The Mission of Honor Spread (7)

MandMaud

I love the position names: the whisper... the beauty... You sound so mournfully "stuck" in where you are! And I suspect you're caught in a state of trying too hard. I'm not complaining if it produces spreads like this for us. }) O, anguished creativity.

I wonder if your difficulty with position 5 is because you can't envisage that for yourself, at the moment - thus it's not a clear concept in your mind. ???
"A motivational snapshot of the best you can become" is great wording, as long as that is what you mean by it. But 'epiphany' means 'A moment of sudden understanding or revelation' (credit to WordWeb) rather than a type of identity... which goes with key...

I'm going to have a go with this. i have a feeling it will work better with a fairly specific time-frame in mind, so I need to decide whether to focus on 2015, or just the next couple of months, or the rest of my life!

I have a feeling that after I've done my reading, I'll know whether position 5 is more key (something you finally "get"), or the best self thing (something you can or will be).

I have absolutely no right to be online at this time of day! Back later!

Amanda

I love the position names: the whisper... the beauty... You sound so mournfully "stuck" in where you are! And I suspect you're caught in a state of trying too hard. I'm not complaining if it produces spreads like this for us. }) O, anguished creativity.

:laugh: Well, thank you!
I suspect there would be a solemn undertone in just about anything creative I would do. Actually, when I was about 14, my writing teacher at the time assigned us poets to do reports on, saying he "matched" us to them.
My "match" according to him, was Emily Dickinson. :p

(Oh memories, now I wonder if I still even have that old journal I used to write in for class... I had a poem published when I was 11 in a children's poetry book; I know I have that book somewhere... the poem that was published was funnier, but still had an undertone of anguish even at age 11. :D)

I wonder if your difficulty with position 5 is because you can't envisage that for yourself, at the moment - thus it's not a clear concept in your mind. ???
"A motivational snapshot of the best you can become" is great wording, as long as that is what you mean by it. But 'epiphany' means 'A moment of sudden understanding or revelation' (credit to WordWeb) rather than a type of identity... which goes with key...

Probably. I tried very hard to not only keep each placement interconnected between one and the next, but to also keep them connected by mirroring. After "The Beauty" which is kind of like seeing what IS possible for you, it is that knowing what is possible that lands you The Epiphany. It is a stronger realization (actualization?) of how it becomes possible.

To make matters more complicated for me personally, I did not make the spread with the intention of dealing with elemental dignities, however, I had a load of earth/air cards conflicting with each other in my spread, so I'm still trying to work that out as well to see its significance. I'm thinking that the negative energies should be noted, but the focus should remain on the positive energies.

I'm going to have a go with this. i have a feeling it will work better with a fairly specific time-frame in mind, so I need to decide whether to focus on 2015, or just the next couple of months, or the rest of my life!

I have a feeling that after I've done my reading, I'll know whether position 5 is more key (something you finally "get"), or the best self thing (something you can or will be).

I have absolutely no right to be online at this time of day! Back later!

Yay! Let me know if you think it could be both also. :D

dancing_moon

Have just tried this spread. :bugeyed: :thumbsup: In my case, the Epiphany tied up nicely with the Whisper and showed more of what I need to understand/realize on the way forward. So it's like a realization of what the Whisper was talking about or a revelation that comes after applying the Whisper's advice. Something like that. :)

Thanks for sharing, that's an amazing spread!

Amanda

Have just tried this spread. :bugeyed: :thumbsup: In my case, the Epiphany tied up nicely with the Whisper and showed more of what I need to understand/realize on the way forward. So it's like a realization of what the Whisper was talking about or a revelation that comes after applying the Whisper's advice. Something like that. :)

Thanks for sharing, that's an amazing spread!

Thank you! :D I'm glad to see some preliminary successes for you and samantha.
I think my problem is trying to do my own reading. :laugh: It might just be my 'issue' coloring my own experience with the spread.

MandMaud

Me too, reading for myself leaves me pretty blank much of the time. At least 50% of the time.

when I was about 14, my writing teacher at the time assigned us poets to do reports on, saying he "matched" us to them.
My "match" according to him, was Emily Dickinson. :p
At least it wasn't Sylvia Plath! :laugh: (I'm a published poet, somewhere between GM Hopkins and ee cummings, if that tells you anything.)

the poem that was published was funnier, but still had an undertone of anguish even at age 11. :D)
I'd love to know if Scorpio, or Saturn, or your 8th or 10th house, is prominent in your chart. But we're getting off topic.

I tried very hard to not only keep each placement interconnected between one and the next, but to also keep them connected by mirroring.
I appreciate the structure in this spread much better now that i've used it. Well, tried to use it. Posted in Your Readings http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4173013#post4173013 because I'm not seeing my own situation very clearly! I'll add what you say about the knowing leading up to the epiphany:
After "The Beauty" which is kind of like seeing what IS possible for you, it is that knowing what is possible that lands you The Epiphany. It is a stronger realization (actualization?) of how it becomes possible.

To make matters more complicated for me personally, I did not make the spread with the intention of dealing with elemental dignities, however, I had a load of earth/air cards conflicting with each other in my spread, so I'm still trying to work that out as well to see its significance. I'm thinking that the negative energies should be noted, but the focus should remain on the positive energies.
My guess would be that you have various energies not so much fighting within you, as ignoring each other. One life, maybe "real life" or work, goes along as if the other, maybe spiritual or home, doesn't exist, and vice versa. Guessing. I just find earth and air cold to each other, they don't blend, but I don't understand them being actually hostile. As opposed to fire and water, but even with them there's a productive moment of lots of steam (which powers engines, after all) just before they actually touch... OK, I confess, I have read a lot about EDs but my way of "using" them is strictly NOT orthodox. :D

Yay! Let me know if you think it could be both also. :D
When or if I ever see what my Epiphany card is talking about, I'll let you know everything I can possibly think about it! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Amanda

I'd love to know if Scorpio, or Saturn, or your 8th or 10th house, is prominent in your chart. But we're getting off topic.

I don't know how to read this thing anymore; the one that is pre-written on this page seems about half right. LOL Amanda's Astrology Chart

I appreciate the structure in this spread much better now that i've used it. Well, tried to use it. Posted in Your Readings MM'S Reading because I'm not seeing my own situation very clearly! I'll add what you say about the knowing leading up to the epiphany:

M guess would be that you have various energies not so much fighting within you, as ignoring each other. One life, maybe "real life" or work, goes along as if the other, maybe spiritual or home, doesn't exist, and vice versa. Guessing. I just find earth and air cold to each other, they don't blend, but I don't understand them being actually hostile. As opposed to fire and water, but even with them there's a productive moment of lots of steam (which powers engines, after all) just before they actually touch... OK, I confess, I have read a lot about EDs but my way of "using" them is strictly NOT orthodox. :D

I am just about to head over to your reading and give it a whirl. This spread is taking me a bit longer to sort out... and I definitely feel more inclined to have the cards directly in front of me with this spread. Since I don't have the Gilded anymore, I'm going to do the same for you as I did for samantha and search around the internet and put them all together in a Word document so I can look at your cards as I interpret them.

I may post my own spread yet, and you can see just how nasty it is. :D The Fool appeared though, for the apparent shove you mentioned before that I might need. :laugh:

When or if I ever see what my Epiphany card is talking about, I'll let you know everything I can possibly think about it! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Heading over now! :D :D :D

MandMaud

I don't know how to read this thing anymore; the one that is pre-written on this page seems about half right. LOL Amanda's Astrology Chart

*excited squeal* Thanks! I'm no expert at all, and this is the first chart I've seen of someone I haven't actually lived with! (Mother, ex-dh, sons) Birth time and all! One day if I ever get time can I throw guesses at you and see how close I am? Though it takes me far more time than tarot... so that may never happen. Anyway. Saturn is in its own house which may be something. Pluto is strong, and that's in the 8th which is also its own. Hm...
... and there I have to give up on sounding as if I know what I'm talking about.

I am just about to head over to your reading and give it a whirl. This spread is taking me a bit longer to sort out... and I definitely feel more inclined to have the cards directly in front of me with this spread. Since I don't have the Gilded anymore, I'm going to do the same for you as I did for samantha and search around the internet and put them all together in a Word document so I can look at your cards as I interpret them.
You are a workaholic. As long as you're enjoying it!

I may post my own spread yet, and you can see just how nasty it is. :D The Fool appeared though, for the apparent shove you mentioned before that I might need. :laugh:
I said that? :bugeyed:

Amanda

*excited squeal* Thanks! I'm no expert at all, and this is the first chart I've seen of someone I haven't actually lived with! (Mother, ex-dh, sons) Birth time and all! One day if I ever get time can I throw guesses at you and see how close I am? Though it takes me far more time than tarot... so that may never happen. Anyway. Saturn is in its own house which may be something. Pluto is strong, and that's in the 8th which is also its own. Hm...
... and there I have to give up on sounding as if I know what I'm talking about.

:laugh: Well sure! You'd probably do better than the automated message on the site I linked. LOL I cannot totally disregard it, but honestly, a lot of the negative stuff it mentions simply doesn't ring a bell, or they are talking about old growing pains I feel I have already surpassed and come through.

You are a workaholic. As long as you're enjoying it!

Well of course I am enjoying myself; that also means I am procrastinating on my schoolwork. :D

I said that? :bugeyed:

Yes, over in my Chronicles of Destiny thread- your last post. :)

MandMaud

Yes, over in my Chronicles of Destiny thread- your last post. :)

Of course! Now I remember. That was three days ago, ancient history!

I was right though. ;)

Amanda

Additionally...

I've noticed that it may help to interpret the central card #4, The Beauty, first.

Also, I've noticed that this spread works with the Chronicles of Destiny oracle cards. I'm realizing now that I may have been subconsciously influenced by them, since I have received them recently and have done some readings with them, but that was not in mind when I began making this spread and I wasn't thinking of them throughout my design. I've tried two other oracles after I tried tarot, and I've just now tried the Chronicles of Destiny and it seems to work very, very well in comparison.