Morgan Greer - Ace of Swords

Pipistrelle

This is a very powerful, direct image. I love the firm grip with which the hand grasps the sword; the sense of an upwards thrusting motion just completed. The sword dominates the great, big sky and towers over the mountains, so powerful and victorious.

I've read that the clouds represent revelation, higher thought and messages from the divine, which works with the meaning of the card. I usually see it as the sword bursting through the clouds, cutting through the confusion and using logic and rational thought to overcome emotional despair.

There are a lot of 'symbols' in this card. The mountains, clouds, the crown, the palm and laurel, and the red and white roses. Perhaps we could talk about these. I'd also love to hear what this card means to you.

I drew this card yesterday. I'd returned to the Morgan Greer after a new relationship with the Tyldwick Tarot which had left me feeling melancholy. This card got me right back on track. It told me to get a grip, to rise above the feelings that had been dragging me down, and to focus my mind on something. Hence I'm studying this deck again. :)

Beancrew49

Interesting. I've recently learned that the swords in this deck are somewhat revealing. Usually there is a dark side and a light side to the swords in this suit and the cards that fall on the light side of the sword are the mental aspects that are true and just while the cards that fall to the dark side are deception and negative. Here's where I heard that idea. She explains it much better than I:

http://www.underworldclassroom.com/2012/09/morgan-greer-swords/

Pipistrelle

Interesting. I've recently learned that the swords in this deck are somewhat revealing. Usually there is a dark side and a light side to the swords in this suit and the cards that fall on the light side of the sword are the mental aspects that are true and just while the cards that fall to the dark side are deception and negative. Here's where I heard that idea. She explains it much better than I:

http://www.underworldclassroom.com/2012/09/morgan-greer-swords/

That's an interesting way to read them. I could imagine deliberately incorporating that into a spread, e.g. if you want to find out the truth of a situation, by placing the Ace of Swords card down and then drawing one card either side.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to use that approach in every reading because it may be at cross-purposes with the position meanings (depending on the spread being used). But it's a good addition to the ol' toolkit and would be quite helpful in free form readings (no particular spread).