Photographic Tarot

MoonInScorpio

Over the summer I'm going to make a tarot deck made up of a bunch of photographs. The only one I have taken so far is the Empress, which is a beautiful picture of a Japanese doll I took a few days ago. It is what inspired me to make this deck, it just reminded me so much of the empress in every way.

Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble thinking of things to take pictures of for most of the other cards... I know the Fool is going to be a picture of a clown statuette laying on its side, but otherwise I am drawing a blank. I love the idea, but I don't know what to use.

Any ideas? Also, opinions of the idea itself?

memries

There is a section on here that shows the decks made by the members of Aeclectic Tarot and there is one in the making now. Each card is made by a different member. They are really very interesting and express the understanding of each member who produced a card. I guess you have to be a Member to access it. It is not very expensive. Not soliciting business here but just trying to answer your question.
Is it all going to be dolls or could you take a walk in the wilderness ? Old trees are very wonderful and other things you could find.
You have certainly come up with a wonderful idea and I can see it giving you many hours of pleasure. Good Luck and happy hunting.

DraagonStorm

Not to disagree memries, but I think following the theme of dolls would be a great idea! If you don't have enough different dolls, that would be a great excuss to check out doll shops on road trips during the summer. If the owners of the shops don't want you to take pictures at first, offer to say that you will mention them in the deck info. (You should probably do that anyway). You could also check out doll shows. Sounds like a full, and fun summer to me.

Cool idea!

BB
DraagonStorm

baba-prague

I'd just say choose a theme that you really love. Seventy-eight cards is a LOT (even twenty-two, if you decide to do Majors only, is quite a project). You need to enjoy each and every card and the whole process, otherwise it could become a chore. So ask yourself what really appeals to YOU - don't worry too much about other peoples' opinion. Make the deck unique to you and precious to you - that way it will work.

MoonInScorpio

Thanks for the imput. I might use the dolls theme, but who knows. I'm seriously considering doing a deck with nothings but dolls, toys and games.

I'm not sure though. I guess for now, I'm just searching for inspiring images... hopefully soon I can put a couple up to show you.