Best Travel-Friendly Deck Visuals

Yarnzipan

So I'm looking for a mini deck/playing card size deck to keep in my purse. At the moment, I have the Hanson-Roberts, which is nice, but I have an itch for something a little less pastel. So of course, I went looking for other decks, etc, but here's my concern:

I picked up the mini of The Secret Tarot which was, in my opinion, a lovely deck but I also feel like I lost something from the small size. The art just didn't maintain at that scale. I was looking at the Klimt mini, but I'm concerned about the same sort of thing there. So anyone with experience there would be lovely. But in a broader sense:

Which smaller decks/travel-friendly decks do you think give the best VISUAL bang for their size?

banbha

I think USG tinned tarots are all wonderful. Just the right size and perfect for travel.

crystaleagle

Morgan Greer is great in the small size.

G6

TAROT NOVA

Tarot Nova has graphic visuals that work well in the small size and would be perfect to save space in a bag. Plus it is an inexpensive deck, so if it gets lost no biggie.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/nova/

Carojulie

Hello,

The Motherpeace mini is a "big mini" and I like the size, still small for the purse, but not too small either.
The pocker size Distant Past is perfect for travel, one of my favourites
All tin decks, and I particularly recommand the Vanessa tarot or the Rosetta tarot. The tin Centennial RWS is also a good "middle" size.
And minis from Baba store because they are just so beautiful (actually they are a little too small for my taste, but they are SO beautiful...)

I have Klimt mini and it is really too small and I dont like the borders, RWS mini, also too small, as well as pagan Cats mini, silly because it still has multi-lingual borders so the images are reduced to post-stamp size. Really too small.

Yarnzipan

I think USG tinned tarots are all wonderful. Just the right size and perfect for travel.

I actually have the Centenniel RWS tinned! It's nice, but it again falls into that somewhat-pale color scheme. But I had no idea that there were so many options now! I'm super tempted on the Aquarian tarot since my Very First Deck was a New Pallidini but I'm not sure if it's a 'smaller' deck.

Morgan Greer is great in the small size.

Having seen the plethora of tins, I'll admit I'm tempted on this one because I've never used it but the imagery is really rich and bold.

Tarot Nova has graphic visuals that work well in the small size and would be perfect to save space in a bag. Plus it is an inexpensive deck, so if it gets lost no biggie.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/nova/

Not one I would have thought of but thanks for the suggestion. Not sure I want to go THAT small, but it's definitely one I've wanted to grab again. I think I had it years ago but it got lost in a series of moves.

Hello,

The Motherpeace mini is a "big mini" and I like the size, still small for the purse, but not too small either.
The pocker size Distant Past is perfect for travel, one of my favourites
All tin decks, and I particularly recommand the Vanessa tarot or the Rosetta tarot. The tin Centennial RWS is also a good "middle" size.
And minis from Baba store because they are just so beautiful (actually they are a little too small for my taste, but they are SO beautiful...)

I have Klimt mini and it is really too small and I dont like the borders, RWS mini, also too small, as well as pagan Cats mini, silly because it still has multi-lingual borders so the images are reduced to post-stamp size. Really too small.

I had a feeling on the Klimt! I suppose I'll just have to dive into that one full size.

I was totally unaware of the Baba studio store and now that I know, what ever will I do? Or whatever will my wallet do?!

I have some choices to make now...

greatdane

I second the Morgan Greer in a tin

It's the only pocket deck I have because the images are LARGE for a pocket and the colors are bright.

While I have other decks I like and use more, for a pocket deck that is travel-friendly in a tin, this one is it for me.

Nemia

I agree - all the tin decks are wonderful for travels.

And non-tin: poker-sized Distant Past tarot. I love that deck so much. It's clear, feels nice in my hand, and the size is perfect. I made a snug little bag and carry it around quite a lot.

greatdane

Thanks for sharing that one, Nemia!

I have one of Jeri's Lenormands, forget she had this tarot deck!

Yarnzipan

It's the only pocket deck I have because the images are LARGE for a pocket and the colors are bright.

While I have other decks I like and use more, for a pocket deck that is travel-friendly in a tin, this one is it for me.

Right now I'm edging towards the Morgan Greer just because I've been itching to add it to the collection anyway and it seems like a good choice for just those reasons. Nice LARGE images, no borders, bright rich colors.