Letting others touch your crystals

PrincessPaulina

What is your personal position on letting other people touch your stones?

Are there specific crystals that you don't want others to touch; if so, which ones, and how do you make the distinction between stones people can touch, and those they can't?

What about crystal pendants -- how would you react if someone you just met reached over and touched a crystal you were wearing (perhaps to compliment it)?

Is there anyone who doesn't mind at all having their crystal friends touched by others?

Finally, if you do mind, do you do a full cleansing of the stone afterwards?

(Obviously, there are no right or wrong answers, I'm just curious about others' perspectives)

stonesatiety

Good question! I don't mind people touching any of the stones who live with me. In fact, I encourage folks to get to know the stones. Some stones here prefer to play at home, but I don't recall any stones shunning visitors. The way I determine who wants to play is to ask the stones. Stone attunement to the needs and desires of a given human far exceeds our usual human perception.

At times a given stone may be focusing on work with me. I'll feel that when I think to share and, therefore, respecting our work, I don't mention the stone. Rarely, the stones advise, or I may feel that it's best to leave sharing with a particular person for another time. Usually when this is the case, sharing simply doesn't come to mind.

I'm a guy who doesn't care for the feel of jewelry against my skin, so I don't wear pendants. I place stones inside small bags for pocket carry. Only by being proactive and taking stones out do people know about the stones. This was challenging at first.

Although I share freely, I always check whether a clearing may be in order. Usually, the stones and I clear things as we go, but sometimes a stone would like to rest on a citrine cluster or piece of selenite. After resting overnight--perky stone!

Briar Rose

Hi Princess Paulina. The more I learn about Crystals the more I understand how they work, and their importance in healing and their vibrations.

Quartz Crystals are piezoelectric. That means that when squeezed or compressed (by our hands and fingers) they produce an electrical charge that we can tap into. That is why they use them in medical devices and computers. They have capability of memory, and give off a pulse or a charge.

-that being said, it is probably not a good idea to allow people to touch them IF you are using them for healing, or have spent time PROGRAMMING them.

Although sometimes when I have friends over my house, I want to share certain Crystals and I place them in their hands.

Sometimes when I wear my Crystal jewelry people are drawn to them, and want to reach out and touch them. I think they need it for the healing vibes Crystals give off.

PrincessPaulina

Thanks for the input, guys!
I love the idea of just asking the stones :)
And yes, when people touch my pendants, I just figure they needed some of that crystal's energy!

PrincessPaulina

I'm a guy who doesn't care for the feel of jewelry against my skin, so I don't wear pendants. I place stones inside small bags for pocket carry. Only by being proactive and taking stones out do people know about the stones. This was challenging at first.

So how did you get around this challenge, Stonesatiety?

stonesatiety

Hi PrincessP. I'm naturally reserved, so talking about the consciousness and energy of stones with casual acquaintances and strangers, then pulling out a stone to share was way over the top for me. However, my personal experience with "funny stuff" as I often call it, went far beyond that, nine years or so before the stones came back into my life. I knew what was happening, was comfortable communicating and interacting with non-humans, i.e. animals, plants, stones, "dead" people, and my inner rudder guided me straight into public sharing. Yikes! Each time I felt the nudge to share, I took a deep breath, calmed myself and found that most people were stone lovers! That included those who were not yet playing with stones. The look on a person's face as they first felt energy flow up their arm(s) and through their body! I've had some big hugs as a fellow human experiences for the first time that indeed, we are surrounded by friends. I never tire of sharing the stones and the stones never tire of making a new friend.

PrincessPaulina

That is really sweet, stonesatiety!
It is fascinating that you, and the stones, both have a desire to share :)
I've gifted stones to people I've just met before -- usually a Hematite or Tiger Eye, which I often carry for protection. For whatever reason, I felt the need to leave that person with an amulet or "good luck charm".

Do you find that any stones in particular love to be shared / played with by new people?
Are there any stones that you feel are more reserved in energy?

I would love to know more about your experiences :)

stonesatiety

Sorry about the delay. There's a lot going on currently!

I've wanted to share since I opened up quite unexpectedly twenty years ago, but quickly learned to take it easy and go with inner guidance. The world is awakening rapidly, which makes sharing easier by the day. The stones miss us as unique, entertaining playmates. Everybody else does too, but the stones remember longest of any physically manifested entity. Imagine watching dear friends manifest cycles of self-destructive amnesia for millions of years. This tea party has been going on for a long, long time.

Love the gifting! You are generous. Once in a great while a stone goes to somebody, but for the most part I play with folks in such a way he or she will go off and find their stones. This choice by trusting my inner guidance. I feel a bunch of stones ready to come and pass through me to others, so this may soon change. You instigator! :)

I find that some stones definitely like to interact more than others, but on an individual basis, rather than a family. The stones were my first teachers about themselves, so I related with them as I would you or any other human. It's the spirit manifesting each "thing" that creates the presence, rather than the molecular combination.

For each example of a family that is more chatty or more reserved, I remembered one or more examples of a stone of that type who was the opposite! Even rose quartz can flow hot, powerful energy if the need arises! One time I shared a rose quartz heart with a female friend. I generally can feel what is happening inside a person's body while I'm sharing. Suddenly the rose quartz flowed hot, bursting energy that would make moldavite proud! I was shocked as was my friend.

PrincessPaulina

Love the gifting! You are generous. Once in a great while a stone goes to somebody, but for the most part I play with folks in such a way he or she will go off and find their stones. This choice by trusting my inner guidance. I feel a bunch of stones ready to come and pass through me to others, so this may soon change. You instigator! :)

Well, usually I give stones away when I am worried about a person, or I feel they need extra protection. For example, I met a guy who is a professional mountain climber, and lives in a different country from me. We instantly bonded and connected on a spiritual level. I knew that I may never see him again, and being that he is in a dangerous profession, I felt compelled to leave him with my Tiger Eye.

Another thing about gifting crystals: I feel more connected to the people whom I've passed the stone to (the stone acts like a link with to that person).

I like your point about different crystals, versus entire families of stones, being more or less open to sharing :)

celticnoodle

What is your personal position on letting other people touch your stones?

Are there specific crystals that you don't want others to touch; if so, which ones, and how do you make the distinction between stones people can touch, and those they can't?

What about crystal pendants -- how would you react if someone you just met reached over and touched a crystal you were wearing (perhaps to compliment it)?

Is there anyone who doesn't mind at all having their crystal friends touched by others?

I have no problems with people handling my crystals and encourage it actually. Unlike stonesatiety, I do enjoy wearing jewelry and do my best to collect many of my crystals in jewelry form. My moldavite and pietersite are both wrapped in wire and hang from a necklace that I wear daily now. People are often drawn to them to admire them. I love getting the chance to tell them about crystals.

Finally, if you do mind, do you do a full cleansing of the stone afterwards?

(Obviously, there are no right or wrong answers, I'm just curious about others' perspectives)
no, never even thought of it! You do need to be careful as to cleaning your crystals too--as many are not safe with a water bath-and other cleansing ways. I do however, own a beautiful white selenite 'mountain'. So purchased because it reminds me of a snow capped mountain and when I first saw it, it took my breath away. Its only about 4 to 6" tall, but still majestic looking! I later found out that selenites are powerful crystal cleansers just by being near them. So, I keep most of my crystals in a glass dish and the majestic selenite towers over them. :D

stonesatiety, you are quite an interesting guy! I, too, loved to play with rocks - since I was a kid. In the 60s, I joined in with the other people who would pick out rocks to paint, and give them faces. They were all special to me, and the face helped to really bring them alive IMHO. I still pick up rocks when I'm on a walk and bring htem home to put them in the garden or a pot of flowers/herbs. The husband thinks I'm silly, but its as if they are calling out to me when I spot them on the roadside. :)

BriarRose said:
Quartz Crystals are piezoelectric. That means that when squeezed or compressed (by our hands and fingers) they produce an electrical charge that we can tap into. That is why they use them in medical devices and computers. They have capability of memory, and give off a pulse or a charge.
I didn't know this, BR! makes sense, but wow, very interesting! :thumbsup:

I've had some crystals shock me like this. Just recently, while meditating with my two auralite23 in each hand, I began to really vibrate and shake internally. It was a very odd feeling with the stones, and I also grew to be very hot, but only my hands and arms. odd. I am not sure I ever had this feelign before while holding these two stones. They always had good energy to them, since I purchased them from Delitz here on A.T. Beautiful stones and I knew they were full of powerful energy. I could 'feel' it by just looking at them--but this time I felt their power too!

I held a Melody's stone in my hand once, also known as a "super seven", at a New Age Expo in our area. My sister was with me, and I wanted to show her the stone and explain what I knew about it. The stone literally began to jump in my outstretched palm and before I could close my fingers around it, the stone literally jumped right out of my hand! :laugh: I would've purchased it if they'd have taken credit cards, but they only would take cash and I didn't have enough cash on me to buy it. darn it. Next time I go to that expo, I'll take PLENTY of cash!