Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

FLizarraga

Well, first of all, Happy New Year, everyone! (Even if you're not on the Gregorian calendar, Happy New Year to you!)
:party: :party: :party:

I just wanted to let people know that I'll be taking over AJ's duties in maintaining a Trimmed/Altered thread, and that I'll be creating a new thread as soon as I have the time, hopefully sometime this very week. I'll keep you guys posted --literally. :p

AJ

Hakuna Matata to the whole gang.
Thank you all for continuing to show and share your amazing work.
Thanks Felix for continuing our legacy here!

Citrin

I would love to see photos of this!

I've attached a photo, it's my year ahead spread. :) I never took any before-photos but you can see the large borders if you go to Aeclectic's page about the deck. The artwork really just pops out now!

Attachments

• DSC_0606.jpg
    DSC_0606.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 201

aquestionmark

A few trimmed decks Bonefire, Lumina and Victoria Regina

I did it! I trimmed the text off of my Victoria Regina deck and can now easily shuffle it and I prefer it without titles, you can still see a tiny bit of text on the bottom borders but it doesn't bother me.

My bonefire, I had been debating whether or not to trim off the titles and I finally went for it. I am glad I did.

My Lumina deck was a little big for my hands and the borders felt a bit obtrusive. I only trimmed the top and bottom borders off. It really opened the deck up for me.

Attachments

• Victoria Regina.jpg
    Victoria Regina.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Lumina.jpg
    Lumina.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Bonefire.jpg
    Bonefire.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 189

G6

Yellow Gold Edged Original Mythic Tarot

I decided to edge the vintage Mythic I just received.

I used a Bic Yellow Gold permanent marker, which is part of a three marker metallic set they sell at Target. I thought black would be too heavy/boring.

This is after two applications. It may look a little darker tomorrow. I would like it if it was a little darker, but with the metallic pens they always have a certain brightness to them. Right now the deck looks like a gold brick, which is appropriate, in my opinion.

Enjoy the pics! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 183

Nemia

That's wonderful, I was just wondering what to do with my newly-bought original Mythic!

JuniperPress

Has anyone ever trimmed the black borders off the Golden Universal deck? Am thinking of doing it and wondering if anyone had done it already so I can get a sneak peek at what it will look like.

Michellehihi

Tarot leaves

I started trimming my Tarot Leaves (by Beth Seilonen)
As you can see on the picture, the cars will me much smaller!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 196

WolfyJames

A few of my decks are trimmed: the Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal, The Druidcraft Tarot, the Druid Animal Oracle and the Green Man Tree Oracle. The Tarot of Sevenfold Mystery is my latest effort and I've finally finished it :):):).

I plan next to trim Camelot Oracle and the Druid Plant Oracle.

Attachments

• image01984.jpg
    image01984.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 182
  • image02984.jpg
    image02984.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 186
  • image03984.jpg
    image03984.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 197

rylla

Sevenfold looks great!

Wondering if there is somebody who tried to change a white border in a black one. I am trying to do it with a marker but I am not happy with the results.