Hellenistic Astrology

spiraling

I'll take a look. When did this period start? (as accurately as you can remember, month and year if possible but year will do)

It became esp. detrimental as I entered my teenage years. I practically escaped from 'real life' altogether via the computer. It's something I continue to struggle with, although I had dropped someone who was a major factor in my escapism.

I'll say... Late 2001. During winter break. Mid-December 2001.

It was wasted on a particular website, where I picked up two 'close' online friends for 4 or 5 years.

My recent stalker came off this site around 2004-05, also. For now, he's the 'icon' for my Venus/Pluto in Scorpio, 7th House, on the Descendant. I worried about what sort of person this signification would bring into my life, and it's been validated.

It's a chapter of my life I'm struggling to close, internally, and evidently, externally.

Ronia

It's simply a matter of checking the aspects from transiting planets at the time of the event/proposed event. Squares and Oppositions from Mars and Saturn would suggest threats (unless they are well placed or are the key significator you're checking). Trines and sextiles from Venus and Jupiter suggest opportunities.

In reality you might get a mixture of these, or trines/sextiles from Mars and Saturn and opposition/squares from Venus and Jupiter - which comes down to a risk of some sort, how risky depending on your over feeling from checking the aspects.

If you have geared up to a major event and everything is planned, it would have to be a very awful chart to make you change your mind.

As releasing periods can cover several days, you can check which day looks best for action.

OK, thanks, I just got a bit confused because it seems there are many planets involved and many aspects at any time.

I tried profection and till March 27th it's a Gemini month, ruler Mercury, turns direct in my 3rd house on March 17th, and since Gemini is my 6th house it should have been related to health, duties, serving. I'd say that till now it's been a month in which I didn't follow my usual exercise schedule, I felt lacking energy, it may be Saturn retrograde in Scorpio as I felt in a similar way when he started his Scoprio transit.

I was wondering about the overall year tone. It's an Aquarius year, Saturn rules and it's a 2nd house year, so focus is income, money, possessions, valuables. But Saturn is transiting Scorpio which happens to be my Sun sign so I think it puts double importance on Saturn. Transiting Scorpio he is in the sign of my MC, does it mean he emphasizes career as a source of income? Or does it mean he puts limitations on both of them? Traditionally Saturn is seen as malefic and thus not the best influence but what happens when he is the Asc ruler, he will trine both Mars and Moon from Scorpio, he is transiting 11th whole house which is traditionally seen as a house of good and even rewards (I remember it was called "buona fortuna"), he is sextiling Venus and the Ascendant himself... The only challenging aspect he makes from Scorpio is squaring himself. So, Saturn is in the sign of the Sun and the MC, trining the rulers of the 4, 11 and 7th, sextiling the ruler of the 5 and 10th, and the Asc. But he is squaring the ruler of the 2nd (himself). I also read that when in a 2nd profected house we should check the profections from the Sun and the MC to see our perspectives for career and gain and I find it interesting that in my case Saturn is namely conjunct the Sun and the MC in Scorpio.

I'll try profecting from Sun and MC too but I was wondering how do we know if it's going to be a good or not so good year with Saturn being the Lord and his reputation?

Ok, so for MC and Sun Morinus gives me Saggitarius. This should activate natal Jupiter, right? He is angular whole sign, so far so good. From your past analyses I recall he wasn't in exactly best shape and he is opposing Mercury in the 10th who rules the 9th... But he does trine Saturn by sign. Sagittarius is natal 12th house but as I wrote before, last Sagittarius period was not bad overall. Hm... Jupiter is making some important transits this year, currently applying for trines to Pars Fortunae and later with Mercury, after which he will sextile himself and square Venus (ruler of the 5th and 10th). When he enters Cancer he will conjunct Mars, then trine the Sun and later in the summer trine the MC.

I'm not sure what to make of it in terms of career (MC). Looks like while he is in Gemini he will activate natal Mercury with whom he is in opposition and more so, will square Venus who rules the 10th. It makes me think any positive development in terms of career will most probably happen after Jupiter leaves Gemini and moves to Cancer. Then he will have more favourable aspects... I think. But he will square himself. Ugh. In both cases, he will activate natal Mars as well (Jupiter veing in Aries and conjunct Mars in Cancer) and the MC itself is in Scorpio, so there is hope.

P.S. I don't see Profections in the Morinus I downloaded. :( Edit: I downloaded another version and Profections are present.

P.P.S. Interestingly, in 1988/1989 when I received an inheritance (which I didn't use but I still received it) I had the same configuration: Asc Aquarius, double Sagittarius for Mc and Sun. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other inheritance to get but I'll play the lottery. :D (of course, in 2000 when the same configuration appeared, I didn't get anything financially but I had a good job)

Ronia

Looks like I'm the only one playing with Aphesis. :D I keep trying. I released from Fortune and there is a Loose of Bond on the 27th of March. What is interesting is that it's a Full moon day namely in Libra thus close to the Lot itself. More so, the ruler of the house Venus will be conjunct the Sun thus opposing the Moon, houses 4/10. I assume active, due to the Time Lords, will be Saturn (aspected in the eigth in Leo by trine and sextile), Mars due to the Aries sign participation and he won't be too far from the lunation and applying for an opposition to the Lot of Fortune, Venus and Sun and Moon, of course. It will be interesting because 4/10 is an active filed right now. I hope whatever happens will be good as I'm not very sure of my current family situation, quite a few problems lately with my son and ex, and his relatives.

Minderwiz

I was wondering about the overall year tone. It's an Aquarius year, Saturn rules and it's a 2nd house year, so focus is income, money, possessions, valuables. But Saturn is transiting Scorpio which happens to be my Sun sign so I think it puts double importance on Saturn. Transiting Scorpio he is in the sign of my MC, does it mean he emphasizes career as a source of income? Or does it mean he puts limitations on both of them?

According to Schmidt, Saturn's basic nature is to exclude or reject. In a more modern approach Saturn is restriction, limitation, form, structure, organisation, analysis, teaching, order. The modern meanings have a clear connection to the earlier Helenistic meaning, which description we choose depends on the context and also the condition of Saturn in the chart.

Your natal Saturn is in Detriment, though as we've seen there are significant offsetting factors. In Scorpio, Saturn is (in later terms) Peregrine. He's a very dry planet in a moist sign. And he's Retrograde - so inclined to 'wobble' so it's not an easy period.

Yes your MC is in Scorpio, and certainly in the later Hellenistic Period this would connect career to topical house. So, at best you may be planning for employment (such as applying for jobs) or analysing the job market, but you may find that things don't easily work out, or there are restrictions or limitations of some form - the availability of jobs, or jobs in the right areas, or at the right pay scale.

For the early Hellenistic Period, I'm not sure whether we could directly make that connection with employment/profession. Saturn is in the eleventh Whole Sign House, which is the place of Good Spirit. This seems to be mainly concerned with friendships and alliances. It does seem to have a connection to action and doing, as it's the succedent house to the Culminating Pivot (the house of Action). So Yes there could well be a connection to trying to generate income from your own actions, possibly in alliance with others. or through seeking out a sponsor, patron, It's a fortunate place, so there should not be bad things happening, but given Saturn the good things will be limited.

Ronia said:
Traditionally Saturn is seen as malefic and thus not the best influence but what happens when he is the Asc ruler, he will trine both Mars and Moon from Scorpio, he is transiting 11th whole house which is traditionally seen as a house of good and even rewards (I remember it was called "buona fortuna"), he is sextiling Venus and the Ascendant himself... The only challenging aspect he makes from Scorpio is squaring himself. So, Saturn is in the sign of the Sun and the MC, trining the rulers of the 4, 11 and 7th, sextiling the ruler of the 5 and 10th, and the Asc. But he is squaring the ruler of the 2nd (himself). I also read that when in a 2nd profected house we should check the profections from the Sun and the MC to see our perspectives for career and gain and I find it interesting that in my case Saturn is namely conjunct the Sun and the MC in Scorpio.

The trine from the Moon and the sextiles from Venus will help - they are both generally benefic. I don't see the trine from Mars as a threat either, again in a later time this would be a something of a reception.

The square to natal Saturn will do no more than emphasise Saturn. No planet can afflict itself through transit.

The problem is Saturn's condition, which might well mean that things don't quite work out as expected or planned or that good things are reduced or you miss out on them.

Yes you can indeed profect from the Sun or MC for Career or public fame, and indeed that's just what Lilly did some 1400 years later.

Ronia said:
I'll try profecting from Sun and MC too but I was wondering how do we know if it's going to be a good or not so good year with Saturn being the Lord and his reputation?

Ok, so for MC and Sun Morinus gives me Saggitarius. This should activate natal Jupiter, right? He is angular whole sign, so far so good. From your past analyses I recall he wasn't in exactly best shape and he is opposing Mercury in the 10th who rules the 9th... But he does trine Saturn by sign. Sagittarius is natal 12th house but as I wrote before, last Sagittarius period was not bad overall. Hm... Jupiter is making some important transits this year, currently applying for trines to Pars Fortunae and later with Mercury, after which he will sextile himself and square Venus (ruler of the 5th and 10th). When he enters Cancer he will conjunct Mars, then trine the Sun and later in the summer trine the MC.

I'm not sure what to make of it in terms of career (MC). Looks like while he is in Gemini he will activate natal Mercury with whom he is in opposition and more so, will square Venus who rules the 10th. It makes me think any positive development in terms of career will most probably happen after Jupiter leaves Gemini and moves to Cancer. Then he will have more favourable aspects... I think. But he will square himself. Ugh. In both cases, he will activate natal Mars as well (Jupiter veing in Aries and conjunct Mars in Cancer) and the MC itself is in Scorpio, so there is hope.

If you're profecting from the MC, then Jupiter becomes Lord of the year, and Saturn is only relevant because he's transiting the MC Whole Sign House. The same would be the case if you profect from the Sun, as they are both in the same sign. You could also profect from the Culminating Pivot (Libra) and that would put the tenth House into Scorpio and Mars becomes Lord of the Year.

If you go with Jupiter, he's currently opposing his own Sign of Sagittarius (and your profected MC/Sun), which suggests some issues.

On 26th June he enters Cancer, on the same day that you have a Cancer month. It's the sign of his exaltation so the fact that he'd enter the Sun's beams is greatly mitigated - he's in his chariot (the covered protected sort) so he's not debilitated by it. That might be the start of something promising.

Ronia said:
P.S. I don't see Profections in the Morinus I downloaded. :( Edit: I downloaded another version and Profections are present.

Yes it's in the traditional version, not the 'full version'. It's worth having both versions, as they are free and you can do both traditional and modern stuff. Incidentally you can use the same directory to store your charts for both versions and open a chart you made in the the traditional version using the full version. The same goes for images you save.

Ronia said:
P.P.S. Interestingly, in 1988/1989 when I received an inheritance (which I didn't use but I still received it) I had the same configuration: Asc Aquarius, double Sagittarius for Mc and Sun. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other inheritance to get but I'll play the lottery. :D (of course, in 2000 when the same configuration appeared, I didn't get anything financially but I had a good job)

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :D

Minderwiz

Looks like I'm the only one playing with Aphesis. :D I keep trying. I released from Fortune and there is a Loose of Bond on the 27th of March. What is interesting is that it's a Full moon day namely in Libra thus close to the Lot itself. More so, the ruler of the house Venus will be conjunct the Sun thus opposing the Moon, houses 4/10. I assume active, due to the Time Lords, will be Saturn (aspected in the eigth in Leo by trine and sextile), Mars due to the Aries sign participation and he won't be too far from the lunation and applying for an opposition to the Lot of Fortune, Venus and Sun and Moon, of course. It will be interesting because 4/10 is an active filed right now. I hope whatever happens will be good as I'm not very sure of my current family situation, quite a few problems lately with my son and ex, and his relatives.

Yes, you seem to be the only one that's looking at it :D

And when the Loosing of the Bond occurs at 21:57 the Moon will be about to oppose transiting Mars. Don't forget that the L4 period lasts till the 5th April and the L3 to 15 April, so don't be disappointed if nothing happens on the day.

Minderwiz

It became esp. detrimental as I entered my teenage years. I practically escaped from 'real life' altogether via the computer. It's something I continue to struggle with, although I had dropped someone who was a major factor in my escapism.

I'll say... Late 2001. During winter break. Mid-December 2001.

It was wasted on a particular website, where I picked up two 'close' online friends for 4 or 5 years.

My recent stalker came off this site around 2004-05, also. For now, he's the 'icon' for my Venus/Pluto in Scorpio, 7th House, on the Descendant. I worried about what sort of person this signification would bring into my life, and it's been validated.

It's a chapter of my life I'm struggling to close, internally, and evidently, externally.

Thanks for the dates, I'll take a look and see what I can discover.

kalliope

Hi Ronia, I've played around with Aphesis a little just to know that it works, but I haven't had time to analyze or think about what any of the reported time periods would mean for me.

Minderwiz,

I'm not sure what subject area I should have you focus on for Stage 4, especially to make it useful for "calibration" purposes. The only things related to life calling/career that I could track would be jobs (which haven't been meaningful or life calling related), or the dates for when I left college and then finally graduated years later. I haven't had any major health issues to track (thankfully). I've only moved cities once, and it was for my husband's job.

The things I remember best as a timeline, and that have affected me the most, have been relationships over the years. I'm actually going through a long transiting Uranus trine to my Venus now, as well as transiting Jupiter opposing Venus, and think I'm definitely feeling those a lot. It would be interesting to see if I'd also recognize the Stage 4 time periods as significant.

I think I also still owe you a few comments from your last reponse to me, too. It's on my to-do list, I haven't forgotten, sorry!

Ronia

Yes, you seem to be the only one that's looking at it :D

And when the Loosing of the Bond occurs at 21:57 the Moon will be about to oppose transiting Mars. Don't forget that the L4 period lasts till the 5th April and the L3 to 15 April, so don't be disappointed if nothing happens on the day.

Yes, and there will be another Loose of Bond as Taurus L4 will be replaced by Leo L4 (together with Leo L3).

kalliope, at this point I'm only guessing and, unfortunately, can only wait and decipher post factum. I haven't got enough events in the past to give me enough evidence for predicting. each time there are some transits supporting the Time Lords but since there are usually many planets involved, it's a bit unreliable, in my opinion. there will always be at least one transit to support.

Ronia

The trine from the Moon and the sextiles from Venus will help - they are both generally benefic. I don't see the trine from Mars as a threat either, again in a later time this would be a something of a reception.

Thanks, this sounds a bit better.

The square to natal Saturn will do no more than emphasise Saturn. No planet can afflict itself through transit.

This is also good as it means Jupiter won't afflict himself from Cancer.

The problem is Saturn's condition, which might well mean that things don't quite work out as expected or planned or that good things are reduced or you miss out on them.

This is not good. I somehow thought that being my Ascendant ruler Saturn won't be so damaging. Until now he hasn't really been bad. He has required responsibility and discipline but he has given big rewards too.

If you're profecting from the MC, then Jupiter becomes Lord of the year, and Saturn is only relevant because he's transiting the MC Whole Sign House. The same would be the case if you profect from the Sun, as they are both in the same sign. You could also profect from the Culminating Pivot (Libra) and that would put the tenth House into Scorpio and Mars becomes Lord of the Year.

If you go with Jupiter, he's currently opposing his own Sign of Sagittarius (and your profected MC/Sun), which suggests some issues.

Well, as you know, the issues have been there for at least 3 years now, so it doesn't look like Jupiter was the reason. Looks like Saturn may be, as a Time Lord. Which is contradictory to his past rewards namely in career... I don't get it.

On 26th June he enters Cancer, on the same day that you have a Cancer month. It's the sign of his exaltation so the fact that he'd enter the Sun's beams is greatly mitigated - he's in his chariot (the covered protected sort) so he's not debilitated by it. That might be the start of something promising.

I very much hope so... I won't be mad if he brings me Mr.K. instead of a career either. :D Especially given my last horary with Jupiter approaching the Ascendant in approximately 3 degrees which may be 3 months, after all. :D

Minderwiz

This is not good. I somehow thought that being my Ascendant ruler Saturn won't be so damaging. Until now he hasn't really been bad. He has required responsibility and discipline but he has given big rewards too.

Minderwiz said:
It's a fortunate place, so there should not be bad things happening, but given Saturn the good things will be limited.

I don't see it as 'damaging', more a restriction or limit to the amount of 'good' that you will get from a transit of a good place by Saturn Rx. The overall effect should be beneficial, especially as there are no bad aspects but by it's nature Saturn will not shower you with success without that 'responsibility and discipline' and even then I don't see him doing it when he's retrograde (I hope I'm wrong).

Ronia said:
Well, as you know, the issues have been there for at least 3 years now, so it doesn't look like Jupiter was the reason. Looks like Saturn may be, as a Time Lord. Which is contradictory to his past rewards namely in career... I don't get it.

I must admit I can't see a 'fit' for the time period. I'll keep looking though and at other methods.