21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

Hooked on TdM

Tarotof the Cat People 8 of Cups

Thanks for the welcome FG! I've switched decks as the TdM just isn't good for these exercises.

August 18th, 2014
Tarot of the Cat People
8 wands, 9 cups, 8 cups

Most unsettling, 8 of cups. Most intriguing, 8 of wands. Most detail, 8 of wands. Least detail, 8 of cups.

I’ve drawn the 8 of Cups.

DarkYarns

21 Ways: Step One

Step One: Illuminated Tarot, Eight of Cups.

I drew The Empress, The Queen of Cups, and the Eight of Cups.

Most Intriguing: Eight of Cups / Queen of Cups
Most Unsettling: Eight of Cups / Queen of Cups
Most Detail: Eight of Cups
Most Pleasing: The Empress

I chose the Eight of Cups as the most detailed and intriguing.

Attachments

• IL8Cups.JPG
    IL8Cups.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 148

cardwitch

Step ONE - Pierre Madenie Tarot de Marseille, La Lune

Link to picture: http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/images/galerie/1709_pierre-madenie/18_la_lune.jpg

This rendition of the Moon is very similar to the later RWS, with the dogs barking at the moon, the crustacean crawling out of a body of water, and the mysterious two towers. Like all the cards in the Pierre Madenie TdM, the colors are simple and a little surprising, with red for the crescent moon, green and yellow for the earth, blue and peach for the dogs, red and yellow for the towers. The corner of a red and green structure at the bottom of the card catches my eye; it seems to the part of the roof of a house. The mysterious and unsettling quality of this card has captured my imagination and made it the winner (other choices were the Ace of Batons and the 10 of Swords).

Emberlyn

Step ONE: Shadowscapes Tarot, The Queen of Swords

I drew The Queen of Swords, The Chariot, and The Star.

Most Intriguing: Queen of Swords
Most Unsettling: I didn't find any of these cards unsettling. They all seem very positive.
Most Detail: The Chariot
Most Pleasing: The Queen of Swords

The Queen of Swords is so beautiful. (I actually had a custom Tarot box made with the image of this card on it) The predominant color that most catches my eye is purple, but there is also a lot of white. (Which happens to be my favorite color) She is holding a blade that is in the shape of a crescent moon. There are birds flying close to her and beautiful flowers at her feet, as well as a swan and a seashell.

acidrica

21 Ways - Step One

Tarot of the Silicon Dawn, Five of Wands

I drew the Five of Wands.

This card is mainly shades of green. A shirtless, demonic looking person with breasts, a tie, and horns is plowing a field. The person is colored in such a way as to bring to mind a silhouette. Through the field a crack cuts through the middle. Or is it black water? There is another, fully clothed not entirely human figure standing to the left on the card. Are they taking a break? From the right of the card, an arm holding a stick points to something. In the background is a volcano. It smokes and drips orange lava. Tilt the card, and the main figure has inlaid patterns on their skin.

pandap

21 Ways Step 1 Rider Waite The Hanged Man

A man is suspended upside down from a tree, which is in the shape of a "T". His right leg is attached to the tree by something that looks like material. He is wearing red tights and a blue/green tunic and bright yellow shoes. He has what looks like a yellow radiating sun behind his head. Both his arms form triangles, with his hands behind his back. The position of his left leg makes a cross with his right leg. His hair is white. There are lots of green leaves growing on the tree, which are mainly on the "T" sections. There is very little growth of the part of the tree from which he is suspended. There is nothing in the background, which is a uniform drab beige colour. He has no expression on his face and doesn't appear to be in any discomfort. He isn't trying to move or free himself.

The card I have chosen is the Hanged Man from the Rider Waite deck.

avalele

21 Ways - step one

Step ONE: avalele street deck, XI Strength

A girl with long olive color hair is looking in front of her with eyes wide open. She wears orange jacket and she covers her head in its hood. Her face is determined with a little smile. Above her head we can find lying 8 sign in pink color. In front of her lies comfortably little rusty-white hair cat with great attention in his eyes, observing the object (that we can´t see). Behind the girl and cat, there is a tree, little fence and house showing its 4 windows. The ground under can is green grass, behind it is blue and next to the house it is almost black.

Awkrin

21 ways;my turn

Step one: Rider-Waite-Smith, I drew, The Sun, Page of Wands, The Lovers.

All good cards, I choose The Lovers, because I never really explored this card.

The card has a sun at the top, followed by a god of some sorts. The women has a fruit tree behind her, like the tail in The Devil card. The man has a tree with fire on the branches, again, like The Devil.

zhadee

Ten of Cups

Step one: I drew Justice - Knight of Swords - 10 of Cups

all good cards, but I never really saw anything in the 10 of cups.

zhadee picked the Ten of Cups from the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg