Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

GlitterNova

So far I've edged my Mary-El Tarot, Tarot of the Vampyres and my personal deck in black sharpie. It makes them look really slick and clean. Next I'm going to try edging my Silicon Dawn deck in black. The process is actually quite relaxing! I definitely recommend it.

Padma

Those look great, Juniper! The black really complements the backs, and seems to make the faces (what I can see of them) pop. Awesome! :thumbsup:

G6, love your "gold brick" mythic! Do the markers smudge off, at all...?

WolfyJames, the Place deck looks fab trimmed! Ispiring! Might do mine now...

ilweran

I've trimmed my first deck :eek: and very nerve wracking it was too! I've been considering it for a while - it's the Llewellyn, and I found it a bit big to shuffle comfortably. The borders are completely gone now and I think I did a reasonable job.

Not sure I want to do it ever again, but I could definitely get into edging. I've done the Goddess on the Go affirmation deck as a practice, just finished the second coat and they're all laid out on newspaper to dry. I've ordered ink for the trimmed Llewellyn, and will definitely do the Legacy of the Divine in black. If they go well I'm going to do my Shadowscapes as well :)

FaintlyMacabre

My whole life has been absorbed by Tim Holtz inks and markers and pencils lately:eek: And YouTube videos... I have orders coming from Dick Blick and Joann's now. Maybe I can finish the gold-edging I started.

The Tarot Pack came missing the colored Sharman-Caselli deck and the uncolored one is cut crooked so I'm not sure what I'll do with that. If I trim the borders, I will need one of those corner cutters. Interestingly, the cards shown on the front are borderless although I think that is just an "artist's rendering" because the smaller photos on the side are of the normal deck. The backs on the uncolored deck are green, not pink. I have new respect for the MerryDay. (I still need a pencil sharpener and a black marker as well as the corner thing if I keep this crooked one - it is for practice.)

I was going to print a deck and figured by the time I did it, if I could find it for $400, I'd be way ahead :)

Diana

Padma

Diana, you can use a nail-clipper to edge your decks - it works just fine as a corner rounder, I have done it on three decks! :) practice on some plain cardboard first though! Then you will know what distance is necessary for a successful cut. :) I have attached an image below with the edges trimmed with nail clippers, so you can see.

Attachments

• close up trim (640x640).jpg
    close up trim (640x640).jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 213

rylla

Diana, you can use a nail-clipper to edge your decks - it works just fine as a corner rounder, I have done it on three decks! :) practice on some plain cardboard first though! Then you will know what distance is necessary for a successful cut. :) I have attached an image below with the edges trimmed with nail clippers, so you can see.

Oh, great! Wouldn't think it works so well. BTW which deck is that?

Padma

Oh, great! Wouldn't think it works so well. BTW which deck is that?

It does work well! And that is the Wildwood deck :) I have added another nail clipper set I did - the Robin Wood. I learned it takes three small snips at each corner to round it properly! First the main middle round, then tiny snips to take off the edges at either end of the round part :)

Attachments

• Robin Wood trimmed and rounded corners (640x640).jpg
    Robin Wood trimmed and rounded corners (640x640).jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 208

FaintlyMacabre

You did a beautiful job, Padma. That looks great although I'm not missing that Robin Wood yet.

I took a partial refund on that set so I'll need to trim. It seemed like the best solution since possibly another one could be crooked too. I haven't really looked through the Wildwood yet.

I do need to get the pencil sharpener and maybe a black marker - not sure. I could possibly get the rounder (I don't trust me).

Diana

Padma

Just - maybe - trim some cardboard to tarot card size, and practice stuff first? :) I am sure you can do it, Diana! :thumbsup:

PS thanks for kind words on my trim job! :D