Trying to decide between decks

Carojulie

I don't have the Fountian yet, but it's on my wishlist. Definitely the most modern deck, but like others have said it can be tricky to get to know. I know quite a few people who absolutely cannot read with it, but also plenty people who love it to bits.

It is not the first time that I hear that some people have some difficulty connecting with the Fountain at first.... and then, for many, when they eventually connect, they love it to pieces.
It was not like that for me, I found it instantly easy to read with, actually much easier at first that the Wild Unknown. It is the Wild Unknown that took me a little time, I found it very tough to break in at first... it had to grown on me, and now I absolutely love it. On the contrary, for the Fountain, it was immediatly easy, and immediatly love at first sight. I felt like the Fountain had a lot of things to say, and said it very openly ; like it was eager to share ! And I always find it very accurate. With the Wild Unknown, I still have a hard time figuring out what it says to me sometimes ; like if it liked to keep part of its secrets. It is a wonderful game of introspection and digging into my intuition, it gives me things to chew on !
In any case, I love both decks !

Herodotus

Of all the decks you listed, the Shadowscapes is the only one I have. But I love it. I would recommend getting the set that includes the book, though, if you did decide to get it (I suspect you won't since you've already said as much, and everyone seems to like it the least out of the options...).

CherryNukaCola

For modern and edgy, I'd choose Wild Unknown from that list. Despite it's nature-centricity, there's nothing sweet or soft about it,

Cocobird55

I think the Wild Unknown would suit your look for edgy best. I love the deck. After I first got it, I used it exclusively for about a year.

While the Fountain is beautiful, and I've been using it for a while, I consider it peaceful instead of edgy.

I bought the Linestrider, tried it for a while, but wound up not liking it, so I sold it.

Don't have the Shadowscapes --my eyes are not great and all the talk about how tiny the images were scared me away.

Bscotty38

You all are so helpful! Thank you so much. I know I will eventually get both The Fountain and Wild Unknown. The Fountain might have to wait as funds are tight and The Wild Unknown is more readily available.

Colleen007

The Fountain tarot creators seem to have "buy one get one free" specials occasionally, so that could be a reason for waiting. You could give the second deck as a gift or keep it for yourself as a spare.

lantana

The Fountain tarot creators seem to have "buy one get one free" specials occasionally, so that could be a reason for waiting. You could give the second deck as a gift or keep it for yourself as a spare.

I keep forgetting about this! Best way to use it is to split the price with someone so both of you get the deck for half off. ;)

Carojulie

I keep forgetting about this! Best way to use it is to split the price with someone so both of you get the deck for half off. ;)

That's super cool ! Thank you for this information.
If it happens again and someone in France or Europe wants to share the price with me, I am in. I wouldn't mind having a back copy of this one, it is so gorgeous.

CharlotteK

You all are so helpful! Thank you so much. I know I will eventually get both The Fountain and Wild Unknown. The Fountain might have to wait as funds are tight and The Wild Unknown is more readily available.
Sounds like a very good plan :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Obsydian

I connect very well to the Linestrider and the cardstock seems fine to me. Perhaps I'm not as picky, or I just got lucky? The plus side with this deck over TWU is that it has a Fool's Dog app which includes the guidebook and pictures of the cards so that I can look things up on the run. I love TWU but I have no such luck with an app and because of my job it's difficult to carry the guide book around with me.

I recommend both.