TOADies Anonymous.

journeyinghome

How are we doing, TOADies? Still on track here, not bought anything. Though I have received a deck via a trade - does that count? ;)

rylla

How are we doing, TOADies? Still on track here, not bought anything. Though I have received a deck via a trade - does that count? ;)

I think it doesn't. Trading is just an exchange...:)

I think I can safely join now for a while...I really don't want to buy any deck...(just waiting for the ones pre-ordered or on the way right now). The Temptress tarot is still tempting me...hope I can resist it.

rylla

BTW can someone please tell me what exactly TOAD means. (I can't come up with anything but To Overcome Addiction Demand :) )

Cocobird55

I agree -- trading doesn't count,

Nemia

You won't believe it - I'm about to SELL some decks that don't work for me. I'm a bit shocked about myself.

I decided to buy no more decks in the next few months - moratorium for the time until my birthday in April. And then I'll try to continue that moratorium. Yes. Usually I splurge from February to April because you know, it's my birthday so I'm entitled to a bit of splurging (besides, I'm an April Taurus and what does Taurus do? collect!). NOT this time.

And I'll try to give more TLC to the decks I have already. I know I promised that to myself before. But now I'll really do it.

rylla

You won't believe it - I'm about to SELL some decks that don't work for me. I'm a bit shocked about myself.

I decided to buy no more decks in the next few months - moratorium for the time until my birthday in April. And then I'll try to continue that moratorium. Yes. Usually I splurge from February to April because you know, it's my birthday so I'm entitled to a bit of splurging (besides, I'm an April Taurus and what does Taurus do? collect!). NOT this time.

And I'll try to give more TLC to the decks I have already. I know I promised that to myself before. But now I'll really do it.

wow! -that sounds like a serious commitment! Good luck!

earthair

In some ways I'm doing badly because I've bought a few decks. :rolleyes:
But I have slowed down massively and resisted at least 5 decks :)

madhatter00o

OK.. So you guys didn't know it because I didn't say anything, but I've been with you all as a closet TOADie for about two months (with the caveat that I WILL buy the Linestrider 2nd ed. when it comes out) before succumbing to a deck that I absolutely fell in love with. I thought it just a blip and felt vindicated when the deck read gorgeously. Plus, it was my Tarot Christmas present to myself.

So what brings me here now? Confession. I bought another deck only 3 weeks after the first fall from the wagon. I didn't mean to, but deck review videos showed me every card and I loved them. (And it's pretty hard for me to love decks... I guess not?) Anyways, curses, YouTube! *shakes fist vigorously*

As this whole business of falling in love with pretty Tarots and buying them isn't just a "blip," I want to officially join the TOADies. It's probably a good thing for me because I clearly have issues with accountability. :p

Yes, I'm going to get that 2nd ed. Linestrider, but besides that PLANNED purchase, I can't really afford to buy every deck that I aesthetically appealing. Or that I want a back-up of for collecting. Or that I think is especially clever. Or..

Until the second blunder, I did manage to dissuade myself from many lovely decks, so maybe I can recover... Maybe. (I should probably be banned from watching deck review videos.)