Way of the Horse

Shadow Wolf

These are beautifu cards.. thank you for sharing the link.......

inanna_tarot

After a long time of going yes and no about this WOH I have decided to get it... just ordered it off amazon. Horse is an energy I have great respect for and yet great issue with and so much this year has lead me to trying to work within the medicine of Horse that I just had to get it.

I'm pondering of the Tao of Equus as well, but we'll see how I get on with the WOH first. I can see her other books probably being very important to me further down the line.

Cant wait till they come, see if the Horsesy magic can work for me :D

silverwings94

I would really love to have this deck. I have been eyeing it ever since it came out. Every time I would go to get it it seemed none were available online anywhere. Now that I don't have the money to buy a set they're online.
Life is not fair.Oh Well maybe in the near furure I'll have the $$ at the same time they are available.

blackroseivy

Some day I really must get this for myself - I gave it as a sealed present quite some time ago, without ever getting to know the deck myself, which I feel somehow the lack of now!

inanna_tarot

OK, had the packet for a hour or so. I ripped open the parcel when I got in from work, picked out the cards and the book..

The artwork - stunning, totally amazing and stunning. The energy and emotion of the cards just leaps at me. Im not a massive horse lover, horse in a physical creature and a spiritual one that I have A LOT of issues with, and yet I was nearly in tears at the sense of connection with the artwork. One even made me laugh!
And I love the card backs, the yin/yang of the horses heads! Fantastic stuff.

Book - I was STUNNED that the set was partly inspired by the reading of Frouds Faeries and picking up Epona's Wild Daughter. I see that it was mentioned on this thread years ago by Jewel, but, I must have completely forgotten about that, as I probably would have bought it much sooner (Froud lover that I am). I've only read the introduction but I can see this deck being as healing, playful and as evocative as the Frouds Faeries. Just amazing.
The writer and artist both have a very deep spiritual, emotional and physical connection with horses, who are open to how their psychology is different to ours, yet together we can learn to appreciate the lessons and values that each way has to offer us.

Totally blown away by this set, and I will continue to be this evening as I read more and play with the cards more!

hopena

I'm so glad you liked them (and it's nice to see you on the forum again). :)

I started to work with the cards in May, but got distracted, yet again. It would have been a much healthier Summer for me, if I'd stuck with the cards, and just shut certain other things out.

I originally found the cards in Barnes and Noble, in February of last year (after adding them to my wish list the month before), but they cost $30, and I'd already picked up the Mystic Faerie tarot, as a consolation present over the loss of my dog (a deck I've barely used since). Funny: late in 2008, I found myself wishing that I could go horse-riding again (I haven't ridden since I was in school, about twenty years ago. *gulp*) I love the book, and I'm still plodding my way through The Taq of Equus - a book I would have finished in May or June, had it not been for the above-mentioned distractions. I love that she was inspired by the Faeries. :heart:

Dusk Till Dawn

I love the Card stock on them, the only thing that bugs me is that I never got the book back in there.

hopena

I haven't put the cards or book back in the box, either, because I had such an awful job trying to extricate them from it. :)