Hagall Spread For Spiritual Querents

ORTaurean

I use Rachel Pollack's Hagall Spread (developed for the Haindl deck) when I'm working with a querent who has a more spiritual nature. I've also modified it for a simplistic cross and yet more involved than a three card spread. With this deck, you get a lot with even one card!

Hagall: This spread asks you to separate the deck into its three sections: Major, Minor, Court.

*5**6**7*___Major
****1****
*2*****3*
****4****___Minor
*8**9**10___Court (Always right side up)

For most - this section probably feels like a normal reading. You may find that the background and current situation drive the believe or that it's just the other way around!
1. Current
2. Background
3. Belief
4. Potential Outcome

I interpret "spiritual" here as the internal lessons we learn as we grow from life's challenges. Metamorphosis is that change that occurs as we grow.
5. Spiritual History
6. Spiritual Task
7. Metamorphosis

I've found that sometimes these are indeed archetypes, gut they've also occasionally been real people the querent knew during a reading. This section does not utilize reversals, the court cards are always face up in the layout, even of you draw them reversed.
8. Teacher
9. Querent
10. Helper

Also interesting to note that this spread goes further when you look at the cards in vertical alignment. For me the columns add/inform the reading in the following way:

Col1 = Past
Col2 = Present
Col3 = What's to come

My modification as a four card spread uses 1-4 of the layout and I don't separate the deck into sections.