Neptune in 2nd or 3rd?

upawell

I'm considering having my chart rectified a second time, but as I'm not in any rush, I am trying my hand at moving the time around myself based on planetary placements.

Since I feel the rectified time I'm working with falls into the general ballpark, I've moved about an hour away from that time. I based this birthtime move on where certain planets feel true to experience. The tricky part is they're outer planets, but as two of them are tightly conjunct each other and also tightly conjunct my AS, I feel they're where they're supposed to be. One of these conjunct outer planets is also in a critical degree, so I feel the planet is a huge part of me.

However, the hour move shifts my Neptune from 3rd to 2nd. It is here that I was hoping to get some input from others who might have Neptune in either of these houses.

I do feel Neptune makes more sense for me in the 2nd house, but struggle with completely divorcing myself from the 3rd house placement, as a well-respected astrologer did rectify my chart. Also, there are few things in the 3rd house interpretations that could apply with some degree of accuracy.

I'm hoping some you can share your personal experiences of the more idiosyncratic sort with Neptune in 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes I'll hear about a certain quality or tendency and immediately sense an inner familiarity. I know we have to look at the chart as a whole, but I'm a privacy nut and would prefer not to post even an anonymous chart.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing your responses.

upawell

**ETA: The reason I'm not quite settled with the astrologer's rectification is because I was in my mid-twenties at the time, so didn't have any of the major life events (marriage, kids, etc) to provide. Still don't, actually, even though it's been several years.

Ronia

My Neptune is not in the 2nd but is ruling it and, as expected, money comes and goes. LOL Fluctuating is the right word. But when I was in a Neptunian profession, I did very well. Follow your heart, money will follow, seems to me the most Neptunian thing. I didn't at one point and things got worse. Common sense is not exactly what Neptune appreciates.

upawell

My Neptune is not in the 2nd but is ruling it and, as expected, money comes and goes. LOL Fluctuating is the right word. But when I was in a Neptunian profession, I did very well. Follow your heart, money will follow, seems to me the most Neptunian thing. I didn't at one point and things got worse. Common sense is not exactly what Neptune appreciates.

Do you have other placements in your chart that could balance the 2nd House ruling?

I have a few Cancer placements so I can be fiscally conservative. I also have tendency to be rather spartan, but that's probably my Saturn. My lessons in this house have taught me that I need to keep a budget and always lock in my funds.

But my experience of my Neptune in 2nd (if it is in 2nd...) is more about what I give away. I have essentially "given away" my talents for free, or next to nothing. I've stopped this tendency once I realized what was up, but when I think back on it, oy!

Which is why I feel Neptune in 2nd fits better than the 3rd.

Perhaps 3rd House Neptune folks could weigh in?

Minderwiz

Third House Neptune

I do have Neptune in the third house but therein lies a few issues.

In another thread Dave (Dasnook2000) suggested that a Pluto (and I presume the outer two planets) that was not in a tight aspect pattern would not be something you were sensitive to. I'd probably add to that lack of sensitivity the condition of not being angular. The second/third houe placement is about as non-angular as you can get and my Neptune is largely unconnected by close aspects
except a sextile to twelfth house Mars. So for me it's nothing I notice. If your Neptune has a tight major aspect to a prominent planet you might experience it differently.

The second and third dividing line depends on what house system you use. You might find that if you change the house system Neptune changes houses again. I guess your astrologer used Placidus, so try changing to other systems. If Neptune moves between houses, then rectification based on Neptune isn't really going to help matters much because house system rather than time could be the determining factor.

For rectification to be of much use, you do need those life events. The purpose of rectification is to improve the accuracy of predictions made on from your natal chart and that means a process of adjusting the rectification to fit the evidence of life experience at regular intervals. You will never get the 'right' answer, despite the name of the process, but hopefully you'll get a more useful answer.

Ronia

Do you have other placements in your chart that could balance the 2nd House ruling?

I have a few Cancer placements so I can be fiscally conservative. I also have tendency to be rather spartan, but that's probably my Saturn. My lessons in this house have taught me that I need to keep a budget and always lock in my funds.

But my experience of my Neptune in 2nd (if it is in 2nd...) is more about what I give away. I have essentially "given away" my talents for free, or next to nothing. I've stopped this tendency once I realized what was up, but when I think back on it, oy!

Which is why I feel Neptune in 2nd fits better than the 3rd.

Perhaps 3rd House Neptune folks could weigh in?

Um... In every chart there are different energies playing together, so apparently I do have other planets affecting my income (Venus in the 8th, for example, and Neptune himself is exactly sextile Pluto in the 8th ruling my Sun). I don't take my Cancer placements as related to my financial discipline though as they fall in houses which I don't take as "financial" and because to me Cancer is about the home, the family, the emotional world and for females - about maternity, mostly. Saturn rules my Asc and my Sun is in Scorpio both of which make me not frivolent with anything, money or love or possessions. But risking is something natural to me. Anyway, you asked about Neptune and that's what I've experienced with Neptune ruling the 2nd. I learned my lessons. But no, I've never given anything for free, I do value myself greatly. LOL

upawell

I do have Neptune in the third house but therein lies a few issues.

In another thread Dave (Dasnook2000) suggested that a Pluto (and I presume the outer two planets) that was not in a tight aspect pattern would not be something you were sensitive to. I'd probably add to that lack of sensitivity the condition of not being angular. The second/third houe placement is about as non-angular as you can get and my Neptune is largely unconnected by close aspects
except a sextile to twelfth house Mars. So for me it's nothing I notice. If your Neptune has a tight major aspect to a prominent planet you might experience it differently.

The second and third dividing line depends on what house system you use. You might find that if you change the house system Neptune changes houses again. I guess your astrologer used Placidus, so try changing to other systems. If Neptune moves between houses, then rectification based on Neptune isn't really going to help matters much because house system rather than time could be the determining factor.

For rectification to be of much use, you do need those life events. The purpose of rectification is to improve the accuracy of predictions made on from your natal chart and that means a process of adjusting the rectification to fit the evidence of life experience at regular intervals. You will never get the 'right' answer, despite the name of the process, but hopefully you'll get a more useful answer.

Interesting about the tight aspect pattern idea. It makes sense. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that from now on.

The astrologer used Equal, but the planets are the same in both Equal and Placidus. The only time Neptune moves to 2nd is when I use my experimental time.

Thanks for your help!

upawell

Um... In every chart there are different energies playing together, so apparently I do have other planets affecting my income (Venus in the 8th, for example, and Neptune himself is exactly sextile Pluto in the 8th ruling my Sun). I don't take my Cancer placements as related to my financial discipline though as they fall in houses which I don't take as "financial" and because to me Cancer is about the home, the family, the emotional world and for females - about maternity, mostly. Saturn rules my Asc and my Sun is in Scorpio both of which make me not frivolent with anything, money or love or possessions. But risking is something natural to me. Anyway, you asked about Neptune and that's what I've experienced with Neptune ruling the 2nd. I learned my lessons. But no, I've never given anything for free, I do value myself greatly. LOL

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

spiraling

I personally do not have Neptune placed in the 3rd house, nor is it in aspect to its ruling planet, but: perhaps it lends a learning quality as experienced by right-brain dominants. A near osmosis quality, one processes information by absorbing the essential rather than systematizing via logical analysis. 'ADD'? Sudden 'Eureka!" or "Ah hah!" moments where it all comes together?

upawell

I personally do not have Neptune placed in the 3rd house, nor is it in aspect to its ruling planet, but: perhaps it lends a learning quality as experienced by right-brain dominants. A near osmosis quality, one processes information by absorbing the essential rather than systematizing via logical analysis. 'ADD'? Sudden 'Eureka!" or "Ah hah!" moments where it all comes together?

Hi spiraling,

Yes, I have read those interpretations of Neptune in 3rd, but the quality you describe above could also be attributed to intuitives in general. But you make a good point about ADD, as it has been remarked that Neptune in 3rd has been known to create challenges with regards to traditional schooling methods.

Perhaps someone with personal experience can enlighten us.

econdude

I'm considering having my chart rectified a second time, but as I'm not in any rush, I am trying my hand at moving the time around myself based on planetary placements.

Since I feel the rectified time I'm working with falls into the general ballpark, I've moved about an hour away from that time. I based this birthtime move on where certain planets feel true to experience. The tricky part is they're outer planets, but as two of them are tightly conjunct each other and also tightly conjunct my AS, I feel they're where they're supposed to be. One of these conjunct outer planets is also in a critical degree, so I feel the planet is a huge part of me.

However, the hour move shifts my Neptune from 3rd to 2nd. It is here that I was hoping to get some input from others who might have Neptune in either of these houses.

I do feel Neptune makes more sense for me in the 2nd house, but struggle with completely divorcing myself from the 3rd house placement, as a well-respected astrologer did rectify my chart. Also, there are few things in the 3rd house interpretations that could apply with some degree of accuracy.

I'm hoping some you can share your personal experiences of the more idiosyncratic sort with Neptune in 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes I'll hear about a certain quality or tendency and immediately sense an inner familiarity. I know we have to look at the chart as a whole, but I'm a privacy nut and would prefer not to post even an anonymous chart.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing your responses.

upawell

**ETA: The reason I'm not quite settled with the astrologer's rectification is because I was in my mid-twenties at the time, so didn't have any of the major life events (marriage, kids, etc) to provide. Still don't, actually, even though it's been several years.

I would say surveying how people see you and then looking at which ascendant that might be is a very effective "rectification" although that wouldn't prove your time of birth.

Neptune in the second shows a certain idealistic attitude towards material possessions and perhaps shows a dissatisfaction in owning material items or a feeling of frustration or indifference when you obtain something material that you thought you wanted.

Neptune in the third suggests nebulous communication, aimless wandering around town or idealistic networking, creative writing, etc.

Neptune by house is the area of your life that tends to be imaginative and creative, but also represents a longing that can never be fulfilled. You might find that whatever your need or want by the house Neptune is in eludes you.