PKT - 4 of Wands

treedog

and now we add the Graal Myth

Can I be relieved and whelmed at the same time? I have just begun to investigate M.K. Greer's webinar/DVD about Waite's Secret Tradition of including the story of the Holy Grail, and other stories, into the lesser arcana. Actually, it is thought that Pamela Coleman Smith took the lead on exactly how she would incorporate those myths and influences from other writers and magicians of the time. What a great piece of work Mary is doing with this! I see it developing further in other threads.

There were times when I've thought the pictoral narratives of the pips (RWS) seemed to be a stretch, or skewed in a particular direction that made the Qabalistic and Astrological influences very much secondary to the drawings. But when I look at the drawings as telling the journey of hero like Joseph of Arametheas or Perceval, then it makes more sense. It doesn't, yet, answer my question about "for once almost visible," but adds a new element to investigate.

And--I'm not sure about this part--it seems that Crowley may have continued with Waite and Smith's interpretations of these stories in a few cases. That is surprising to me. I won't say anything further about this part until I have more information.