Well, I just got my Bosch Tarot...

moderndayruth

I got it recently and not sure what to make of it. I can read with it, though i read it more as an oracle, and i also think that its worth is mainly in its artwork... though i loathe Suit of Wands, to me its repulsive. There are some cards that i love though, mostly among Majors. If honestly - it seems to be a great deck which i simply don't happen to like enough. Its a second deck of what somewhat ambitiously started as my "artsy sub-collection" (another one being another LS deck - Da Vinci), but it didn't work for me the way i thought it would; i think i am going to add the Golden Klimt and conclude this 'chapter'.

rwcarter

I have the deck and love it for its artwork. I still haven't decided if I'll ever offer it up for an exchange though....

Rodney

missy

Golden Botticelli

moderndayruth said:
I got it recently and not sure what to make of it. I can read with it, though i read it more as an oracle, and i also think that its worth is mainly in its artwork... though i loathe Suit of Wands, to me its repulsive. There are some cards that i love though, mostly among Majors. If honestly - it seems to be a great deck which i simply don't happen to like enough. Its a second deck of what somewhat ambitiously started as my "artsy sub-collection" (another one being another LS deck - Da Vinci), but it didn't work for me the way i thought it would; i think i am going to add the Golden Klimt and conclude this 'chapter'.

May I suggest an alternative to the Golden Klimt:

The Golden Botticelli, which I recently discovered! Le Fanu sings its praises, and that ought to count for something. :D

You can see scans of it here:

http://www.albideuter.de/html/golden_botticelli.html

and a recent thread about it here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=133720

moderndayruth

rwcarter said:
I have the deck and love it for its artwork. I still haven't decided if I'll ever offer it up for an exchange though....

Rodney
Ha, next time we are partnered in some of the exchanges - let's give it a go! :D
missy said:
May I suggest an alternative to the Golden Klimt:

The Golden Botticelli, which I recently discovered! Le Fanu sings its praises, and that ought to count for something. :D

You can see scans of it here:

http://www.albideuter.de/html/golden_botticelli.html

and a recent thread about it here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=133720
Yes you may, thank you for the enabling dear! }) :laugh:
Now its two more decks, before the chapter is closed!
(I sort of wanted Botticelli , but having missed this thread had taken it off my list... back to the wish list it goes!... And i still want the Klimt!!! :D)

missy

moderndayruth said:
Yes you may, thank you for the enabling dear! }) :laugh:
Now its two more decks, before the chapter is closed!
(I sort of wanted Botticelli , but having missed this thread had taken it off my list... back to the wish list it goes!... And i still want the Klimt!!! :D)

Just doing my duty as a Good Enabling Citizen. })

Le Fanu

I have to say, I think it's odd to ditch the Bosch and go for the Klimt or even the Botticelli. It's like ditching the Mythic and going for the Tapestry or something totally different. Two totally different decks which just happen to be "artsy"...

Speaking for myself, I just don't "get" the Bosch, and yet LOVE the Bruegel. I think the Bruegel as an alternative to the Bosch makes sense. Flemish, artsy, full of life and character, earthy without being grotesque (not that I ever minded grotesque!)

Klimt/Botticelli are in the "lush" category...

Flaxen

Le Fanu said:
Speaking for myself, I just don't "get" the Bosch, and yet LOVE the Bruegel. I think the Bruegel as an alternative to the Bosch makes sense. Flemish, artsy, full of life and character, earthy without being grotesque (not that I ever minded grotesque!)

I'd like to second the recommendation for the Bruegel. He was influenced by Bosch but the images for the Bruegel tarot come from his more earthy paintings. There are loads of little details in the background that are quite amusing to interpret.

moderndayruth

Thanks for the comments and recommendations, guys!

Le Fanu said:
I have to say, I think it's odd to ditch the Bosch and go for the Klimt or even the Botticelli. It's like ditching the Mythic and going for the Tapestry or something totally different. Two totally different decks which just happen to be "artsy"...
Why do you think its odd? I do realize they are totally different, but i think its not odd to like various styles and epoques; like, i adore Flemish painters from 15-17th century (especially the works from later period, influenced by Renaissance), but i equally love some very different styles and schools and i don't really see why one should stay in the framework of things akin and similar.

Le Fanu said:

Not that i don't like the Bruegel, but i've given up this sub-collection meanwhile, and with all this recommendations i doubt it (giving up ) is happening! :D
... not that i ever minded "lush"! :D

Flaxen said:
I'd like to second the recommendation for the Bruegel. He was influenced by Bosch but the images for the Bruegel tarot come from his more earthy paintings. There are loads of little details in the background that are quite amusing to interpret.
Than you! })
It seems that against my better judgement i'll be getting all of them at the end of things- but, honestly, Bruegel i not a priority... sorry if stepping on someone toes here. :(

mercuryempress

Bump
Anyone using this deck?

nisaba

Yep. I loved it back then when I spoke here about it, and I haven't changed my mind. How about you?