gematria ?

Halloween

I guess gematria could fall under this topic not sure.

Can someone please explain gematria to me ? I have a friend who is very into this but I'm a little shy to ask him about it. I don't really understand the significance of how one word and another word can be related due to how they add up numerologically - speaking. For example if one word adds up to 515 and another adds up to 515, how is 515 important ? And I'm using 515 as a random example I don't know if 515 is an important number. But how does one know if a number is relevant ?

Richard

I use gematria only in connection with the Hebrew (and occasionally Greek) language. When two words have the same numerical value, it suggests that there may be a deeper connection between the words. However, it may not be possible to find the connection, and some people believe that gematria is only a device to stimulate the intuition to find a correlation between two seemingly unrelated words.

If you ask someone why they use gematria, they should be pleased rather than offended, and may show you specific examples of how it works.

Melia

Hi, I use gematria but only with the english language. Letter values used are a= 1, b = 2, c = 3, j = 10, k = 11 etc. I use it along with astrology to help confirm past life matches.

Prior to being born, I believe, we choose our name (and birth date), so the essence (vibration) of our soul’s previous experiences is reflected in our names and birth dates. Two numbers that are the same vibrate at the same level (e.g. if a word totals 515 and your birth date falls on the 5. 15, then they have the same vibratory tone ... or if your name totals 95 and you were born on the 95th day of the year, then likewise).

Vibration is expressed by number which in turn is conveyed in geometric ratios which determine colour and light, sound and physical form. So, taking something back to its number, takes you back to its core essence (i.e. vibration). It's a way of helping to recognise that 2 things, which appear relatively different or disassociated, are in fact connected (i.e. same vibration).

Halloween

Thanks LR for your response and thank you too Melia for that explanation. It was very clear and helped me to understand better thank you!