Madame Endora's Practical Studies Group ~ Round #1

MareSaturni

Hi everyone!

In this thread, Tarotcardrose manifested her interest in starting a study group about the Madame Endora's Fortune Cards. Many were interested, but the thing is that there is already a study group of the individual cards, that unfortunately was abandoned a while ago. The main thread of this group can be found here.

So we decided to start something different. Instead of starting threads about the individual cards, we would do some practical studies, that would allow us to actually use the cards and learn them as we tried to read. Hence, a Practical Studies Group..

This is an experimental thread to see if our idea will work. Anyone is welcome to join. This week, we are suggesting a question. The participants are welcome to do small readings (3-5 cards) and interpret them to answer this question.

We will use this thread to post our readings, our interpretation of the cards etc. But everyone is encouraged to comment on the others' readings, see which cards came in common, which cards seems to oppose each other, and how each of us understand this or that card. If there is a card you didn't understand well, you are welcome to ask for help.
This a study group, everyone is learning, and exchanging ideas, theories and doubts is an important part of it!

If this works, we can start a more formal thread, with rules, a link to each thread etc.

So, who is up to the challenge?

~*~

The question for the first round was suggested by Tarotcardrose and IheartTarot:

"What will we gain from the study group?"

Now it's time for everyone to rescue their Madame Endora's from the bottom of the drawer and start using it! ;)

IheartTarot

The Hand of Fate spread

I tried to find a suitable deck interview spread but ended up creating one based on The Hand of Fate which is one of my favourite cards in the deck.

1) The Heart Line (matters of the heart): The Chimera (Imagination Clouds Your Judgement). OK so maybe expecting to find my soulmate here was a bit much! :D

2) The Head Line (matters of the mind): The Hand of Fate (Forces Beyond Your Control Intervene). How cool is it that I picked this card for this spread? I'll settle for "destiny offers new opportunity" (to learn). :)

3) The Life Line (matters of health and vitality): The Key (Locked Doors Can Now Be Opened). The Key is a symbol of privileged access, we must not abuse the knowledge and powers gained here. I think above all we will learn how to use this deck for the purposes of improving the wellbeing of ourselves and others. :)

4) The Fate Line (matters of destiny): The Stars (A Long Journey Brings Rewards). Cool! The Stars are also usually symbolic of fate/destiny. Maybe we were destined to reunite here and now? :D

5) The Intuition Line (matters of psychic abilities): The King (Authority and Diplomacy). The King sits at the top of the food chain. He/she "must balance power with diplomacy". We will learn to be respectful towards others and not abuse our position of power. :)

P.S. I have posted the spread layout in the Tarot Spreads section but I changed the order of the cards to correspond with the spread layout pattern:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2448779#post2448779

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 220

MareSaturni

Great reading :D

IheartTarot said:
1) The Heart Line (matters of the heart): The Chimera (Imagination Clouds Your Judgement). OK so maybe expecting to find my soulmate here was a bit much! :D

I think this could mean we may be a bit carried away by our emotions and/or our imagination when interpreting the cards, instead of being as objective as possible?

IheartTarot said:
2) The Head Line (matters of the mind): The Hand of Fate (Forces Beyond Your Control Intervene). How cool is it that I picked this card for this spread? I'll settle for "destiny offers new opportunity" (to learn). :)

That's interesting too! I really agree that studying this deck will be the opportunity to learn something new!

IheartTarot said:
4) The Fate Line (matters of destiny): The Stars (A Long Journey Brings Rewards). Cool! The Stars are also usually symbolic of fate/destiny. Maybe we were destined to reunite here and now? :D

Love this too!
I think that studying this deck will be a rewarding journey, not only because we will learn the deck itself better, but also because we may open our mind to new ideas and symbols that will help our journey as tarot/pracle readers as a whole!

I'll post my reading too in a while!

MareSaturni

Marina said:
"What will we gain from the study group?"

I used a 4 card spread, to answer the question in four different levels: spiritual, material, mental and emotional.

Spiritual: The Chimera - Imagination clouds your judgement

That's so interesting - I got the same card as IheartTarot! I think that this deck may help us to develop a more imaginative intuition... instead of just being guided by the key sentences on each card, we will learn to see more in it. But also we must be careful to not get too carried away by what we wish the cards would say, and not see what they are really saying.

Material: The Dragon - Strength and Wisdom

I think that using this deck in a very practical sense - ie. read for others, using it professional etc. - will be quite a challenge. But a good one, that will help us to gain confidence and wisdom. I wish I could see more here, but that's what I get from this card from now.

Mental: The Siren - A temptation may lead you astray

Interesting... I must say that I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think this card is related to the Chimera. I think this deck can easily "lead us astray", we may be tempted to only read the key sentences (that work more rationally than the images and the ideas behind the cards), instead of delving deeper... and the apparently "vague" symbolism may make us see what we want, instead of what the cards are saying.
I think that sometimes we may feel prone to give up - to be "lead astray" towards other decks :p

Emotional: Water - Emotions are at their peak

Wow! What a great card for this position. I think this deck may stir our emotions more than we would believe... Perhaps many of us who want to participate of the group are going through complicated emotional times... hence looking for a new deck or system to give them a different point of view. Perhaps in working with this deck together, asking question and reading in group, we will get the help we need to better understand our emotions. I also see a bit of moodiness here sometimes ;)

That's my reading :)
I'd like to know other people's take on my cards!

IheartTarot

I have mixed feelings about the phrases written on each card as I think they may lead me astray. :( I was asking about gains so was only looking for positive things and I am sticking with that for now. I am now leaning towards The Chimera in my draw representing the group element spicing things up a bit in terms of different backgrounds and cultures as well as emotional energy. I am not a highly emotional person so maybe this is what the study group will bring to ME in terms of matters of the heart i.e. help me to be less clinical and rigid in my interpretation. :)

MareSaturni

IheartTarot said:
I have mixed feelings about the phrases written on each card as I think they may lead me astray. :(

I dislike them too... I believe they intend to make the oracle easier for beginners, but I do believe they limit the interpretation sometimes. The cards have many possible meanings but it's easier to see just the one written in the key phrases.

IheartTarot said:
I was asking about gains so was only looking for positive things and I am sticking with that for now.

I like your positive view :D
I'm more of a pessimistic sort, hence my slightly downbeat take on some cards...

All different views will contribute to make the group more interesting and constructive. Just wish more people would join us :D

tarotcardrose

I' m here. I am working on Marina;s reading haha! I will post it soon in the other forum! :)