Location cards

Tobe

I know Nine of Swords means a place where you feel the most comfortable, but yet disturbing.
Imagine a dirty toilet. Actually, not "comfortable". But a personal space. So most likely, your room, or house.

Then Nine of Pentacles is of course, your garden. Or a place that have a strong connection with your money (House, cause land tax, loans..etc)

Ace of Sword I see it as a school.

Justice is court of laws

Moon is out in the forest, or some place wild.

Devil is clubs, drug stores, streets, anywhere relates to addiction or temptation

Sun is somewhere like a park, or a garden. Or playground, because it's a card of fun as well.

There are many other cards I have successfully read as places, too. But, I can't remember them at this moment. I will complete my list when my memory comes back.

aware7

Thank you so much to everyone. There's a lot of food for thought in all these posts. Especially the theatre references.

That's always the case - while I have my usual interpretations that work for me most of the time, sometimes I just can't see the woods for the trees when using tarot for myself. Re the post before this reply, yes the 9 of Pentacles isn't always some lucky windfall or being prudent as some interpretations have it.

The 9 of Pentacles used to puzzle me in certain readings until I realised there are different dynamics at work in this card. Yes it can represent safety and prudence and being comfortable financially and in other ways. Yet the 9 of Pentacles also warns in a different way from a card like the 4 of Pentacles of resistance to new ideas or new actions, of leaving the enclosed garden which actually can be a voluntary prison.

FLizarraga

I guess there are some correspondences that are intrinsic, like the ones Barleywine mention, and there are also the ones that depend on the deck you're using. Off the top of my head, the Bohemian Gothic King of Cups is literally on a stage, and a lot of cards in the Baroque Bohemian Cats are set in a theater or opera house --even the Hanged Man, IIRC. (Or is it the Victorian Romantic Hanged Man?)

ihcoyc

Others have mentioned the Mountebank/Magician. The Chariot is another major that strikes me as obviously theatrical; the figure is not so much a king, as an actor playing a king.

Seven cups is another theatrical card; not only fantasy, but special effects seem to belong with it.

For general cards describing places, I tend to think of that as Batons/Wands business. Two departs; Three returns. Four is an established enterprise and its solid buildings. Five a sports field, a place where a dangerous game is played. Six, the road ahead. The seven is a position of strength. Eight, the destination. Nine, another stronghold or retreat. Ten, workplaces generally.