Looking forward to the WILD Kuan Yin Oracle!

urbandryad

I was already planning to get the Kuan Yin Oracle, but there will be a new one, Wild Kuan Yin Oracle! http://www.blueangelonline.com/wild_kuan_yin_oracle.html

This deck looks AMAZING and I'm in love already from the few pictures on this site! I don't know how much this has in common with Kuan Yin, but it has a very Tibetan feel to it, I think. Maybe the deck author of this and the previous deck has mixed the traditional Kuan Yin of China with the Taras of Tibetan belief?

Either way, I WILL have this deck! Great, another for the wishlist. X)

Padma

I was already planning to get the Kuan Yin Oracle, but there will be a new one, Wild Kuan Yin Oracle! http://www.blueangelonline.com/wild_kuan_yin_oracle.html

This deck looks AMAZING and I'm in love already from the few pictures on this site! I don't know how much this has in common with Kuan Yin, but it has a very Tibetan feel to it, I think. Maybe the deck author of this and the previous deck has mixed the traditional Kuan Yin of China with the Taras of Tibetan belief?

Either way, I WILL have this deck! Great, another for the wishlist. X)

ZOMG! It is *gorgeous*! I love the artwork. Great! And so I had better rebuild my deck budget :p THanks for posting the link, Urban!

DaughterOfDanu

Ooh while I like the art from the first deck a lot more but I'm really happy Kuan Yin is catching on and getting recognition. I couldn't think of a lovelier being.

Ace

I am a huge Kwan Yin fan. I actually think I like the book here better, but thanks for telling us about it.
barb

Laura Borealis

Thanks for the alert, I love the art. I found some of his work online here and there's a link to his Facebook there.

urbandryad

Thanks for the alert, I love the art. I found some of his work online here and there's a link to his Facebook there.

Wow, my instincts about the imagery being Tibetan was correct! This looks like another instance of an artist with beautiful artwork that has been used in a tarot or oracle deck when it may not had been meant for that sort of thing. That being said, thanks for the link. Incredible artist, I can't wait for this deck!

Madrigal

At first glance this looks far more Tibetan or Mongolian than something I'd associate with Kuan Yin who is most commonly (though not always) depicted on a dragon (or fierce creature) and surrounded by water. The images here while lovely are more those I'd associate with the dakinis or sky dancers.

Celtictarot

Tempted by this deck... grrrrr, so many nice decks, not enough space

tarotluv

Anyone have this deck yet? I preordered on Amazon but it already says "temporarily out of stock".

Teyata

Wow!

Gorgeous artwork! The deck reminds me scenes from a Pixar movie, especially #29 'Blessing of the Kite Dancer' and #30 'Hold on to Me' :) It would fit nicely next to the statue of Tara with the Lotus of Wisdom in my room.