Knight of Wands

ravenest

Lillie said:
I don't know about all the sidereal stuff. I don't know what that means.
But you could do the ascendant, if you know it. But lots of people don't, and it changes too fast and you have to know the birth time.

Sidereal is just an adjustment of the 'slipped zodiac' to make it more accurate.
[Have'nt we done this before? Tha'ts why I assumed you knew ... unless I'm being teased again :)]
EG. You might read in the book that you are Queen of Swords [as that is the tropical assignment to your birthdate] and not really relate to that. If you precess the zodiac sidereally from tropical (as it's about 28 degrees out - nearly a whole sign now) you might find that the sidereal position corresponds to a court card you relate to more as being yourself.

Also one can be strongly influenced by the planet/rising sign on ascendent, eg; Your card according to book might be Knight of Wands and you might feel the opposite of that. When checking your horoscope you find that Cancer was on ascendent (or, more so, the Moon itself was on ascendant) and this could make you more like the Queen of Cups.

But really, it all boils down to objective viewpoint. Ascendant energies are external and we ourselves and our casual friends may relate to these external qualities. But our REAL internal selves ... well, that's another totally different story. Not many of us are aware of that. Thats why when trying to find out what we are really like [or what card we are really like] its best to get a reality check from those who really know us.

Lillie

That's the sad thing, I don't have an ascendant.

I tracked down my birth mother so I could ask her what time I was born and she said she couldn't remember!
Couldn't remember?
It's an outrage.
I remember what time my kid was born.
It was during The Sweeny!

Maybe my missing ascendant is the queen of swords.
My sun (knight of wands) is totally unaspected to anything (that I know about!) so possibly that's why I have never much related to him.

Sidereal.
Well, I have heard the word, just a bit vague about it.

With astrology I have a working knowledge good enough to draw up a birth chart, given the right tables and such.
But the technical stuff I'm a bit vague about sometimes.

It's always bothered me that it isn't right.
That I was born in sagitarius, but the sun was not actually in sagitarius then.
I don't like that, it isn't tidy.
Which is why I liked that site I found that said exactly where the sun was in astronomical terms.
And that says I'm a scorpio.

Tease you?
Would I ever? :D