A new Tarot idea that isn't exactly a deck...

blackroseivy

...one would use them in castings rather than in spreads. But it WOULD be Tarot in something of a sense, so I thought I'd toss out the idea here just for the heck of it...

It is something for people who are tactile & like the 3rd dimension - a 3-dimensional deck, if you will. I rather think it would be terrific for blind people too - & they could read in regular deck fashion, using them in spreads.

I got the idea from something else but my idea is quite completely different, & I'm devising a way to divine with it, which is basically a collection of symbolic charms that would represent each of the 78 cards. Pips would be a design of the suit signs kinda joined in a pattern. I'd have crowns that would be surmounted by a suit sign for the Courts; Aces, just the suit sign individually, of course.

The Majors would be fun because there are so many possibilities - like maybe a little miter & crozier joined for the Pope (or Heirophant), a bigger crown than the Court crowns for Empress & Emperor, with I think a Venus mirror on the Empress' crown & the Mars "male" symbol on the Emperor's; maybe 2 little figures with a heart between them for The Lovers, a Sun, a Moon & a Star, a tiny Chariot - think Monopoly game pieces, only Tarot-related symbols instead of random objects! :D

I think that some would be silver & some gold depending upon their associations - like, a gold sun, silver moon, gold star, gold for the male elements & silver for the female. Just for fun, this is!

Wondered if people would like the idea...

I have an idea about how to cast them - a circle with the 4 cardinal directions, the center being "Spirit"; I have a system I worked out with these other things, called "Tarot Stones" which are really just tiny cards stamped into composite marble. MINE would be actual charms, kinda like you'd have on a bracelet. Not like the ones worn as jewelry, either - you know? Little objects, not little metal cards...

I'm going to sculpt a set for myself in that "Art Clay" stuff, which is something that you fire into pure silver. There is gold, too, & "slip" (runny stuff) that is 24k gold that you can coat the silver in & make vermeil, which is a lot cheaper than doing it in PURE gold, of course! THAT stuff is muy expens`ivo...

Put 'em in a silk-lined velvet bag, make a beautiful board to go with it to cast them on - I think I might be able to sell this! ;)

What do you think?

NorthernTigress

I rather like this idea. It sounds almost like a combination of Tarot and Runes. And it would be great to be able to display them on a shelf or an altar when not in use; unlike a deck which, no matter how beautiful, can't be seen from afar.

Go for it! Even if you only end up with a Unique for your own use, it would still be worth it.

blackroseivy

I might do enough of them to sell on eBay - I don't know who might be interested in putting them out, but I bet I COULD sell 'em!

Yep - just as soon as I'm set up to do metalwork with that kind of clay, I'll DEF start working!

Sidhe-Ra

You go for it! I think it's a smashing idea :)

Em xx

blackroseivy

OOO funny - we crossed posts, I just commented in your thread after Ciro! :D

Glad you like - it's so the opposite of your deck it's almost funny, isn't it? :p

I really have a thing about 3 dimensions - I feel another thread coming on... ;)

silverwings94

I love the idea. I can definately see them myself. It would be a great way to divine.I know I would get alot more out of handling a 3 dimentional object thatn a flat card. Also for the blind what a great divination tool it would be for them .
Fabulous Idea. I'm greatly interested.
Silverwings

Erzebet

This sounds like a really beautiful idea! I'd want a set for sure :)