Spreads, help

jema

i am just chiming in here to agree with james and umbrea. there is nothing better then a three-card-spread.
but the secret lies in devoting as much time (if not more) to those three cards as you would the 10 cards in a celtic cross spread.
give yourself the same kind of time you would like someone reading for you giving.

i am just working my way up to sometimes, if i have to, do 7 card spreads. but if i get to choose i will always pick a simple three card spread and specify the positions and questions for just that moment and that specific client. but, often my clients wants me to do big spreads. they are in fact often disappointed that i do not use the whole deck.
and sometimes when i have friends who think they would need a reading FAST, i only give them one card. and that is often all that is needed.

oh and i want to give you this link:
http://www.queenofpentacles.com/lessons/spreads/three.html
i used to have a bookmark to the FTN on 3 card spreads but unfortunatly i lost it in the crash. so this will have to do.

Sulis

Thankyou James, Jemma and Umbrae. I do use mostly single card and 3 card spreads, it just seems that every book I pick up - Mary Greer`s `Tarot for Yourself` and Joan Bunnings book both have huge sections devoted to the Celtic cross. It makes you feel as if this is THE spread which everyone should use. I`m going to take the advice you have all given me and stick to 3 cards for now. Thanks for the link Jemma, I`ve added it to my favorites list.

Crystalmynx xx