Raising your vibration before reading

DownUnderNZer

When you mention "connect to spirit" - do you mean your higher self, creator, or a guide etc.

Or...

Do you mean Mediumship?

Anyone can be Psychic, but not everyone has the ability to be a Medium.

There is loads of valid advice given here using tactics like grounding, shielding, and protection. I myself do not usually use crystals or anything physical not that I often connect to spirits either as they are not really my thing.

Sometimes I do get "visitors" or "connections" without doing any of it - it just happens.

When you speak of "low vibration spirits" I feel you are talking more about "Mediumship". These lower energies are usually just a print left behind, earth bound spirits, or residual energy. There are things a little worse than a "lower vibration spirit" when you open yourself to that world.

Anyways, I was taught this:

1) Form an invisible circle around oneself of Gold (No zone entry), White (Protection), or Pink (Empath) and state firmly something along the lines of:

A) Only come into my circle spirits or guides that walk in creators light. (Over and over again until the Psychic/Medium feels protected etc)

To each his/her own of course.

B) When done with "reading" - close the circle. Thank your guides/creator/angels etc and break the circle and connection by washing ones hands and/or hugging a tree.

A good way to "raise the vibration" if you are in a crowd is to get the audience to clap, dance, laugh, and/or sing.

The more the ENERGY the HIGHER the VIBRATION - the readings should just flow.

As for diet and all that. I can connect and read without meditating, dieting, doing rituals, and even under extremely high stress. No problems at all. As long as I have no emotional connection to the person or situation - fine. Never tried it when someone has died yet, so cannot quite go there.

Having said that - I feel one has to be in the "mode" and "focused". Focused and clarity is vital.

DND :)

Bluebird

So glad you received help here. You sound very psychic and this does aid readings enormously.
Before l do a reading l take a couple of deep breaths to calm and ground me, then call on ArchAngel Michael to protect me and to also give strength to the reading. l call on ArchAngel Raphael to bring harmony and healing into the room and also for the client of it is needed.
l do this before the client arrives and whilst doing this l may pick up on their feelings and needs before they arrive. l find that my reading/therapy room takes on a beautiful relaxing atmosphere which puts people at ease immediately. l have a few candles burning to welcome any spiritual angels/guides or loved ones.

This only takes minutes and after l have done a reading l always thank those unseen helpers and of course my cards.

If you read at fairs or parties, then doing this before you go will help in the same way.

Hi Thoughtful,

Thank you this is very helpful. I do feel very connected to the Angels and had an unbelievable experience lately when reading about Archangel Chamuel. The text I was reading prompted me to ask a him a question and when I did the answer appeared straight in front of . It was most bizarre and could not be just put down to coincidence. Thank you for sharing this with me - I will certainly use it.

All the best,

Joss

Bluebird

When you mention "connect to spirit" - do you mean your higher self, creator, or a guide etc.

Or...

Do you mean Mediumship?

Anyone can be Psychic, but not everyone has the ability to be a Medium.

There is loads of valid advice given here using tactics like grounding, shielding, and protection. I myself do not usually use crystals or anything physical not that I often connect to spirits either as they are not really my thing.

Sometimes I do get "visitors" or "connections" without doing any of it - it just happens.

When you speak of "low vibration spirits" I feel you are talking more about "Mediumship". These lower energies are usually just a print left behind, earth bound spirits, or residual energy. There are things a little worse than a "lower vibration spirit" when you open yourself to that world.

Anyways, I was taught this:

1) Form an invisible circle around oneself of Gold (No zone entry), White (Protection), or Pink (Empath) and state firmly something along the lines of:

A) Only come into my circle spirits or guides that walk in creators light. (Over and over again until the Psychic/Medium feels protected etc)

To each his/her own of course.

B) When done with "reading" - close the circle. Thank your guides/creator/angels etc and break the circle and connection by washing ones hands and/or hugging a tree.

A good way to "raise the vibration" if you are in a crowd is to get the audience to clap, dance, laugh, and/or sing.

The more the ENERGY the HIGHER the VIBRATION - the readings should just flow.

As for diet and all that. I can connect and read without meditating, dieting, doing rituals, and even under extremely high stress. No problems at all. As long as I have no emotional connection to the person or situation - fine. Never tried it when someone has died yet, so cannot quite go there.

Having said that - I feel one has to be in the "mode" and "focused". Focused and clarity is vital.

DND :)

Hi DND,

Thank you very much for your insightful post. Just to put my question in context I just realised in the last few years that I am an empath. This realisation brought me huge relief as my life was constantly effected by the drama that I imagine most unsuspecting empaths are subjected to. Every now and again I would also seem to 'know' stuff that nobody else knew but I explained this away with logic. However, in the lost four years my sense of 'knowing' has increased dramatically in relation to myself and I started trying to read the cards to see if I could pick up more, or indeed see for others. After a miserable start, I did a reading for someone and realised that I had been connecting to a spirit who was connected to them. This spooked me a little bit and as I would like to start practicing doing readings for others I began to worry about who I could possibly be inviting in. I have been told that I have a high vibration and therefore I will only attract similar vibrations, but I have no idea what I am doing so I wanted to be sure, to be sure if you know what I mean. So to answer your question above I guess I mean both. Just to add also sometimes spirits do come in very, very strongly of their own accord and out of the blue (I can feel them as well as see them) and I just want to be able to protect myself in advance so this doesn't happen when I am doing a reading for someone I don't know.

Thank you for the advice you have given me and sharing your own experiences with me. I don't know anyone else that I could discuss this with, so it is nice to hear from someone in a similar situation and how they handle it.

Appreciate your help!

All the best,

Joss

nisaba

Hi Nisaba,

Sorry for not replying to this earlier - I must have missed it.

I take on board what your are saying - I guess the thing here is to ensure I have a balanced approach and 'not sweat' it too much - sometimes I know I can overthink things too much.

<smile>

However, I am concerned, on the other hand, about what I am exposing myself too when I read for others.

It is exactly that concern which leaves "holes" in your aura for things to enter by.

I can experience spirit very strongly at times

<smile> I think many or most of us do, too.

and this has made me nervous

And *this* emotion REALLY leaves you vulnerable. As does any supposed shielding based on that emotion.

Many thanks for sharing your insight with me and taking the time to respond to my post.

I'm just sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

HOLMES

what i do before every reading

try to have good vibrations aka eat, listen to nice celtic mysteries music, and rested.
I studied light body techiques, quantum touch, and some theta healing so in a nutshell

1. raise my chakra that is below my feet above my head to the crown
2. bring down a chakra above my head to my stomach,,
3. bring down a chakra above my head to my heart
4. bring down a chakra above my head to my third eye
5. bring down the chakra above my head to my crown center pretty well where the first one is.
(that is from supercharging quantum touch
6. active my light body centers , the first 7 roughly correspond to the chakras
so I go nee yah, denee, leow, (mumin with it) rantha , threo, pia, renware
7. fuinielia roughy near the thymus gland, or just above the heart chakra
8. sa ha (upper abb, and lower abs)
9. bring the vee down into the body (tenth light body center )
that is just breathing and saying it mentally
then I do this
I picture myself floating, flying upwards til I get the universal mind.
I bring the light down from above and from the earth at the same time, and they meet at the chakras
root, sexual, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, crown,, thymus or soul heart from Barbara brenne light emrging book, , to sa ha/(hara in Barbara ann Brennen book ).

after I imagine myself filled up with the light , and I hold the cards up sideways in my hand and ask "please bless these cards, give us guidance, give them courage , thank you ) .
and then I do my simple prayer , oh creator let them get a good reading,, let me do a good reading. thanks

so that has evoled over time though.

Bluebird

try to have good vibrations aka eat, listen to nice celtic mysteries music, and rested.
I studied light body techiques, quantum touch, and some theta healing so in a nutshell

1. raise my chakra that is below my feet above my head to the crown
2. bring down a chakra above my head to my stomach,,
3. bring down a chakra above my head to my heart
4. bring down a chakra above my head to my third eye
5. bring down the chakra above my head to my crown center pretty well where the first one is.
(that is from supercharging quantum touch
6. active my light body centers , the first 7 roughly correspond to the chakras
so I go nee yah, denee, leow, (mumin with it) rantha , threo, pia, renware
7. fuinielia roughy near the thymus gland, or just above the heart chakra
8. sa ha (upper abb, and lower abs)
9. bring the vee down into the body (tenth light body center )
that is just breathing and saying it mentally
then I do this
I picture myself floating, flying upwards til I get the universal mind.
I bring the light down from above and from the earth at the same time, and they meet at the chakras
root, sexual, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, crown,, thymus or soul heart from Barbara brenne light emrging book, , to sa ha/(hara in Barbara ann Brennen book ).

after I imagine myself filled up with the light , and I hold the cards up sideways in my hand and ask "please bless these cards, give us guidance, give them courage , thank you ) .
and then I do my simple prayer , oh creator let them get a good reading,, let me do a good reading. thanks

so that has evoled over time though.

Hi Holmes,

Thank you very much for sharing your ritual with me - I really appreciate it! I have never heard of quantum touch or theta healing but you have piqued my curiosity and so I will have to go in search of some information.

Thanks again!

Joss

Bluebird

Sorry for not replying to this earlier - I must have missed it.

<smile>

It is exactly that concern which leaves "holes" in your aura for things to enter by.

<smile> I think many or most of us do, too.

And *this* emotion REALLY leaves you vulnerable. As does any supposed shielding based on that emotion.

I'm just sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

Hi Nisaba,

Thank you for your reply. Your reply reminds me of my Guide (who tends to communicate through his expressions and by showing me things). What he shows me too is always succinct to the point and very wise:)

Thanks so much X

SunChariot

Hi guys,

My psychic side is really beginning to develop in the last year and the last time I did readings I realised I was connecting with spirit. As I am new to all of this there is a lot I don't know. I have , however, read that it is important to raise your vibration before doing a reading so that you don't connect with low vibration spirits. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how you do this and how do you know when it is raised sufficiently? Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

There is a lot on the internet in general but I am not sure what to follow. I would also be interested if anyone could recommend a site or book.

Many thanks in advance - I am just feeling my way around with this one at the moment and would appreciate some advice.

Joss

2 things come to mind here. First is that the best way I have found to raise my vibration before reading is meditation beforehand. Also for some reason a scented lit candle next to me when I am reading seems to help.

Second thing that came to mind (and btw, I also believe I very much connect to spirit during readings), is that I don't think you connect to any lower energy spirits unless you try to, What you try to connect to is what you will connect to. If you don't go looking for low energy spirits then they are not going to go looking for you.

I personally never had any issue with that happened, not once, adn I have been reading about 15 years now. What I think helped me is to set your intentions and make them clear from the start. What it is you intend to connect to.

What I did personally is at the start I ASKED "Please let all answers that come to me through the cards be full of love, love, beauty and wisdom. And let me be able to truly help though you come to me for readings"

I repeated that a lot at the start, Maube the first few weeks every time, until I was sure it had "taken". And that is always what has come through in my readings. I have never seen an answer that did not feel like light, love and beauty to me.

If you ask your answers come from that kind of place, then that is where they will come from. And that is NOT a place of low energy spirits. Light and love come from a place of high level energy.

Possibly is you just asked that your answers came form the spirit world, then who knows what you might get. The point is to be clear on what you want to connect to and ask your answers come from there, imo. It works from what I can see, If you chose to view that as a prayer, then maybe all prayers are answered. But however you want to view it, in my experience it worked perfectly.

Babs

Bluebird

Sorry Babs I almost missed your post, but glad I didn't. I hadn't actually asked to connect to spirit, but just realised afterwards I had when someone I had never seen before kept showing themselves to me - so it was quite a surprise and made me wonder what control I had over who came in.

Thanks for sharing your own practice with me - so simple and easy to do.

Much appreciated,

Joss