The Lover's Weave Spread

Ambrosia

I came across this interesting sounding spread on my internet travels today - it apparently involves weaving together the cards so they stay together in a kind of woven mat.

I tried searching but haven't found much about how it's done. Does anyone have experience with this spread?
It was created by Joseph Martin, creator of The Quest Tarot.

Here is a link to the blog post with a picture of the spread, where I discovered it...

http://tarot-table-talk.net/category/uncategorized/

The post is titled Fun at Bats and is the second post down. Apparently it was discussed at 2009 BATS.

Thanks in advance...

ETA- Apologies, the above link no longer works...UnicornNymph below has kindly found another...

Ms. Jocelyn

I came across this interesting sounding spread on my internet travels today - it apparently involves weaving together the cards so they stay together in a kind of woven mat.

I tried searching but haven't found much about how it's done. Does anyone have experience with this spread?
It was created by Joseph Martin, creator of The Quest Tarot.

Here is a link to the blog post with a picture of the spread, where I discovered it...

http://tarot-table-talk.net/category/uncategorized/

The post is titled Fun at Bats and is the second post down. Apparently it was discussed at 2009 BATS.

Thanks in advance...

Hi Ambrosia,

I tried all of my Librarian tricks to try and find the spread. If you Google his name, you will come up with his Facebook page. Maybe if you contact him directly, he may be able to post the spread some place.

I hope someone else knows it and posts it, this spread looks interesting.

Ambrosia

Hi Ambrosia,

I tried all of my Librarian tricks to try and find the spread. If you Google his name, you will come up with his Facebook page. Maybe if you contact him directly, he may be able to post the spread some place.

I hope someone else knows it and posts it, this spread looks interesting.

Hello there! :)

Thank you - I too tried to find info but no joy. It certainly DOES look interesting doesn't it? I'm wondering if it's a spread he only shares with group workshops etc...

Hopefully someone else may chime in with further info...

rwcarter

I was in that class and did that spread. In the linked picture, you would put the Emperor down first, lay the KP cross it, then lay the two Queens down on the King and then weave the QP and 3W Rx in amongst the Emperor and Queens. Although I think the cards were actually laid out like they are in many versions of the Celtic Cross:

4.1x2.6

He gave out blank handouts in the class, and I know I still have mine. I'll try to remember to look tonight when I get home.

Rodney

Ambrosia

Ooh thanks Rodney! Does each card have a set position? What are they? I assume you draw randomly as opposed to consciously choosing your cards?

Looking forward to hearing a little more how the spread works...

rwcarter

So I was wrong in how the spread is laid out. It is assembled as

4.1x2.3

So, 1 is laid face down vertically, 2 is laid on top of 1 horizontally, 3 is laid vertically on top of 2 to its right, 4 is laid vertically on top of 2 to its left, 5 is woven under 1 (at the bottom) and on top of 3 and 4 and 6 is woven under 1 (at the top) and on top of 3 and 4. Then the whole thing is flipped over from left to right (so the 3 and 4 positions are swapped). A weave is done for each person in the relationship with a single card between the two weaves.

Positions are (restated in my words from a much longer description):
1: Person Card - shows how person A is with person B (and vice versa)
2: Hidden Desires Card - shows Person A's/Person B's hidden desires (possibly about the lover, possibly about a past lover, possibly personality issues)
3: Past Relationships Card- shows influence of past relationships on Person A/Person B
4: Future Outcome Card - shows the future for Person A/Person B if everything remains the same
5: Past Life Influences Card - shows what has gone on in the past lives of Person A/Person B
6: Lovers Together Card - Person A's/Person B's strongest influence on the couple's chance for a great life together
7: Lucky Question Card - optional question the couple can ask at the end of the reading. Card is chosen by counting "out cards, face down, one card for each letter in the first name of each lover, turning the last card face-up and place(d) in this position."

In the notes I took on the layout sheet, another way to look at the positions is:
1: shows balance, movement
2: shows nurturing, bonding
3: shows dynamism, change
4: shows love, getting in touch
5: shows endings, transformation
6: shows battle, discord

The layout sheet is copyrighted, so let me see if I can contact Joseph (who I believe is a member here) and see if either he'll give me permission to post it here or he'll come along and post something himself.

Rodney

Ambrosia

Thank you so much Rodney! What a fascinating spread...I appreciate you taking the time to explain it. Definitely gonna try this out today - hopefully Joseph will pop in and give his thoughts too... Thank you.

Ambrosia

So I was wrong in how the spread is laid out. It is assembled as

4.1x2.3

Can I just ask - are the positions above how you lay the cards out face down? Or are those the final positions once the weave has been flipped over?

Hope that makes sense...thanks.

ETA- When you say "person a/person b", does that mean you do the spread twice? Once for each party? So you pick one person? Gosh I'm not sure I'm making sense sorry...

Ah sorry, I see you answer that here:

"A weave is done for each person in the relationship with a single card between the two weaves."

Does the single card between the two weaves have a position meaning?