Discovery spread

WinterRose

This spread is about you. Have you ever wondered what your personal card is? You could flick through the deck and find the one you're most drawn to, but I find it easier to allow the cards to choose one for you - that way your knowledge of the card's meanings doesn't affect your choice. This is a spread that I've come up with to let the Universe talk to you about the different aspects of your being.

Here's the spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
~~2~~~~~3~~~
~~~~~4~~~~~~

1. Your Life card. This is what signifies you throughout your life - this is the meaning and significance of your life.

2. Your Personality card. This is your personality - not how you or others see you, but your true personality.

3. Your Spirit card. This shows the shape of your spirit.

4. Your Grounding card. This shows what advice the Universe has for you.

If any positions show negative cards, it is what you have to overcome in this life - possibly as karma for previous life.

daniL

Thank-you! That is a great spread. I have just tried it out - wonderful!

ArtemisOrange

I just did this! How appropriate because just yesterday someone online friends and I were talking about which card we felt represented us.

I actually drew Temperance for card #1. I LOVE THAT. It's my favorite card, it's my goal in life, it's how I try to approach everything, woo!

Definitely noting this one down for the future. I love doing BIG spreads (10 to 20 cards, or bigger), but for reading for others, or quick snapshots, I like spreads like this. Thanks!

Dusk Till Dawn

Thank you! I tried it, works for me.My first card is: Queen of Swords.

shiresun

Have you ever done this with Majors only?

WinterRose

Thanks, everyone! Glad it works for you!

Shiresun - yes, this could work well with majors only!

Artemis - I know what you mean! I pulled the Hierophant for my first card - deep-rooted, stable, standing up for myself and my beliefs, continuing on my spirit journey.

stardancer12

I will have to tried this spread.

olivia1

what does the Shape of the spirit mean? I did this spread and all my cards were minors *except* the card that represents the shape of my spirit. It sounds major but unfortunately, I do not know what the "shape of the spirit" means...will you please clarify?

WinterRose

It shows you what your spirit is, what your spirit is like. For example, I pulled the empress, so it shows me that my spirit is kind and gentle.

olivia1

WinterRose said:
It shows you what your spirit is, what your spirit is like. For example, I pulled the empress, so it shows me that my spirit is kind and gentle.
thanks!