thought , Ah ! So you are the froud faeries ......and on a whim bought them . ( Sorry ...that sounds bad . I , er , invited them home .)

I have looked at the cards , and did do one draw ( below ) but really want
to know what kind of readings I can expect from these cards . I've been
using tarot since I was a teenager , but have no experience of oracle cards.
A quick flick through the book's introduction stated that readings would be
"light hearted" , but I was a little sceptical about this ! Some of the images
on the cards look rather dark to me ! Do these cards never deliver bad news ? What's your experience ?

Anyway , I asked what I should be focussing on right now in life and drew
the blank faery guide card !! As I have not had time to meet my own guide
I asked the cards which faery in the deck , in their opinion , would approximate my guide . Got card 16 'the bright mother ' . Went back to the book ..... she feels not unlike the Empress (tarot ) , tho' I may be totally wrong to cross reference . But ...actually makes alot of sense . I think that this is a time in my life where I need to create new opportunities / experiences and yes ..... I think there was also a message there to nurture my relationship with significant other .

One last thing ...... these faeries came across as pretty sexual ! I don't think it was just a case of their not wearing clothes !! ( I've seen other 'naked' tarot decks/ cards etc etc and as I remember , my response was quite dispassionate/objective . ) This was totally unexpected !!!! Hmm ...

Edit : "bright' not "earth " . Tarot conditioning there .

PeterS

I know what you mean . . .

Samantha,

I read your post just nodding my head in agreement. I have for years just focused on Tarot and that has suited me fine. Yet this deck calls to me to give it some time. I bought a deck a couple of years ago and rashly decided that it was not going to give me what I wanted. I was looking for a more structured system and then threw myself into tarot study. Passed on the deck to a friend who loved it and I was happy, she was happy, all was well.

Happily going along this deck finds me again. Yes, it was an active act. I wasn't looking but it found its way back into my life. I have decided to hear them out. I have signed up finally for the next round of Fariy Seekers Circle.

I also am unconvinced that the reading are going to be all light and airy. So far what I have read for myself has been clear, helpful and honest. I would start with the exercises in the book. They are simple exercises but they are powerful.

So I am not convinced it is the oracle for me but it is a new year and a time for new adventures.

Peter

inanna_tarot

The readings may be light hearted but by no means are they superfical.
The joy that the faeries have taught me is that even in the most heart-breaking readings there is an element of life and love that superseeds all the darkness, all the pain and 'evils' of the world.
It reminded me that sometimes its okie to laugh whilst I cry, that its healing to do so and that there is peace when we let some issues just fly to the winds rather than clutch hold of them tightly.

Some of the energies will be like the Tarot, because the faeries and tarot (IMO!) both work on archetypes. Although Tarot is very much of our world, and the oracle is of theirs, there are large amounts of cross overs. That we are still bound to cycles and experiences, and the differences are to be learnt and felt.

I bought the Faeries on a whim in Glastonbury and I've never looked back! Even tho they have spent more time in the box recently, they are still in my heart. Once you 'get' the faeries they are friends for life :)

Oh and if you can, try and take part in the circles that happen here with the Faeries. They are a brilliant way to learn their ways and such fun! Theres a real sense of friendship with the faery circles :)

And have fun!!!!!

pickled pixie

what a lovely post Inanna_tarot, what I wanted to say but much more eloquently written:D

pp xxx

greenbeans

samantha said:
I have looked at the cards , and did do one draw ( below ) but really want
to know what kind of readings I can expect from these cards . I've been
using tarot since I was a teenager , but have no experience of oracle cards.
A quick flick through the book's introduction stated that readings would be
"light hearted" , but I was a little sceptical about this ! Some of the images
on the cards look rather dark to me ! Do these cards never deliver bad news ? What's your experience ?

'Bad news'...hmm. The cards do cover life's -ve aspects- fear, death, sadness, anger. Take a look, all the Fae are not smiling sweetly.
I think its the difference between being sent bad news in a beautifully decorated letter for you to interpret and deal with by yourself (tarot!) and having a few friends come over with hugs and cups of tea to tell you, comfort you, maybe tease you a little to cheer you up. Not that I'm putting tarot down, I love using it, I just think there's a difference.

samantha said:
Anyway , I asked what I should be focussing on right now in life and drew
the blank faery guide card !! As I have not had time to meet my own guide
I asked the cards which faery in the deck , in their opinion , would approximate my guide . Got card 16 'the bright mother ' . Went back to the book ..... she feels not unlike the Empress (tarot ) , tho' I may be totally wrong to cross reference . But ...actually makes alot of sense . I think that this is a time in my life where I need to create new opportunities / experiences and yes ..... I think there was also a message there to nurture my relationship with significant other .

Wow, I think your Guide is dying to make contact! You should start a thread describing your relationship with her as it progresses- I'd love to hear! My own guide is rather badly drawn but she's sweet, she doesn't mind my lack of skill. She very rarely comes up, but when she does I listen!

samantha said:
One last thing ...... these faeries came across as pretty sexual ! I don't think it was just a case of their not wearing clothes !! ( I've seen other 'naked' tarot decks/ cards etc etc and as I remember , my response was quite dispassionate/objective . ) This was totally unexpected !!!! Hmm ...

Oh yeah...sexual, sensual, joygasmic. That's faeries for you! (in fact I think its one of the most important things about fae, that they are connected so strongly to sex and death). I agree with you though, not all the naked fae are highly sexual...I think their nakedness is symbolic of their purity in a way, they are what they are, no cover or shame. Since Fae can manifest their own appearance, they could manifest clothing if they wanted, but choose not to. Their appearances are like metaphors, created to help you understand their message.

I'm obsessed with the Fae, if you can't tell. I actually came at it the other way from you, bought them before I was into tarot or anything like that. For the artwork!! Needless to say, it was like a 'gateway drug' to me, as the Fae have been my stepping stone to tarot, crystals, magic. I wonder where they'll take you?

Aulruna

Hmmm, no, I wouldn't chose the term "lighthearted", because this suggests fluff and sugar... And while they can be sweet and definitely love fun, it's Fae fun - a bit prankish or naughty at times, teasing, and quite impatient if you are too dense to get the message and they have to repeat it :D

The Bright Mother was my card for 2007, and she makes a wonderful guide, gentle and deep.

I see you connected quite strongly with the cards already and picked up a lot of things that are subtle about this deck... so I think you will have some great Fae adventures ahead of you!

celticnoodle

oh yes, the froud faeries are all that are described herein this thread and more. they are very blunt and very honest, and i especially like how greenbeans put it about their nakedness
greenbeans said:
I think their nakedness is symbolic of their purity in a way, they are what they are, no cover or shame.

the faeries can be tricksters, and love to play practical jokes, so you must have a good sense of humor and enjoy having fun if you're going to allow them into your home. they are pure fun, and I'm sure you're going to love them!

Open Arms

I picked my copy (second hand) yesterday..and only had a quick flick through them...

Having started with oracles then moved to tarot..it seems like I have come a full circle...

These cards..even with just a brief look seems to want to speak to me but I am resisting today...I want to find a clear space and time...take the phone off the hook and be able to meld with them.

Jewel

Open Arms said:
These cards..even with just a brief look seems to want to speak to me but I am resisting today...I want to find a clear space and time...take the phone off the hook and be able to meld with them.
Hi Open Arms, hope you really enjoy the Faeries. Here in the study group there are threads about all of the cards, and lots of other "stuff".