List of decks in tins?

Phoenixdawn

You know, I never thought of putting the tarot cards in tins, and now it's sounding like the perfect storage solution! (I get frustrated when the cards get hung up on the box flaps when putting them into the box, so I don't put them in the box, and then they end up on the floor when the cats inevitably knock it off the table, which leads to a very unhappy cat mom and two cats who are confused as to why mom's so upset).

Does anyone know of a place that would sell roughly Tarot sized tins to put my current decks in?

Phaidra

I have the Jonathon Dee in a tin. It's an older set for me and I almost forgot about it! Love the tin storage idea as friends have given me quite a few as gifts. I would wrap my cards in something before placing them in the tin containers. Keeps them tidy and protected.

edited to acknowledge the "cat issue" - I must remember to put every deck *somewhere* other than leaving them on the tarot table!

Denever

I want my cards protected and I don't like "tin rattle" when I'm carrying a deck in my bag, so I cut some felt to line the tin and ironed the flaps so that they fold over the deck easily. Because of the lip inside the tin, the liner stays in place without glue. Here's what I have in my Smith-Waite Centennial tin.

I would wrap my cards in something before placing them in the tin containers. Keeps them tidy and protected.

Attachments

• Tin liner.jpg
    Tin liner.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 223

Glennmaicha

I want my cards protected and I don't like "tin rattle" when I'm carrying a deck in my bag, so I cut some felt to line the tin and ironed the flaps so that they fold over the deck easily. Because of the lip inside the tin, the liner stays in place without glue. Here's what I have in my Smith-Waite Centennial tin.

That is a fantastic idea! I should do this for my three tinned decks, especially the Pixie's Astounding Lenormand since it jostles around more with fewer cards to fill the space.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Denever

Glad it's helpful!

That is a fantastic idea! I should do this for my three tinned decks, especially the Pixie's Astounding Lenormand since it jostles around more with fewer cards to fill the space.
Thanks for the inspiration!

nisaba

So ... any more decks that are commercially available in a tin?

So far we have:

Clair de Lune lenormand
Sun and Moon tarot
Radiant Rider Waite
Aquarian
Morgan Greer
Vanessa
Barbara Walker
Centennial
Halloween Tarot
Vanessa
Halloween
Morgan-Greer
Rosetta
Liminal
Ritual Abuse
Isidore Tarot Valentine edition
Tarot Noir (Chronata)
Wonderland

It's starting to look like a respectable collection to have!

Yellow

So ... any more decks that are commercially available in a tin?

So far we have:

Clair de Lune lenormand
Sun and Moon tarot
Radiant Rider Waite
Aquarian
Morgan Greer
Vanessa
Barbara Walker
Centennial
Halloween Tarot
Vanessa
Halloween
Morgan-Greer
Rosetta
Liminal
Ritual Abuse
Isidore Tarot Valentine edition
Tarot Noir (Chronata)
Wonderland

It's starting to look like a respectable collection to have!

Timeless Tarot:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/278802726/new-years-price-the-timeless-tarot

It's a favourite of mine. :)

Phaidra

Just remembered that I also have All Hallows by Robyn Tisch-Hollister in a tin too. I really need to reorganize my tarot cabinets!

Phaidra

I forgot to mention the All Hallows by Robyn Tisch Hollister is tinned too. I love the liner idea - thanks @Denever! Sounds easy enough even for me & I am kind of "craft challenged" when it comes to making things by hand. My All Hallows is fine in the tin it's in but I have a larger one for my other Halloween decks that would benefit from a liner for sure!

nisaba

I'm looking to get these two threads merged. They'll be a useful resource, together, for tin-loving members. :)