Bohemian Cats: the Hermes card?

Noob

Does anyone have this deck?

I would really like to know what Hermes means.

Thanks

Rhinemaiden

The title card for the Bohemian Cat Tarot says:

... "with Hermes, an extra card for luck"
----------------------------------------------

if you choose to use the Hermes card in a reading it can mean whatever YOU want it to mean... it can mean "good luck"... or as an alternate card for the Magician... or like a Happy Squirrel card in other decks (which I choose to read as "serendipity").... the choice is yours to make! :thumbsup:

You have a special deck and a special card... enjoy! :)

gregory

Kind of trickster magician/messenger ? It depends so much on what else you drew with it, but perhaps it's a message that needs delivering to someone about some tricky stuff going on ?

Padma

My deck is a third edition, and has the Fortune Teller card in it (which I find comes up a lot in readings, when I am doing a lot of reading for others).

Is the Hermes card only in the original (1st) ed?

gregory

My deck is a third edition, and has the Fortune Teller card in it (which I find comes up a lot in readings, when I am doing a lot of reading for others).

Is the Hermes card only in the original (1st) ed?
As far as I know, yes. Certainly only my first edition (I have all three) has it - but possibly some LE versions still had it ?

Noob

Thanks, everyone for your input!

Rhine maiden, yes i like my set very much. It resonates with me.

I think it's pretty obvious i like cats.

I owned the Cat People before and somehow the deck made me feel very uncomfortable. So i gave it away.

I feel like buying Deviant Art because the artwork appeals to me yet I am not sure if the energies are good for me.

Does spreading myself over a few decks mean i bond less with each deck? Someone once told me that i should try to stick to just one set so i bond with it.

Rhinemaiden

Noob.... welcome to the world of tarot! Lots to explore... you may decide to stick with one main deck, become a (gasp!) collector (tarot decks become like favorite snacks, hard to stop with one!).... your decision to make.

I have my main go-to deck (the Alchemical by Robert Place) that I have used for personal readings every day for the past 3 years. I also have "comparative" decks in my basket - to see how the art compares with the cards I drew from the Alchemical. The comp decks change from time to time. Right now I own 125 decks total... (a drop in the ocean compared to SOME people here... wink, wink)

For now, enjoy your Bohemian Cat deck! :thumbsup:

Noob

Noob.... welcome to the world of tarot! Lots to explore... you may decide to stick with one main deck, become a (gasp!) collector (tarot decks become like favorite snacks, hard to stop with one!).... your decision to make.

I have my main go-to deck (the Alchemical by Robert Place) that I have used for personal readings every day for the past 3 years. I also have "comparative" decks in my basket - to see how the art compares with the cards I drew from the Alchemical. The comp decks change from time to time. Right now I own 125 decks total... (a drop in the ocean compared to SOME people here... wink, wink)

For now, enjoy your Bohemian Cat deck! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your encouragement, rhinemaiden

Just wondering as you mentioned you do your own readings everyday. Do you ask something new every time? Someone once told me the cards might get influenced by our own desires and hopes and therefore it's always better to get someone else to read for you. Sigh. Yes, I always doubt my own reading