Tarot of the Zirkus Mägi

Freder

Cardstock

Hi all;

Thanks again for all the kind words, it really picks me up.

I suppose that I could shop around some more to find someone who could do a different stock and finish; but with the people I plan on using at the moment, the people who did the Majors dack (who have the twin virtues of being local and close to me and also do excellent work) we tried several things and what we ended up doing with the majors worked out the all-around best.

I, too, like them better without the glass (which also darkens the designs), but the unglossed deck that I got as a sample simply does not hold up to use.

Should I be looking at other printers? The Kickstarter that's running now is based on my current arrangement with JS McCarthy....

DT

trzes

I just pulled out my majors only version of the deck. It doesn't look all THAT glossy after all. If the full deck will be in the same kind of cardstock then this will be perfectly fine by me.

If I had a word I'd say "never change a winning team".

Freder

Another Thing

As long as I'm shamelessly promoting in this thread (sorry about that) I might as well mention my other deck: not a tarot but an oracle. It's potentially something that some people might find a tad bit controversial, but I assure you it was made with love.

http://golliwogg-oracle.blogspot.com

Game Crafter is handling the mfg. and sales -- I didn't want another project that had to be funded by Kickstarter, and the design of these cards plays to their strengths.

Thanks, all!

DT

Freder

Funded!

-- As I just posted in the Tarot Cards forum, the deck is funded and should go to press at the end of two weeks' time. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!

Mellaenn

That is awesome, congratulations! I am truly excited for you and now I can't wait for December. :)

Vanchica

Yay!

I am so excited- saw the deck on Facebook and am happy to read this thread! Congrats on a major achievement and an amazing design! I love it :)

danielnogo

That deck made my mouth water, that is such a sick deck, I am totally blown away at how awesome that looks.

Mellaenn

I received my deck yesterday and I adore it! It's really magical. There's is a lot of - hmmm, what is the word I want? Pathos. The artwork of each card manages to accentuate in a subtle but clear way the intention and emotion of the meaning of each card through nuance and demeanor of the figures in the cards. But you sense a story behind each scene that is somehow beyond the normal realm of tarot; yet it is tarot.

The cards are largish but not too big for normal shuffling. There are no borders and having trimmed a deck or two that had not been enhanced in any way by borders, this is a joy. The cards are sturdy without being so thick that they handle like beer coasters.

I've not had a chance to read with it yet but I will be doing that soon.

I am now hooked on all things Duck Soup. :thumbsup: Bravo for the Ringmaster!

Freder

Thank you, thank you! You make me smile. This is not an easy thing. Thank you so much.