The World as "outcome."

Ruby Jewel

I don't think I have read The Prisoner of Chillon previously; however, I see here that his bondage became comfortable to him in the end.

My very chains and I grew friends,
So much a long communion tends
To make us what we are:—even I
Regain'd my freedom with a sigh.

I certainly empathize with this prisoner as well as with poor antihero J. Alfred Prufrock who does not think the mythic mermaids will sing to him.

As I grow older, motivation and dreams are so precious and easy to lose...so I won't take your charge lightly, Ruby!

As I recall, one of the reasons for his "sigh" was having to leave all the small critters in his cell who had become his friends....such as mice, spiders..

My advice to Mister Prufrock would be to learn to dream. My next adventure will be to take my gypsy vardo on the road with my 4 cats and my oil paints, and my tarot and Lenormand, of course...maybe make a little jewelry to sell as well. Recently got the truck to haul it, so, little by little, I work toward my dream....as one must.

wheelie

As I recall, one of the reasons for his "sigh" was having to leave all the small critters in his cell who had become his friends....such as mice, spiders..

My advice to Mister Prufrock would be to learn to dream. My next adventure will be to take my gypsy vardo on the road with my 4 cats and my oil paints, and my tarot and Lenormand, of course...maybe make a little jewelry to sell as well. Recently got the truck to haul it, so, little by little, I work toward my dream....as one must.

Yes, I guess the cards don't magically mean the dream is coming.

I like your dream, Ruby. You have all of my good thoughts!

Ruby Jewel

Yes, I guess the cards don't magically mean the dream is coming.

I like your dream, Ruby. You have all of my good thoughts!

Actually, getting one's dreams to materialize is hard work, but drawing the World card is a good indication the dream could come true. I taught painting and drawing as a student working on my MFA, and I used to start my painting classes in the dark...just part of my "dream" curriculum (laugh), but the students loved it. I'm finishing up another dream...100 pages into Chapter 30 of my novel with the moon as 3rd person omniscient narrator. It's the last chapter...then I start edits. If you like, I'll send you a copy when it's published...that is if it doesn't become a film instead...which is what it needs to be. There are several sessions with the tarot reader in the West Village, NYC.....you might find fun. Thanks for your good thoughts....and I hope your fall semester is a big success....I loved teaching, but decided to focus on painting instead....just one of the cliffs I jumped off of right into Manhattan in the 80s and 90s.

wheelie

I would love to read your book, Ruby. The Moon sounds like an interesting narrator. And I'm sure the tarot reader in West Village is fun!

I didn't think of a dream being something artistic...can't imagine why I didn't think of that in my percolating...

Here's the full spread in "Your Readings", which might explain my slow percolating...

Ruby Jewel

I would love to read your book, Ruby. The Moon sounds like an interesting narrator. And I'm sure the tarot reader in West Village is fun!

I didn't think of a dream being something artistic...can't imagine why I didn't think of that in my percolating...

Here's the full spread in "Your Readings", which might explain my slow percolating...

You'll find my response to this in the "Your Readings" section.