Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Reading Tarot to Raise Money for Charity?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

novavita 
Resident
Reading Tarot to Raise Money for Charity?

So, I have this idea to read tarot at new age-y/tarot-friendly businesses in order to raise money for charity. I have no idea how this works legally and I'm struggling to find information online. I imagine it varies state-to-state (and from country-to-country, for that matter), but does anyone have any insights or could point me to any resources on this topic?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

CrystalSeas 
Citizen

Ask the charity you are raising money for.

Most states have strict laws about soliciting for charities. The charity you're planning to donate the money to will know what rules you need to follow.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
A star-gleam on a stone

AnemoneRosie 
A star-gleam on a stone

What I do is I donate a reading to a raffle or to an event that is being held.
For example, last weekend there was a raffle fundraiser for a cause that I support, and so I offered a reading as one of the prizes. I won't get paid for it, but I think that the winner paid between $30-50 for entry and the tickets.

It also provides me the opportunity to put out my business cards, so that I get paid business as well.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by novavita View Post
So, I have this idea to read tarot at new age-y/tarot-friendly businesses in order to raise money for charity. I have no idea how this works legally and I'm struggling to find information online. I imagine it varies state-to-state (and from country-to-country, for that matter), but does anyone have any insights or could point me to any resources on this topic?
I raised money for a nursing home by simply reading Tarot on their premises during their fiund-raising weekend.

I'm sure charities-of-your-choice have fund-raising drives in your area occasionally. Sign up.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Original Destiny 
Citizen

I was a member of a golf club a few years ago they had a restaurant open to the public, on Sunday lunch time there was an elderly man Sat at a small table reading for charity 5 per reading, he had a sign sayin just how much he had raised which was quite a sum
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

This is a nice idea, like pay-it-forward neat. I dunno if religious charity drives would take kindly to this though. In any case many other organizations might welcome it so it's all good.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.