Newbie's questions to lenormand readers

tarotlyn

interesting and illuminating! When one is learning about ANYTHING new, I think it's important to look at more than one source of information, whether it's lenormand or any other interest. As usual, this thread has moved around in ways I couldn't have envisioned and proved very helpful in ways I couldn't have imagined.
It's amazing the different perspectives that have been added and I am certainly grateful for all of them. I have found that even with "traditional" readers, often they combine various "schools" or systems, that there isn't just ONE stock absolute meaning for any card, that how one asked or phrases the question (as in tarot) is obviously important.
When I started, I had NO idea of how varied the ideas would be on lenormand. My first thoughts going into it was there was A system with possibly some variations. I knew very little about lenormand readers. Now I have found, thanks to all of you, about the richness and layers of lenormand and how many of you view it. I THANK ALL OF YOU for your posts and pms. I have gotten some GREAT links and enjoyed many, many youtube videos (and still am), listening to readers from all over about their take on the lenormand. It has helped me see how I SEE lenormand. I am not saying I just read the lenormand as any other oracle or discarded the idea of a system, but rather I have seemed to do what many readers, use their thoughts, mind encompassing aspects of many perspectives of what the lenormand system means. Listening to how others combine cards, their meanings, has allowed me to move forward at a quicker pace and understanding, but of course, I'm still and will always be learning through others and my own experience. SO THANKS AGAIN ALL who have added to my newfound knowledge, experience and perspectives about lenormand!

:heart::) ...and as you say: "It's ALL about the road trip, not the final destination." :thumbsup::)
:heart: Love you!
Lyn

greatdane

:)) thanks lyn!

And yes, I do live by that, it IS about the road trip, not the final destination. In this life, I don't even see a final destination, so the road trip goes on and on....:)) I am enjoying my lenormand learning curve and smiling when I see one reader view a card or a combination quite a bit differently than another. It is actually helping me form my own lenormand "camp". I don't think I am doing what others haven't...I'm combining various ideas from various systems. I'm just not calling it this school or that school, like some seem to (even though they ARE combining). I'm going to just say I look at all the traditions, schools and systems I can and then I come up with what works for me. It's my mind this all has to sift through and make sense, so don't we all have to be our own interpretators in one way or another? I now see Lenormand as a mix and match within a certain structure, but definitely...mix and match!

tarotlyn

And yes, I do live by that, it IS about the road trip, not the final destination. In this life, I don't even see a final destination, so the road trip goes on and on....:)) I am enjoying my lenormand learning curve and smiling when I see one reader view a card or a combination quite a bit differently than another. It is actually helping me form my own lenormand "camp". I don't think I am doing what others haven't...I'm combining various ideas from various systems. I'm just not calling it this school or that school, like some seem to (even though they ARE combining). I'm going to just say I look at all the traditions, schools and systems I can and then I come up with what works for me. It's my mind this all has to sift through and make sense, so don't we all have to be our own interpretators in one way or another? I now see Lenormand as a mix and match within a certain structure, but definitely...mix and match!

:heart::) Yes, exactly right spot on!!! I agree and maybe what :heart: you said above will help other newbies
get through some of the clouds that pop up when first learning to read these lovely cards!
:heart:
Lyn

Sar

I am late to the Lenormand Party and this thread, but I think I just stick with the Ranas book and a huge ledger for my own notes to learn Lenormand this first vinter/year with these cards. Too much information at once will just confuse me, and I don't want to burn bridges when accumulating a grip on the cards.