The bed on the 9 of Swords

AmethystEyes

What is happening that looks to be carved in the wood? Looks like some trees and a man holding a swords or a shield and the other is sitting down.

rwcarter

There's an in progress index thread at the top of this forum now. Check it out. (I hope to remove the "In Progress" from it this weekend or early next week.)

Rodney

KariRoad

DevilishAngel said:
What is happening that looks to be carved in the wood? Looks like some trees and a man holding a swords or a shield and the other is sitting down.
The "carving" remains controversial, but I vote against Cain & Abel. :)

chrissydogz

i cant see the carving very well right now but i do see something that looks like a lizard maybe? on the side where the blanket is

Corvinus

It kinda looks like someone knocking someone else down with a sword. Not sure. Need to look this one up more.

lucifall

Corvinus said:
It kinda looks like someone knocking someone else down with a sword. Not sure. Need to look this one up more.

I see a sword and a shield, the attributes of Mars, which forms the glyoh of the astrological symbol.
The 2 persons on the carving may connect with Gemini.
Also the Quilt, exists from 2 parts, sewed on each other, with something softs between it. (Like lovers...do: 6 : Gemini) Also a reflection for Gemini in my opinion.
9 of swords is Mars in Gemini, so i feel this is pausible.

Lucifall

GRAFLIX1

Uncovered

What a headache!

Literal interpretations are possibly a guise, in them self, however, what if the "bed spread" was actually meant to be considered, by the learned, as a form of mathematical equation (pi) to which produces a specific geometrical figure.

The duty of a card reader is to consider "all" possibilities and it would not surprise me if any alchemical symbology were to be found hidden, within the cards.

This line of thought is best possibly for the mathematically minded. But do consider the reason behind the purpose of such geometrically parquet floor/wall/ceiling designs.

Bernice

GRAFLIX1 said:
What a headache!

Literal interpretations are possibly a guise, in them self, however, what if the "bed spread" was actually meant to be considered, by the learned, as a form of mathematical equation (pi) to which produces a specific geometrical figure.

The duty of a card reader is to consider "all" possibilities and it would not surprise me if any alchemical symbology were to be found hidden, within the cards.

This line of thought is best possibly for the mathematically minded. But do consider the reason behind the purpose of such geometrically parquet floor/wall/ceiling designs.
My bold text. I take it you consider that the deck creators were 'learned'.

On your assumption, if the bedspread is meant to indicate pi, what then does this card say to you? That's what this thread is about.

Bee.

GRAFLIX1

Hi Bee

We seem to be floating between two posts together :)

The ancients believed that the secrets of the universe, were hidden within numbers and their associated geometrical shapes (and musical tones).

The cube (and this is where we get the flat earth concept) predates the spherical concept. However, we still find this cube as a basis within all structures, whose duty was/is to reflect God's creation. Think cube/ark Cathedral nave.

From this cube was placed a dome and central within this dome, was a circular opening (Noah's ark and the top hatch, is a referral to this aspect). This is the "Eye of God". The cube is earth and the dome is the firmament. Between these two worlds is a central realm, made of eight sides. This is the octagon realm and also called, squaring the circle.

Every facet of these three elements are carefully measured and were/are considered ancient knowledge, handed down throughout the ages, only to the initiated and worthy. This sacred knowledge is what was kept secret by all cults, of history.

Having this in mind, it is not too far of a stretch of creative imagination to consider this sacred knowledge as being partially hidden within Bible myth and tarot symbology.

I'm not a mathematician and my theory that the nine of swords' quilt may hold hidden geometrical symbology in pi equation, may be best followed by the mathematically inclined - who would see a code possibly upon sight.

Hopefully someone on this site may know of such a mind!

Cheers