Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 286 : January 21 - January 27

VGimlet

Hi VGimlet, and everyone 🙋 my poorly old grandma passed away yesterday, and I feel very sad about it even though she was sick and ready to go.

Very sad news, and very sorry for your loss.

willowy

Hi everyone,please sign me up with cat tarot,thanks Vg

willowy

Hi VGimlet, and everyone 🙋 my poorly old grandma passed away yesterday, and I feel very sad about it even though she was sick and ready to go. So I'm going to read with The Fountain Tarot this week as I find it soothing to look at and I will also be using Wisdom of the Oracle cards as they are have gentle, soft art.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss Charlottek.

BodhiSeed

So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, CharlotteK. :heart: Grandparents can hold a special place in our hearts.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm so sorry about your grandmother Charlotte :( I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts!

I'm having a rough week myself, so I'm working with the Dreams of Gaia Tarot and the Earthbound Oracle. I feel like the Dreams of Gaia is a gentle deck. Hoping I connect to it better. I seem to want to like it more than I actually do.

As to the unlisted/misc things I'm working with, I'm choosing Rainbow Fluorite as my crystal of the week, the Bonefire as my backup/RWS deck, and the Samhain Lenormand to continue my practice.

Scarlet Woodland

I'm so sorry (((CharlotteK))) sending hugs to you and your family.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the Animism Tarot. What do you love most about it? Is there anything you don't like? I love animal decks, but I can't decide whether or not this is one that should go on my wish list.

Ooooh, how to say why you love what you love... I kind of love everything about it. The artwork is rich and beautiful. The images are easy to read at a glance but I'm still finding little details I hadn't noticed with each reading. The imagery ties wonderfully with the card meanings but is still rarely what you would have expected. Equal attention is paid to majors and minors, which is a dealbreaker for me and the "darker" cards have real weight. The backs are gorgeous and I even like the borders, which are kind of a faded out, close up from the image. Most importantly, just looking at it cheers me up, even when it's giving me a well deserved slap. I've resisted buying a lot of lovely animal decks since because I know I found 'the one' on the first shot.

All that said, if I'm really picky, the gamecrafter cardstock isn't my favourite. It's got great weight and flexibility but can warp and the edges of the cards were rough enough that I had to sand and gild them straight away. The Lion in strength looks kinda inbred :D and there are a whole lot of "animal with a bit of background" cards. These pretty much always work for me anyway because I find the setting, animal and pose chosen plenty evocative but I can totally see how someone else might find them dull. The animal relationship shown in the 6 of pents, while perfect for the card, is now pretty much proven to be a myth. There's also only a wee little PDF leaflet to go with the deck which I'm fine with but a book would have been a huge bonus. On a totally irrelevant note (as you won't have this problem)... don't even ask how much I spent on the #%*#!* shipping!

I think you'd really like it, but I'm biased :D

Green Faerie

Apologies for the late reply! Victorian Fairy Tarot and Tarot of the Hidden Realm again for me. I didn't get to use them at all last week, and I find that they work very well as a pair, whether I use them separately or together.

VG, I would love to know more of your thoughts on the Everyday Witch. Fun and playful sounds wonderful. Did you get over the hats and cats problem? Anything else about the way the deck read or felt to you? And thank you for the new thread! :)

CharlotteK, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep you in my thoughts!

EmpyreanKnight

Thank you so much to everyone in these forums. I learned so much in the 15 months that I was here. And I can only get better so yeah. :)