score at the book store

lunalafey

synconicity is such a fine thing (long story)...I had been meaning to go into the little used book store in town. I was hoping to find some books that covered certain subjects in a certain manner, I didn't have any titles that I knew of except the book everyone has been talking about, 78 Degrees of Wisdom. So I start to head out of town and before I made my commited turn North, I saw that the book store was open, they have odd hours, hit or miss kinda thing. I ended up getting more than I had hoped for...as well as the 78 Degrees of Wisdom. It is just part II, but I got it for $2.00..I also ended up with an old Dictionary of Tarot that looks good, as well as various astrology and fiction books...don't take me to a bookstore, I'll never come out.

Melvis

Don't get me started on used bookstores! There's a thread somewhere that asked if you were a god or goddess, what would be your name be. Now I know...I am Antiqua Libraria, Goddess of Used Bookstores!

I regularly visit about 4 or 5 in my area, and they are excellent sources for many classic tarot books. Going through my collection, here are some of the cards and books I've gotten at used bookstores:

• The Tarot, Paul Foster Case
  • Pictoral Key to the Tarot, A.E. Waite
  • Mythic Tarot Workbook
  • Choice Centered Tarot, Gail Fairfield
  • Faery Wicca Tarot Deck & Book Set
  • Kalevala Tarot
  • Medicine Woman Tarot
  • Goddess Tarot
  • Tapestry Tarot
  • Morgan Greer Tarot
  • Lo Scarabeo Art Nouveau Tarot

...and that's not even the entire list! :) It's wonderful to find out-of-print books, etc. at these stores that you never thought you'd see again!

It's a dangerous addiction, lunalafey, but it does have it's benefits!

Have fun!

Peace,

Melvis

suzyspellbound

I love used book shops too! They are really magical, you never know what you might find. I often get lost in the labarynth of towering stacks, but when I look in the occult/ mystical sections I never seem to find anything. You are so lucky I need to visit shops near you!
I usaully buy art or music or tatty, antique poetry books!