Omegaland

rabidwolfie

I first caught a glimpse of this deck on ebay but passed it up. For some reason, however, it kept bugging me in the back of my mind. Telling me to give it just ONE MORE look.

The artwork is simplistic and not at all to my usual tastes, the theme is amusing but doesn't look particularly interesting or complex. Not to be disparaging but everything about this deck screams "Not For Me".

And yet, for some reason I can't figure out, it simply won't let me go. Something in my brain keeps pulling me back and telling me to give it a chance.

So, does anyone else here have said deck and if so, what is YOUR opinion about it? Should I give it a chance or is it not worth the paper its printed on? Please feel VERY free to tell me anything that's wrong with it so that maybe I can finally put this to rest.
Alternatively, feel free to tell me that it's actually a surprisingly good find and I should just buy the damn thing. Whatever your true opinion is.

Honestly, I can't figure out why it keeps pulling at me.

EmpressArwen

This deck is on it's way to me! I think it is hilarious. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny but every time I look at the pics available I'm all smiles. I'm really curious to see if it reads well for me.

I thought about getting this deck for months and months. Finally, I just hit buy.

I will update this when I get the deck and read with it. I'm so excited!! :) haha

Achlys

It reminds me of a cartoon but I can't place my finger on which one...

It's honestly quite comical.

But whenever I've had decks nag at me like that, I always ended up buying it, even if I thought I'd hate it, and instead ended up loving it (Like the Silhouettes Tarot).

gregory

I have it; I'm fond of it but it makes me laugh too hard for me to be able to read with it so far...

But some of the cards are really diabolically clever.

rabidwolfie

Thank you for your responses. I probably will end up buying this one at some point if for no other reason, than so I can stop arguing with myself over whether or not I should.

The artwork is indeed on the cartoonish side, which I'm not really fond of, and the pictures I've seen do not make me jump up and go "Oh! I love it!" Even Death, one of my favorite cards in the deck, feels less than inspiring when I look at it.

And yet... There's something....

I guess it won't be the first deck I've bought and not used, but it will be the first one I've bought that didn't have something I'm in love with.

And EmpressArwen, PLEASE DO update me when you get yours. I'd love your opinion.

wens_a

I saw someone's copy and started laughing so hard that I immediately bought it. And while it is funny, it's also been pretty spot on. I'm a fan.

Tanga

I had to have it when I saw it (some years ago now - it was Nisaba that originally drew my attention to it I beleive...).
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/omegaland/

It's funny and not at the same time - if you know what I mean from the theme.
The sadness and hilarity appeal to me - because that's very much what my sense of humour is like - dry irony...

It makes me think of 'The Book of Eli' and a number of other "aftermath" movies I've watched.

I'd never read for someone else with it - unless they just happened to like it too.
But I do use it myself.
One of my prized ones.

EmpressArwen

I received my deck!

I don't know what I was expecting...I guess maybe a light-hearted laugh with/at preppers...that is not what this is, at least not to me.

As Tanga stated, it's funny (ish) but it's not. There is a sense of sadness about it, almost holds a dark feeling. Not negative but...dark (ish).

I am going to really explore this deck and I have a feeling that it will answer questions in a very unique, interesting way.

One odd thing: what is up with the randomly giant hands, and sometimes giant feet??

rabidwolfie

I assumed the odd proportions thing was just part of the artistic style, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Thanks for your feedback on the deck. It certainly sounds interesting, and I've googled more of the cards.

I've gone ahead an ordered my own version and it should arrive in a few days. I may even offer some readings if we get along well.

EmpressArwen

Well, I offered 3 readings with this deck...one was a miss, one was kind of meh and one I don't know because I didn't get feedback. haha Not great. BUT...I did a couple of personal, nonpredictive type readings for myself and it was REALLY insightful and accurate. So maybe it's meant to be just a personal deck for me.