Emma Garner's (Good Witch Bad Witch) illustrations....a list and fan club!

MareSaturni

I'm sooo happy, i'm about to get Tree Magick in a trade here :D :D :D

More Emma Garner artwork in my collection :D

For those who don't know, here's the Tree Magick deck:
http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/31/

I know many find the pictures of tree, well, boring, but i'm a plant lover, plants for me are never boring :love:

I can't wait for it!

LittleGoblin

Marina said:
I'm sooo happy, i'm about to get Tree Magick in a trade here :D :D :D

More Emma Garner artwork in my collection :D

For those who don't know, here's the Tree Magick deck:
http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/31/

I know many find the pictures of tree, well, boring, but i'm a plant lover, plants for me are never boring :love:

I can't wait for it!

no no I am so glad you posted that link. The tress are awesome. Now I know it's a magnolia tree in my neighbors yard
!

Cerulean

What a lovely thread...

...I have the 52 card "Faerie" deck--quite pretty and nicely Springlike.

I've matched it with some very light and charming tarots for portable and pretty travel sets...I'll be on the lookout now that you've named so many lovely oracular and metaphysical titles with her art...some of the art on the site really look like beautiful cards! A 'best of' art deck would be a wonderful collectors item...

Cerulean

Myrrha

I wish Gillian Kemp would do a bird oracle with Emma Garner. There are a couple of bird oracles available but neither are quite what I want. The light-fun-yet-meaningful approach and beautiful artwork would be perfect.

--Myrrha

MareSaturni

Myrrha said:
I wish Gillian Kemp would do a bird oracle with Emma Garner. There are a couple of bird oracles available but neither are quite what I want. The light-fun-yet-meaningful approach and beautiful artwork would be perfect.

--Myrrha

Yep, i miss that too. That's why i'm creating my own tarot deck featuring owls (it's a deck meant to be cute, so they drawings are a bit childish, but well, it's MINE). Nobody makes owl decks and the owl is my favorite animal!

But a general deck with many different birds would be so lovely! Specially with Emma's art!

Myrrha

Marina your deck sounds lovely! Owls really are fascinating. I went to a bird sanctuary in Florida last year where they house birds that had been injured and there were a couple of different kinds of owl.

I will start a thread about the bird oracles.

I also wish that Emma Garner would do a Lenormand deck. That seems like another thing her style would be perfect for.

--Myrrha

Yvresse

Hello!

I also found myself really liking Emma Garner's work without even knowing that it was of the same artist! 6 Haunted Days, could you give more information on the different card backs? Is the other card back of the "Art of Tarot" (the blue and white globe) reversible? Which edition does it come in? Thank you!

Glass Owl

Marina said:
Yep, i miss that too. That's why i'm creating my own tarot deck featuring owls (it's a deck meant to be cute, so they drawings are a bit childish, but well, it's MINE). Nobody makes owl decks and the owl is my favorite animal!

But a general deck with many different birds would be so lovely! Specially with Emma's art!
As you can tell by my user name, I have a fascination with owls.... really any birds of prey. I too went to a bird sanctuary many years ago and I didn't want to leave. I would absolutely love an owl deck!

WolfyJames

I'm a big fan of Emma Garner and I love most of what she does.

I say most because when she does art style à la Art of Tarot I don't like it, I ended up not buying her tarot deck, same with Angel Messages, which looks very similar to the Art of Tarot on the box. In the other hand, decks à la Good Witch Bad Witch (my favorite oracle) like Faerie Wisdom, Celtic Messages and Tree Magick, I really like. My favorite after Good Witch Bad Witch is Celtic Messages, then Faerie Wisdom and last Tree Magick. I think Tree Magick has too much white on the cards and too much space wasted to put the meanings on the cards, I would have loved it better instead to have a real setting to place each tree instead of making them hover in the air in all that white, but this is probably more the conceptor to blame than Garner. I found Celtic Messages 6 months ago and I really love it, a celtic deck by Garner, that makes me really happy.