Soul Radiance Tarot - again! :)

Astraea

spunch said:
As I said on Deviant, I am being hyperproductive and I simply cannot help it. I honestly do hope that the quantity is not replacing the quality. I am not doing the cards just because I want to post something, but these images just want to get out from where they have been sitting for years. I really hope they make sense to you and that one they all cards packed together and shuffled will give a nice and clear reading to someone.
No, Spunch, quantity is not replacing quality in these cards -- you are experiencing the uprush of creativity, and one must seize the moment when it comes and bring forth the result. With every set of images you present, I long more and more to read with this deck as I know it is a pure and authentic oracle.

Ahria

Wow, the cards are gorgeous, you can put me in line for a deck as well. I have been wanting to create a deck as well and just wanted to know are you drawing them or using a computer? Your deck is inspiring and intimidating all at the same time!

spunch

Hi there! I am glad you like the cards. Your feedback means a lot and I hope that one day we will all see the deck published.
As for your question - I rarely draw and scan things on paper. They are mostly done on the computer. Sometimes I use copyright-free clipart or fonts or illustrations from books (again, copyright-free) and sometimes I draw them in Photoshop or Corel from scratch.

And finally, if you want to start making your own deck, you should do so. The most beautiful thing is to see images awaken from your consciousness getting alive as a Tarot card. And imagine, one day, you will use the cards for readings, and they will be the best cards in the world because you will use your creations, the images produced by your inner being. And once when you create them, interesting thing is that you can add tons of meanings to them. Once created, they develop the life of their own!

All the best!

Astraea

Really lovely. I appreciate the way you choose different kinds of birds to amplify the meanings of the numbered cards in the Bird suit, and the way you are able to convey mood and portent with color and texture. Love that 8 of Butterflies -- now, that is a picture of entrapment/enmeshment! And the 8 of Flowers, what a beautiful statement about the inner journey.

spunch

Thnx very much. I really appreciate your comments and they mean a lot to me. But you already know that. :)

Well, I do now have some ideas about the nines and tens, but then I will have to give it a rest. Courts are going to be a tough nut to crack!

Astraea

Beautiful. I love the way that each card shows fulfillment without finality -- the images whisper of new births possible on other planes, at the same time that present achievement is crowned with visible recognition. And the richness of the colors invites one to look deeply into the meanings behind each suit's culminating message -- to go into and beyond it, neither resting on one's laurels nor becoming anxious about tomorrow's uncertainties.

spunch

Such a great comment, Astraea! I am glad you like the images. You manage so wonderfully to put into words what I try to achieve by illustrating the cards. And you do even more! And that's the beauty of it - the fact that you can look beyond the obvious in my cards and that you can find your own ways to interpret what on the surface appears to be ordinary birds, ships, butterflies and flowers.
Thank you!
Love,
spunch.