A Dreamembered Spread

Argenta

This is a spread that I dreamt about, and remembered upon waking up this morning.
It might need a bit of polishing up, since I don't usually work with such large spreads -- my all-time favorites are three-card and French Cross (4-5 cards).
I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet, so any feedback is more than welcome!

Reading it horizontally:

1 -- the querent (as they are)
2, 3 -- influence of relationships with others (read together)
4, 5, 6 -- past-present-future, the development of situation, manifesting
7 -- the drive, the basis for action
8 -- advice for action
9 -- what should be considered when acting
10 -- outcome, finalization, realization

Reading it vertically:

1, 2, 4, 7 -- "because the querent / has dealt with other people / in acertain way in the past / his or her consequential starting point is..."
3, 5, 8 -- "what has caused / the present action / should be dealt with in this way..."
6, 9 -- "the choices for the future / should be made bearing in mind..."

(The slashes divide the meaning of each card from the others in the same row.)

-- Edited in an attempt to change topic tile --

Amanda

Nice! :thumbsup: Worked pretty well for me!

Polyhymnia

This looks like a really great spread. I look forward to a quiet moment to try it out :)

MandMaud

How cool of your unconscious to come up with something like this.

I had a go using the Gilded Tarot and this spread produced the first meaningful reading I've managed with that deck (we're still getting used to each other). :) More or less meaningful to me, anyway – still not sure how to take the 10 of Pentacles in position 7. But most of it made sense.

Is it just named The Dreamembered Spread or would you give it another name?

Argenta

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! :)

In answer to MandMaud, I just called it that, as it is a name I give to anything "useful" I remember from my dreams, eg. stories, advice, games (yes, I have vivid dreams!) They are all my "dreamembrances".

If there are any suggestions for a more descriptive name, I'm all for it.
Something like Argenta's Ten-Card General Spread?
Or, less egotistic, the Ten Steps Spread (it reminds me of a staircase somehow)?

I've just had a query from a friend, so I'll try this myself tonight and see how it goes.

MandMaud

I had another try with it today, with the Universal Waite which I know better, and I'm really going to like this spread... :)

If there are any suggestions for a more descriptive name, I'm all for it.
Something like Argenta's Ten-Card General Spread?
Or, less egotistic, the Ten Steps Spread (it reminds me of a staircase somehow)?

How about simply Argenta's Staircase Spread?

This one is about action, isn't it, not one to use for just how the next week's going to be or that general kind of thing. A staircase leads you somewhere; this spread leads you somewhere – or shows you where you're taking yourself. I do like Ten Steps, too.

Argenta

Yes, I think you're right, the Staircase Spread sounds well -- I think I'll drop my name, though, I'm too shy to have it there :) And, anyway, I don't really feel it's my spread as I received it in dreams and very little is of my own making.

Btw, I've tried it yesterday with the friend, and was amazed at the amount of information!

The accuracy was very high, too, according to him, and I even figured it can be read diagonally: cards 1, 3, 6, 10 as the outer manifestations or goals, cards 2, 5, 9 as the inner situation, and the remanining ones (4, 7, 8 -- in a triangle) as some sort of a basis. Also, in this particual reading at least, card 5 seemed to be the axis around which all others revolved.

Will definitely be trying it out some more.

Argenta

PS: How do I change topic title?

MandMaud

I've tried it yesterday with the friend, and was amazed at the amount of information!

The accuracy was very high, too, according to him

I think you should say a loud Thank You to your unconscious. :) Maybe buy it a cake.

, and I even figured it can be read diagonally: cards 1, 3, 6, 10 as the outer manifestations or goals, cards 2, 5, 9 as the inner situation, and the remanining ones (4, 7, 8 -- in a triangle) as some sort of a basis. Also, in this particual reading at least, card 5 seemed to be the axis around which all others revolved.

That is fantastic! I must lay out the cards I got and read them that way too.

I wonder if there is anything written about this kind of Tarot 'geometry', how positions relate and interact and mean things.

And yes, with mine I found card 5 was central, the hub. Am I being too open if I mention that 5 was the Queen of Swords and 8 was the Three of Swords? ... I'm taking 'advice for action' to mean 'the action you should take', at least that's how I did it.

Re the title, I have no idea, I've never started a thread - maybe editing your first post would work?

mm

Argenta

Didn't work :/
I'm off to ask somewhere in the "Help!" section :D