Phoenix Rising

This spread I got from a cartomancy book "Personal Prophecy" using 24 cards
8 groups of 3.

.....................................3 1 2
...............4 11 18..........5 12 19........6 13 20........7 14 21
..........................8 15 22.......9 16 23...........10 17 24

1.Shuffle cut into 3 piles
#1.......#2.........#3

2.from pile#1 deal off the top 7 cards (place to Right) and take the 8th card and put in position 1. Discard the remaining cards to left side, not the 7 cards placed at the right side.

3.from pile#2 deal off the top 7 cards (place on top of the other 7 cards) take the 8th card of this pile and place in position 2. Discard the remainng cards.

4.from pile#3 deal off another 7 cards (place on top of the other 14 cards) take the 8th card and place in position 3. Discard the remaining cards.

So you should have 3 cards in positions 3 1 2, and 21 cards on the right side. Now with these 21 cards, still face down, from the top, deal off as in positions shown above, card 4 starts first trio, card 5 starts the next trio, etc, you should end up with 8 piles of 3 cards (including the first trio 3 1 2)

The trio 3 12- Present moment
trio 4 11 18-Home environment
trio 2 12 19-You(what's important to you)
trio 6 13 20-Your wish
trio 7 14 21-unexpected
trio 8 15 22 What's expected
trio 9 16 23-What will surprise you
trio 10 17 24-What is sure to come true

I did this spread, very interesting!!

EnglishRose

Very interesting spread, i'm going to copy it down and try it out later.
Thanks for posting,
Sophie

colorwalk

Phoenix Rising said:
1.Shuffle cut into 3 piles
#1.......#2.........#3
This sounds like an interesting spread that could be revealing in many ways! I'll be giving it a go... and since it was originally created for Cartomancy, I'll probably be reading it with my playing cards than my Tarot. :)

Question: When cutting into 3 piles... does it matter which way you cut it and which one ultimately gets designated as pile 1, 2, or 3? I generally cut my piles to the left, with the bottom-most stack on the farthest right. That would then make my 1st pile the top-most cards, etc. I realize it's probably just doing what we feel comfortable with, but I was wondering if the spread was specific about the piles (since it was so specific about everything else).

Thanks for sharing!

rwcarter

Ocean Light said:
Question: When cutting into 3 piles... does it matter which way you cut it and which one ultimately gets designated as pile 1, 2, or 3? I generally cut my piles to the left, with the bottom-most stack on the farthest right. That would then make my 1st pile the top-most cards, etc. I realize it's probably just doing what we feel comfortable with, but I was wondering if the spread was specific about the piles (since it was so specific about everything else).
Ocean Light,

I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you how I determine which is pile 1, 2 or 3. After I cut into three stacks like you do from right to left with the top part of the deck on the far left and the bottom part of the deck on the far right, I close my eyes and feel the energy coming off the cards. Whichever stack has the strongest energy becomes pile 1. Piles 2 and 3 are then determined by picking the rightmost remaining pile as #2 and then the last pile becomes #3.

And with some minor tweaking, this spread would be well-suited to the Transparent Tarot....

Rodney

Phoenix Rising

The cut how it is in the book. Cutting with left hand, cut in half, placing the top cut (becomes #2) to the right of the bottom cut (#1). Then cut again, the top cut of the second pile (#2) becomes the third (#3)

As long as you have 3 piles. You deal 8 off each pile.

Phoenix

colorwalk

rwcarter said:
After I cut into three stacks like you do from right to left with the top part of the deck on the far left and the bottom part of the deck on the far right, I close my eyes and feel the energy coming off the cards. Whichever stack has the strongest energy becomes pile 1. Piles 2 and 3 are then determined by picking the rightmost remaining pile as #2 and then the last pile becomes #3.
Thanks for sharing your method, Rodney! :)

I've actually done that quite often too when reading with my tarot cards- not always, but I'll get the urge to feel the energy of each pile and pick from there every so often. Most of the time, though, I guess the pile on the far right with the bottom part would be considered the first pile for me as I tend to stack it back from the right. I suppose in that way, the 2nd pile always stays the same.

The thought of 3 piles and the order suddenly made me pause for this spread because I was actually just shuffling my playing cards and cutting them into 3 piles. But then when I looked at the piles, the leftmost became visually "pile 1"... which goes against what I normally do with the restacking of tarot. I think that must have been what made me pause to ask the question. LOL... overthinking it much?!

But yea... at the end of the day, I guess it's all about doing what feels right. *smacks self*

colorwalk

Phoenix Rising said:
The cut how it is in the book. Cutting with left hand, cut in half, placing the top cut (becomes #2) to the right of the bottom cut (#1). Then cut again, the top cut of the second pile (#2) becomes the third (#3)
Oops, we must have posted at the same time. Thank you, Phoenix Rising, for the clarification! It turned out to be the opposite than what I assumed and dealt out for a go, but I'll give that cutting pile method a try. :)

MomentoMori

yeah that does seem like an interesting spread but a spread that big is a little out of my league LOL

Phoenix Rising

the hard part is laying it out, once you got that, it's just a matter of reading 3 cards to each designation. So 8 mini spreads really.

Phoenix

wordwitch

very accurate spread. Under what is sure to come true I drew the lovers, two of cups and page of cups. So funny that those 3 ended up together!