Hermit as challenge and 3 of swords as outcome?

Blessed

Hello again, Knight!

I mentioned the 8 of swords specifically, because it expresses so strongly that feeling of being trapped and isolated. I used to have this card popping up quite often while being in the emotional phase I mentioned, so I was trying to make sense of it.
I found in several sources that this card often represents a situation we have put ourselves in and they described the image as "the woman's bonds being loose enough for her to be able to shed them, if she'd like".
I still can't say if this detail is correct in general context, but if someone else was responsible for the woman's predicament, there would be something in the tarot imagery hinting that.
The way she appears, solely her figure, makes me believe this interpretation is sound.
And in my case, it always hit spot on, whenever it came up I was a prisoner of myself and the "head-trips" I succumbed me to...

You see, I'm quite experienced with head-trips, too! :)
Generally, I tend to be grounded and logical, but when it comes to matters that hit a nerve or deep insecurities, I tend to slip to the worst case scenario and drama. It remains purely intellectual, and hidden from anyone else, everyone thinks I'm fine, but I end up being a virtual self-cutter of the emotional plain.

Another red-flag card of the same aspect, would be the Devil. In my case, it always appeared when I was in this kind of mindset, or in a self-sabotaging frenzy, because of negative thinking and lack of self-esteem. But generally, it was prominent whenever I acted or thought in a way that didn't benefit me and made me my self's worst enemy.

Regarding what you said about not knowing how to feel strong emotions: I don't think you are hollow.
One cannot "know how" to feel - it's not a cognitive or voluntary procedure. We can't even choose to feel something - we can only choose to put ourselves in specific mindsets (at least, in my opinion) and then, it is either forced, or it just becomes a habit.
No. Emotions just hit you right out of the blue. And there are no rules. It doesn't mean that your psyche and being will or should respond to everything.
In my case, it took the miraculous birth of my fantastic baby nephew and a man I'd never thought I'd fall for, in order to feel again. Before those came up, I was just focusing on everyday, tangible matters, work therapy, some self-pampering etc. I sometimes felt like a Tin Woman, but I just let it slide and moved on.

I hope these details help. Sorry if I spoke about me too much, I just think it's useful to exchange experiences with people who have been through similar situations and since I've been through this, I'd love to help in anyway I can.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hello again, Knight!

I mentioned the 8 of swords specifically, because it expresses so strongly that feeling of being trapped and isolated. I used to have this card popping up quite often while being in the emotional phase I mentioned, so I was trying to make sense of it.
I found in several sources that this card often represents a situation we have put ourselves in and they described the image as "the woman's bonds being loose enough for her to be able to shed them, if she'd like".
I still can't say if this detail is correct in general context, but if someone else was responsible for the woman's predicament, there would be something in the tarot imagery hinting that.
The way she appears, solely her figure, makes me believe this interpretation is sound.
And in my case, it always hit spot on, whenever it came up I was a prisoner of myself and the "head-trips" I succumbed me to...

You see, I'm quite experienced with head-trips, too! :)
Generally, I tend to be grounded and logical, but when it comes to matters that hit a nerve or deep insecurities, I tend to slip to the worst case scenario and drama. It remains purely intellectual, and hidden from anyone else, everyone thinks I'm fine, but I end up being a virtual self-cutter of the emotional plain.

Another red-flag card of the same aspect, would be the Devil. In my case, it always appeared when I was in this kind of mindset, or in a self-sabotaging frenzy, because of negative thinking and lack of self-esteem. But generally, it was prominent whenever I acted or thought in a way that didn't benefit me and made me my self's worst enemy.

Regarding what you said about not knowing how to feel strong emotions: I don't think you are hollow.
One cannot "know how" to feel - it's not a cognitive or voluntary procedure. We can't even choose to feel something - we can only choose to put ourselves in specific mindsets (at least, in my opinion) and then, it is either forced, or it just becomes a habit.
No. Emotions just hit you right out of the blue. And there are no rules. It doesn't mean that your psyche and being will or should respond to everything.
In my case, it took the miraculous birth of my fantastic baby nephew and a man I'd never thought I'd fall for, in order to feel again. Before those came up, I was just focusing on everyday, tangible matters, work therapy, some self-pampering etc. I sometimes felt like a Tin Woman, but I just let it slide and moved on.

I hope these details help. Sorry if I spoke about me too much, I just think it's useful to exchange experiences with people who have been through similar situations and since I've been through this, I'd love to help in anyway I can.

Don't apologize at all! This was all so helpful. It really helped me understand The Hermit in this position. At first I was more worried about the 3 of Swords, but something you said really stuck out to me. I really think my isolation will lead to heartache. It already has, unfortunately. I have a hard time feeling things and I think this relates to my isolation. I isolate myself so I WON'T feel any intense emotions and that's causing a problem for me. I say that I want to feel things but I guess, deep down, I'm afraid to. So I unconsciously run away.

We're very alike! Thank you for posting your experience! I like it when people do that because it makes it easier to understand.

You've all been a big help. :)