Pisces + Aries in friendship/love

lightsofblue

lightsofblue

Minderwiz

......I know star signs don't tell the whole story, but I'm just wondering how others see these two energies working together in any way.

You've put your finger on the problem in that last sentence. It's not just that Sun signs don't tell the whole story it's more that they tell less than a quarter of it. But just to give a flavour of the problems. Someone with an Aries Sun might have Mercury and Venus in Aries, Mercury and Venus in Pisces, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius or Mercury in any of those three and Venus in any of them or Venus in Taurus or Venus in Capricorn. From that you'll realise that there can be a strong Pisces flavour or a strong Aries flavour simply from the possible combinations of three planets. Add to that the Ascendant, which can be in any one of the twelve signs, the Moon that can be in any one of the twelves signs and the same for Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. I've not mentioned the outers there but the slow movement restricts the sign range to a smaller compass.

Then there's the most important part of Astrology, the houses Any combination of Sun, Mercury and Venus plus the possible combinations of Moon, Jupiter and Saturn can fit into any possible house distribution subject only to the house system chosen. Some of those combinations you might find madly attractive other combinations may leave you cold. All have only one factor in common, an Aries Sun. I've not even mentioned aspects but they are relatively less important that house and sign placement.

To get somewhere we need to know the whole picture and that means date and time of birth and place of birth..

I'm sorry if the answer is rather a damp squib but to me the beauty of Astrology is that it can take a substantial mass of data and pick out the main themes.

Unless you want to pursue the matter and go for a depth reading (which may not attract many takers) I'd say go with your instincts here. If one or other relationship begins to build then is the time to look at the Astrology. Trying to make a 'should I , shouldn't I?' decision on Sun signs alone means that you might cut yourself off from a relationship which will actually be very rewarding.

lightsofblue

bluelagune

His Venus is probably in cancer or pieces.

Minderwiz

His Venus is probably in cancer or pieces.

It's impossible for someone to have an Aries Sun and Venus in Cancer. Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun. A Pisces Venus is perfectly possible

bluelagune

It's impossible for someone to have an Aries Sun and Venus in Cancer. Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun. A Pisces Venus is perfectly possible

Im not expert in astrology. I know the basics. We fall for compatable sun to mars(for fem)/venus (for male) and marry the compatible moon signs.

Minderwiz

Im not expert in astrology. I know the basics. We fall for compatable sun to mars(for fem)/venus (for male) and marry the compatible moon signs.

It's not quite that simple. The traditional marriage significator for a woman is the Sun and for a man, the Moon. The gender of the planets is opposite that of the native. Fairly early on additional significators were added for both sexes. Thus Mars enters the calculation of the Lot of Marriage for a woman as quoted by certain early Astrologers but others used Jupiter or even Saturn as a significator. The reasoning seems to be how you look at marriage, whether it's a legal relationship or an affair of the heart, or a social relationship. So whilst the modern approach tends to use Mars (with reservations because of Mars' connotations of violence), the traditional approach used several depending on the type of relationship being considered.

For a man, the situation was easier. The second significator was Venus. Signs were treated differently in the traditional approach. They weren't seen as personality types, unless the Ascendant was being considered. More important in this situation was whether the signs were 'fruitful' or 'barren'. The aspect between signs was also important.

A dimension missing in your 'basics' is the house placement. The marriage partner is signified by the seventh house and its ruler (plus any planets in it). The fifth house signifies romantic relationships

The eleventh by contrast signifies friends and the third siblings. So you need to be careful to check house placements before saying that marriage will take place. The chart may be signifying that they are going to be great friends, rather than great lovers.

It would be nice if the situation was simpler in terms of the Astrology but remember, life is not simple, it's complex. Even the factors I've mentioned above represent a simplification of life and relationships.

lightsofblue

Minderwiz

Thanks both of you for replying and sorry for the delay, lots to process!

I'd noticed that Sun signs were limited to a smaller pool of possible Venus signs, so I found it so helpful that you were able to list all of them for Aries. (It would be neat to see how that works out for each of the other 11 signs! Slightly off topic, but I'm just wondering if it would reveal any conclusions to be made, characteristic of each sign...) I know I've always really hit it off with Aries. The men and the women! Is this because I might have a lot of those energies circling my chart? Or neighboring signs?

Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun. For Venus the maximum elongation is 48 degrees. So it's either in the same sign as the Sun or one of the two adjacent signs (ahead or behind in the zodiac). Venus can reach the second sign ahead or behind the Sun.

As Mercury signifies the rational/logical mind it does have an implication for character or temperament, given that the Sun is one of the three main contributors to a person's temperament.

The other two (and both more important) are the Ascendant and the Moon and those can be in any sign. Many of the characteristics that modern Astrologers assign to the twelve signs were originally assigned to the Ascendant, which represented the person in terms of their physical body and their mind and spirit . That original view isn't compatible with the psychological approach which claims that the chart as a whole represents the person.

lightsofblue said:
But in looking specifically to this, it helped me recall that his Venus is the same as mine...which would be well, great! I can't remember exactly what day his birthday falls on. He doesn't have/use social media any longer. Anyway, I think it has to be, because most of the others wouldn't make sense for this person I'm thinking of. More so, in considering what he is devotes most of his time to... I think I know it... and I'm fairly sure I have looked before :shhh:, lol.

Would you say that Mercury and Venus placements are the most important when it comes to love compatibility?

Compatibility is actually a complex issue and you can find that you are compatible on some things but not others. Astrologically speaking Venus has signification for all relationships, whether romantic or not. That signification is general but its extent can vary depending on sign and house placement.

Traditionally we would look to different planets for males and females when it comes to romance and marriage. For a female, she should look at his Sun. Some texts will also add Mars, others will take Jupiter or Saturn but more recently Mars has been taken more often than the others.

The problem here is that you can find the sign position of the Sun from his birthday (quite accurately but not perfectly accurately), finding the position of Mars requires an ephemeris. However these are available online at sites such as astro.com.

To go further you would need to know which house his Sun and Mars are placed in. That requires knowing his time and place of birth, as well as his date of birth. There is a margin of error that is acceptable for this purpose but it's really not much more than a couple of hours and better still an hour.

For a male, he should be looking at the positions of a female's Moon and Venus (these are the two natural significators of women). To do this with any hope of being accurate, you would need to know both times of birth so that you can put the planets in their right houses.

For both parties, Sun, Moon, Ascendant and Venus are important in terms of placement and you should look to see how compatible they are. Venus in each others fifth or seventh house would be a good sign of compatibility but on it's own it's not enough. Compatible Mercury placements give an indication of the ability to communicate with each other. Compatible Moon placements give an indication of common instincts. Aspects will tell you if these compatibilities are enhanced or challenged. The latter should include Jupiter and Saturn as well as the other five.

lightsofblue said:
I've wondered about the outer planets. Is this a reflection of "why" people closer in age couple up or hang around one another? And Pluto, for instance...what does this "do" for synastry if most everyone you meet has the same Pluto placement as oneself?

The outers take a very very long time to circle the Zodiac. Pluto is quite capable of staying in the same sign for a couple of decades or more (and zipping through others in less than two decades because of its eccentric orbit). So if your ages are even ten years apart, you may share the same Pluto sign. The same holds for Neptune, Uranus takes on average seven years to pass through a sign, so again there's a very good chance that a prospective partner shares the same sign for Uranus. What is unlikely is that they have the same house placement. For synastry they aren't particularly useful, though it can be argued that they are very useful for character analysis and that should always precede any synastry.

lightsofblue said:
So aspects involving Sun/Merc/Venus are the most important in romantic synastry, and also house placements?

Apart from the conunction, you can't get any major aspects between Mercury and Venus and the Sun. It is possible to get a sextile between Mercury and Venus but a sextile is the weakest major aspect.

House placements and aspects from the other planets (especially Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn) are important.

But to answer your next question there are certain houses which are more important than others. To have the other person's Moon angular in the chart is good, especially if it's in the first or seventh. To have their Moon in your fifth is good - and this holds for Venus and the Sun. But don't forget to look for aspects between charts. If his Venus lies in your fifth house but is in opposition or square to your Venus, you may find that there's tensions in the relationship - you fancy him madly but it doesn't seem to work out.

For example, My wife's Jupiter is conjunct my Ascendant, Jupiter rules my fifth house of romance. Her Venus is conjunct my Jupiter, which lies but two minutes of arc from the fifth.

My seventh is ruled by Saturn through Aquarius. Her Saturn is trine my Moon, to the exact degree and my Moon lies in my seventh. My Venus lies in her fifth house of Romance Her Sun lies in her Seventh house which is ruled by Saturn through Capricorn. Saturn lies in my first house. Her Saturn is sextile to mine to the exact degree. I make these point because you might not see Saturn as having a role in romance and marriage. Yet for both of us Saturn rules our seventh houses and our Saturns are in perfect sextile. and Her Saturn trines my Moon.

So you have to dig a little deeper than the superficial.