Medieval Scapini Deck and Book Set or Kabbalistic Visions Tarot

Barleywine

From what I saw in your other thread, if you want a qabalistic/kabbalistic deck to really dig into, there are undoubtedly many better choices out there. Your "comet" metaphor really struck me because quite a few decks loom large in our first impression, flash across the sky, and then fizzle out. I've bought a few of those I wish I hadn't.

gregory

From what I am reading in your other thread about the Kabbalistic Visions - it may NOT be the best one for studying Kabbalah. But the art is quite something.

Hedera

Is the book for the Scapini available without the deck?
I thought I'd seen it somewhere, but I can't remember where - and I think it had a different title than the deck?

kwaw

Art and Arcana: Commentary on the Medieval Scapini Tarot by Ronald Decker.

I had the book ( not the deck ), thought it excellent (one of the best) and wished i Had the deck, I love the art! ( I like kabbalistic visions too, not sure about the kabbalah?, but the art! - and if the kabbalah can inspire good art, then it's sufficient (authentic) enough for me)

The Medieval Scapini got me from the get go --Kabbalistic Visions I was unsure of, to say the least (really disliked some cards), but -- it's appeal has grown