Tarot Resom

Debra

So glad to see you back :) and I'm a big fan of the Mosers--this looks wonderful.

blue_fusion

@Rota - Thanks much! Any new decks forthcoming from you?

@ Truelight - Oh yes, I'm definitely going to start working on that after this current project (and a mini-marseilles in the works oops! revealed too much already lol).

@drwitz - Here's a link to AT's page on the Vanessa Tarot: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vanessa/ There's also links to my other decks on the AT database when you scroll down to the Creator section. :)

@Debra - Thanks! Love their work too. One of my favourites is Ditha Moser's very geometric, almost-abstract playing card images (those red and black ones).

I finally finished 2 cards over the weekend! I've resolved to work through them numerically, so the next card in the process of being coloured is the High Priestess.

For the Fool, compare with:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kolo_Moser_-_Bilderbuch4_-_1904.jpeg and http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kolo_Moser_-_Bilderbuch9_-_1904.jpeg

For the Magician, compare with: http://playingcardcollector.files.w...ugendstil_art_nouveau_playing_cards_joker.jpg

Not all the cards have these "points of comparison", though.

Attachments

• Resom 0 and 1.jpg
    Resom 0 and 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 239

blue_fusion

Back Designs

Here are six variants of the card back design. I chose to draw an owl since they appear here and there in Secessionist art.

I'm torn between having a colored back design or just a plain single color design, as well as between whether to do it borderless or with a black or white border.

Which of the six do you guys think would be the most effective back design?

Attachments

• Resom Back Variations.jpg
    Resom Back Variations.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 211

blue_fusion

Tarot Resom Cards 0 - V

Here are cards 0 - V. The Empress is inspired by a bookplate by one of the Mosers, the Emperor by a calender image done by Ditha Moser, and the Hierophant by a stained glass window designed by Kolo Moser for a sanatorium's church.

Left the text areas blank since I still can't seem to get the right look I want for the text (I'm going for something Wiener Werkstaette).

Attachments

• Resom 0 thru 5.jpg
    Resom 0 thru 5.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 249

PathWalker

Here are six variants of the card back design. I chose to draw an owl since they appear here and there in Secessionist art.

I'm torn between having a colored back design or just a plain single color design, as well as between whether to do it borderless or with a black or white border.

Which of the six do you guys think would be the most effective back design?

The central owls - on the the top row :)

auntie

Beautiful! I would love a chance to buy one. May I suggest you check out printerstudio? I'm not associated with them in any way, I just prefer their quality myself (linen cardstock) and several card makers have told me that they prefer working with them to working with gamecrafter. And, I always prefer borderless!

Debra

These are wonderful, Ly.

I really don't like the black borders--they don't enhance the artwork, which is already "enclosed" enough. White borders give some breathing room :heart:

Ps: with the cards a riot of color, I favor the simpler single color back, borderless for ease of printing. I wonder about something even simpler, so there's a cleaner distinction between front and back.

drwitz

And here is a vote for the borderless colored back. I prefer the color to extend to the edge and I think a color back complements your aesthetic better (based on the cards so far).

Lil Red

Oh my goodness they are gorgeous! :heart:
I definitely need to save up money!!

frejasphere

And here is a vote for the borderless colored back. I prefer the color to extend to the edge and I think a color back complements your aesthetic better (based on the cards so far).

I agree :) Though I quite like the one below as well, (borderless) as I think it destinguishes front from back of card...