Tarot for Magick (majors)

earthair

In order to be on the trade train, as I am short of decks to swap, I created this one-off mini deck today (41x84mm) but wanted to share it with you all before it goes to its new home. :livelong:

27 hand cut cards. Hand drawn in silver then some metallic colour added.

22 standard majors... plus 4 aces and a significator card for use in spells etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_5444.jpg
    IMG_5444.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5442.jpg
    IMG_5442.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 329

Aunty Anthea

In order to be on the trade train, as I am short of decks to swap, I created this one-off mini deck today (41x84mm) but wanted to share it with you all before it goes to its new home. :livelong:

27 hand cut cards. Hand drawn in silver then some metallic colour added.

22 standard majors... plus 4 aces and a significator card for use in spells etc.

Love them :love:

I have never used cards for magik, I use candle magik, but perhaps I will look into this further :)

Good luck with your cards :)

earthair

Thanks :) Glad someone likes it. Was beginning to think everyone was in stunned silence, and not in a good way!
In future editions I think I might add a variety of different Aces in Pents, Discs, Coins, Cups, Vessels, Fire, Pools etc for every magickal need! But I don't want people to think this is just for spells and stuff... just the extra cards are. The majors work as any normal majors only deck would.

I might do a full 78 card deck in big cards next :shhh:

Out of interest, how many people on AT are tarot users who are also witches/magicians/experimenters /magic wombles ? Is this sort of thing too niche?

kfad

I really like the simplicity and pureness in the deck.

earthair

I really like the simplicity and pureness in the deck.
Thanks - that was what I intended :)

Luckily no-one picked it on the trade train *phew* and I'm getting to work with it a bit now. I've grown quite attached to it!

Laurelle

Looking at those makes me not so intimated by creating my own deck. I figured I wasn't a master artist, so I couldn't make a deck.

I love them. Thanks for sharing.

Zafero Berro

Striking cards! In this picture, http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=79672&d=1445987240 their homogeneity shines through. The idea of using almost entirely white on black, with very rare bits of colour, is original and gives a real clarity to the deck.

I am amazed by the amount of both mystery and meaning you have given the cards in just a few careful lines. You have a real talent!

If you do another similar one, the only ones I would change would be 8 Strength and possibly 3 The Empress. I thought they were out of character to the rest. But I may be missing something, that happens often!