Decks from Rockpool Publishing in Australia

The Happy Squirrel

Firstly, I have to say that their boxes are great. Magnetic closure, and solid. And I really like that they call their cards "reading cards" instead of "oracle". It feels more down to earth. And real. As we read cards for different purposes and do not always see them as oracles.

So far I only have two of their decks: "Australian Wildflower" and "Dreamtime" (not to be confused with "Oracle of the Dreamtime").

The Australia Wildflower's card stock feels thicker, and less slippery, compared to the Dreamtime, but the handbook does not have colour reproductions of the cards, which is a pity. The Dreamtime reproduced its cards in the handbook in full colour, they are beautiful! Not to mention so much better to learn from since for the first few days you are more likely to spend time with the book than with the cards (for me anyway).

Anybody else has decks from Rockpool and found some variety in their physical characteristics?

meeka4monty

Hello!

I have two decks also - Dreamtime and Crystal Reading Cards. I love both productions as a whole. And I also love their structure; card stock, high gloss finish.

My favourite in composition is the Crystal Reading Cards. They're glossy and thicker than the Dreamtime which to me feel quite delicate - but nothing like Lewellyn card stock, that's a chipper.

I have also found that Blue Angel decks published before late 2014 warp on me! I'm guessing it's the hot Aussie summer coupled with the acrylic gloss over the cards but it has become such a pet peeve!! Drives me crazy that they bow.

So far, my Rockpool Publishing decks haven't. Yay! I like the two I have, a lot.

katey

I have both of the decks already mentioned - Australian Wildflower and Dreamtime Reading Cards - as well as the Crystal Reading Cards by Rachelle Charman. The box is a little bigger because the deck has 56 cards (AWF has 44 and DT has 36). The cards all seem very similar in terms of thickness to me, although I do think the AWF might be ever so slightly less glossy than the other two.

I have several other Rockpool decks on my wishlist, including the upcoming new decks from Cheralyn Darcy and Laura Bowen.

I tend to prefer matte finish on cards, but with these oracle decks it doesn't bother me so much. They're just so big, bright and beautiful that I'm too busy being in love with the images to really care!

Katey x

The Happy Squirrel

I love the card stock of the Australian Wildflower Reading Cards and had played with them for a few days when my Dreamtime Oracle came so I could immediately feel the thinner and more glossy cards. The Dreamtime Oracle deck is more recent I think? I am not sure. But this is the first deck I can see my finger prints all over them. Love love the AWF card stock! But LOOOOOOVE the colour card repros on the Dreamtime handbook!!

Madrigal

I've got the aforementioned Crystal Reading Cards. I spent a good, long while researching all the crystal decks out there and this one answered most of my requirements. The magnetic closure, quality of the LWB and the cards themselves are all stellar. I paired it up with the Crystal Visions Tarot and had a fab week with it, the pairing was seamless.