Thoth Tarot delivered!

Rubycon

I got the deck today in the mail and I had a strange feeling before I even opened the mailbox. Once I opened the package and noticed the Thoth in bubble wrap I got excited! One problem with it though. I got an older version, I believe 1996, and the cards have a bend from one corner to the opposite corner like they were stored in that position for years. The cards look brand new. Is there any way to fix them without bending them or damaging them? I prefer the cards to be flat.

Abrac

If it's a smaller deck and they can be shuffled, that'll straighten 'em out. It may take awhile but they will flatten out.

If it's the large version that may be a problem. You might make some cardboard inserts that will fill up the excess space in the box so the cards are always stored flat. Take them out once in awhile if you're not using them and flex the whole deck back and forth to try and work the curve out. I've had pretty good luck doing this but it takes a very long time. I'd rather go slow though, it's easy to mess up a deck by bending and twisting it too much.

Something I did one time was take two books and space them apart so the ends of the deck rested on the edges of the books. Then I put something heavy on the deck so it bent slightly in the opposite direction of warp, then let it sit overnight. It wasn't a miracle cure but every bit helps. :laugh:

The trick is to loosen the cards up so they lay flat. If you can shuffle 'em you can accomplish this relatively quickly, otherwise you just have to keep working the cards and store them flat.

Laura Borealis

I had a deck with a bad warp, and on someone's advice here I arranged them so every other card was back to front, so the warps were pressing against each other (if that makes sense). I put them away for a couple weeks and when I remembered to check them, they had flattened out.

ravenest

You are clever, aren't you :thumbsup:

Rubycon

I think I'll try all of these methods. I still have a while before I start using them anyway. I just started reading The Book of Thoth last night. Thanks for the tips!

Abrac

Laura, I'm gonna try that on one I've been working on for awhile and not having much luck. :)

Laura Borealis

I hope it works! Good luck :)

Rubycon

I had a deck with a bad warp, and on someone's advice here I arranged them so every other card was back to front, so the warps were pressing against each other (if that makes sense). I put them away for a couple weeks and when I remembered to check them, they had flattened out.

Okay I just did this a little while ago and I set a really thick book (Magick: Liber ABA) on top of the cards. It seemed fitting for the occasion. I also made sure all of the cards are in perfect shape with no overlapping. I'll check them in 2 weeks I hope they get better!