The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

MoonGypsy

:love: I really like the bright colors of the fish and the ocean plants! :love: For the Shabby Chic, I think that the background seen through the water gives a light touch of it.

Now thinking about the meaning of the card, I would have loved to see something reminding it like a nice old tresor box, opened so you can see the gold coins, jewels, pearls and the fish swimming around and even some coming out of it....What do you think?;)

Lady Z, did you mean Treasure box or treasure chest? i can really picture that! Sounds very cool and would add a lot more Shabby Chic feeling to the card. i wonder what our hard working Lyn will think about it....:eek: :love:

tarotlyn

Wow those fish are really colorful! :D i like! :* Not positive if they fit Shabby Chic, though....i need to think about it....:love: But i really do like the image...
:heart: i need to think more on this card, too , sis :bugeyed: ... i can't put my finger on it,
but i feel like the 'fish' card in Lenormand is VERY important to this deck...
...this one may take awhile...

i really want to go more with a fishbowl idea...or aquarium...but have you ever seen a
'shabby chic' fish aquarium or bowl?... maybe i will work on that idea...

The first fish card is good, but maybe the look is too 'common?' ...i will have to toy with this :laugh:

:love: I really like the bright colors of the fish and the ocean plants! :love: For the Shabby Chic, I think that the background seen through the water gives a light touch of it.

Now thinking about the meaning of the card, I would have loved to see something reminding it like a nice old treasure box, opened so you can see the gold coins, jewels, pearls and the fish swimming around and even some coming out of it....What do you think?;)
:heart: hmmmm LadyZela, this is an interesting idea too! i can picture that one :)

Let me see what i can come up with...

Lady, Z, did you mean Treasure box or treasure chest? i can really picture that! Sounds very cool and would add a lot more Shabby Chic feeling to the card. i wonder what our hard working Lyn will think about it....:eek: :love:
:heart: Sis, maybe you both are onto something great! This might work for me!

...i have a feeling there will be about 4 versions of this card, before i get to the perfect card!

Thank you :love: BOTH so much! ...'together' we can conquer the Lenormand Shabby Chic style :laugh:

:heart: Lyn

oh, here is another version (with Jelly-fish...suggested by someone else)
What about this one?... i think i prefer regular 'fish' though...

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH A FINISHED CARD THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 34.FISH.2.jpg
    34.FISH.2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 190

MoonGypsy

i personally LOVE the jellies--they are so magical--but maybe most folks won't be able to relate to them as Fish. darn, i do like them!!! They are so naturally pink and lacy! :D

i love the treasure chest idea...real excited about that! [my other idea was about crystal fish bowl with gold fish on a shabby chic lace covered table, etc.]

But i am tending towards the underwater treasure chest idea....

LadyZelda

i personally LOVE the jellies--they are so magical--but maybe most folks won't be able to relate to them as Fish. darn, i do like them!!! They are so naturally pink and lacy! :D

i love the treasure chest idea...real excited about that! [my other idea was about crystal fish bowl with gold fish on a shabby chic lace covered table, etc.]

Yeah, that was what I meant! a "treasure chest" sorry about that, my brain wasn't working right! LOL Exactly, the ones that pirates would go for....;)

But I have to say that I really :love: your idea of a crystal fish bowl and yes, in that case gold fish would be perfect! and then, the Shabby chic would be easily incorporated! In a way, this might work even better with the Shabby chic and would probably harmonize even more with the other cards that Lyn has created so far...

Though, I do have a weakness for those old treasure chests;) I guess we would have to see both before we can know really which one would work best with the rest of the deck.

...Thank you :love: BOTH so much! ...'together' we can conquer the Lenormand Shabby Chic style :laugh:

Yeah, that's the spirit!!!

Personally, I like the jelly fish but they don't inspire me as the Lenormand Fish Card, thus my vote goes for the regular fish!

You know Lyn, since you have started that deck, I can't help but checking my emails hoping to see that more has been posted on this thread!:love: :D

tarotlyn

:heart: Sis, thank you for the ideas today...and sorry i wasn't on here much today because
of some other tasks...and because of ALL the fish cards i made today!!! LOL:laugh:...You can see them below...
..also, i will be putting in the Jelly-fish card into the deck as an extra (for my sis :heart:)
Thanks sis :heart:

Yeah, that was what I meant! a "treasure chest" sorry about that, my brain wasn't working right! LOL Exactly, the ones that pirates would go for....;)

But I have to say that I really :love: your idea of a crystal fish bowl and yes, in that case gold fish would be perfect! and then, the Shabby chic would be easily incorporated! In a way, this might work even better with the Shabby chic and would probably harmonize even more with the other cards that Lyn has created so far...

Though, I do have a weakness for those old treasure chests;) I guess we would have to see both before we can know really which one would work best with the rest of the deck.

Yeah, that's the spirit!!!

Personally, I like the jelly fish but they don't inspire me as the Lenormand Fish Card, thus my vote goes for the regular fish!

You know Lyn, since you have started that deck, I can't help but checking my emails hoping to see that more has been posted on this thread!:love: :D
:heart: LadyZelda, i did make up a card with the treasure chest, but it had to be a big
enough tank to accommodate it plus the fish, etc.

i also made up a few other types of fish bowl cards...so you can see them below and
hopefully we will come up with the best one for the deck?

i may have to post my fish card images in two separate threads, since i made so many
different versions today...

Here goes...i have numbered most of them i think...

Version 3 (this one has the treasure chest at the bottom) but needs some work with the
ornamentation on the top...too blurred...i would have to replace that...

Version 4 was a giant clear teacup and i took off the handle...the cup has to be big in order
to show up the fish large enough

Version 5 is a 'fish shaped' bowl...i see i need to fix the border, etc...but you can get the idea...

Version 6 is a nice goldfish bowl...i can make it smaller if it is too big...plus i also need to
fix the border as well on this one...

Version 7 is actually that big and stands in the middle of the room...i've seen these, they
are much taller than i am... (just was trying something different :p :laugh: )
(the treasure chest is in this one too) it needs shading, a lot of other fixing...

I will repost the 1st two versions in my next post...so you can compare...

:heart: Lyn

ETA...REPLACED THESE IMAGES WITH ALL THE FINISHED FISH CARDS THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 34.FISH.7.FINAL.jpg
    34.FISH.7.FINAL.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 34.FISH.2.jpg
    34.FISH.2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 34.FISH.5.lz.jpg
    34.FISH.5.lz.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 149

tarotlyn

SORRY...DUPLICATE POST... :heart:

MoonGypsy

My goodness, you have been busy, sis! :love: And i love your latest Fish cards sooo much, that it is going to be difficult to decide which one i like the very best!

hmmmmm....

Okay, this one is my first choice:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57404&d=1339310735

i like the green fish bowl, [a bit smaller]it real shows up the gold fish nicely...

However, this one is fascinating:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57406d=1339311026

The pic looks a wee bit distorted to me, though...kind of squished, if you know what i mean...
i think maybe the scale is a bit off...
Very, very interesting, though! :heart:

garmonbozia

i also made up a few other types of fish bowl cards...so you can see them below and
hopefully we will come up with the best one for the deck?

I like Version 4 the best, or version 6 as well. I think these two fit better into your theme.
I think I prefer #4 since it has bigger fish.

MoonGypsy

I like Version 4 the best, or version 6 as well. I think these two fit better into your theme.
I think I prefer #4 since it has bigger fish.

She can probably make the fish bigger in #6 also.[but remember, they are gold fish!] [and/or make the bowl smaller]. i LOVE that green bowl! :D Very Shabby Chic...IMHO. It has character. :love:

The big clear bowl, i don't care for as much..

LadyZelda

My Chocie For The Fish Card

Ok, that was a bit hard at first because no matter what, many are to my liking. Thus, I focused on being objective and on fixing my attention upon the fact that we are talking about a card for a Lenormand deck. I imagined myself actually reading the card....In the end, one of them conquered me, as being “The” perfect fish card, and in the same time Shabby Chic style… The one that inspired me the most was #5.

The only thing that I wish was a bit different, would be the size of the gold fish...I think that this card needs them bigger; so that they become the main attraction, knowing that they are "the card".

I used to have 2 gold fish and boy, one of them grew real big! We had to buy a bigger aquarium! So I believe that the "fish shaped" bowl can easily contain at least one bigger gold fish. You would have room if you would put him more on the left, closer to the "tail" part of the bowl. You can put the 2nd fish somewhat bigger if possible. But, it would not be a problem if the 2 fish are of a different size; it was like that in real life for me...

:love: I just love the background of that card that is for me soooooo Shabby Chic and fits so perfect with the other cards you have made. It is for me the card that harmonizes the most with the style chosen for this version of the Lenormand.

I loved the #4 too, and in a way a simpler bowl might be more Shabby Chic, BUT....I surely have a weakness :love: for the fish shaped bowl :love: and as this is a Lenormand deck and on the top of that, the "Fish" Card; I think that emphasizing the theme of the card by having a "fish shaped" bowl would be perfect!

But that's me, I can't help it, even after pondering about it, I'm sold out to #5 thus I vote for #5!:D